O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Vortex Crossfire II 1X24 Muzzleloader Scopes CF2-31047

Vortex page with all tech details here:
https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-crossfire-ii-1x24-muzzleloader-riflescope.html
The original mission for these scopes, as I understand it, was to be legal for muzzleloader seasons where magnified optics are not legal. They provide a clean plex crosshair in the same plane of focus as the target with a wide field of view, a substantial advantage over iron sights.

A few years ago, I’d gone deep with pistol-caliber and other straight-wall cartridge rifles firing big, fat pistol bullets at sub-Mach 2 speeds. I figured the ballistics would be a pretty good match for these scopes, which were simple, compact, lightweight and reasonably affordable. The rifles have not survived my downsizing campaign, so I no longer have need of the scopes.

These were discontinued awhile back from Vortex, and can be difficult to find, especially just before muzzleloader season. Get them now, and spend the summer getting your muzzleloader dialed in.

I have three of these, in slightly differing condition, so they will be slightly differing prices.

There’s currently one on a popular auction site in “New” condition at $200 plus shipping (and taxes in most jurisdictions) with about a day and a half left. I’m using that as a baseline, because it’s what people are willing to pay. With the pricing here, the buyer will pay less, and I’ll net more than if I put them on the auction site due to the fees. Win-win makes a fair deal.

Prices are to 48 states. AK and HI will need to be more for the shipping costs; baseline will be to deduct $15 from the numbers below, then add whatever the actual cost is for UPS or USPS (unlikely to be cheaper) service.

Scope #1 - $180 shipped. Slightly dinged, cosmetic only.
Scope #2 - $190 shipped. Minor imperfection in exterior finish from the factory and very light ring marks.
Scope #3 - $200 shipped. Perfect, as-new condition.

See detailed explanations and photos of the individual scopes in posts that follow. One post per scope to keep everything organized.

Sorry for the crummy reticle photo. I haven’t perfected my technique for shooting photos through scopes. Any softness in the image is the camera focus, not the crispness of the scope. (It was shot with scope #1, in case that matters.)

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by OlongJohnson; 07/04/21.
GB1

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Scope #1:
Looking for $180 shipped for this one.

I mocked this up on a PC lever gun using the lowest base & ring setup I could find. It turned out to be too low, and the hammer put a ding (not a dent) on the exact center bottom of the ocular bell. The strap from the Weaver Top Mount Low ring (see my other post – they’re for sale, too) that I used put a very mild marring mark on the finish when removing it. Ring was only snugged for mocking up, not torqued. Will likely be covered by your ring, and it’s just a marring, not a scratch.

[[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Scope #2:
Looking for $190 shipped for this one.

I apparently mocked this up on something, but I don’t remember what. Wouldn't have torqued the screws. There are some very slight ring marks visible in the photos, so light I didn’t even notice them while I was taking the photos.

There is a very slight loss of finish on the edge of the main tube at the very front, where the front cap threads on. I don’t see how this could get there after the scope was assembled, so I have to assume it happened at the factory and was passed through Vortex’s cosmetic inspection standard.

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Scope #3:
Looking for $200 shipped for this one.

This scope is as it came out of the box, and appears perfect. I can find no blemish on it whatsoever. When I took it all the way out of the packaging for the purposes of photography, everything looked like that was the first time.

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Bumpity weekend.

IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Going to start moving stuff to auctions on Sunday evening if no activity over the weekend.

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Moved #3 to auction. 1 and 2 still here.

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Moved #2 to auction. 1 is still here.

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
#2 sold and paid at auction. #1 will go live at auction on Sunday evening.

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
#1 listed at auction. All photos deleted from hosting service.

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Gone.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

364 members (1lesfox, 06hunter59, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 39 invisible), 1,872 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,602
Posts18,454,655
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.