Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Systemic Racism’ Blocks Black People From Going Outdoors

A report published by Outside Interactive alleged that America’s historically racist policies have contributed to “the nature gap,” resulting in black Americans having less enjoyment of the so-called “great outdoors.”

“Through grantmaking, resource gathering, collaboration, and advocacy, we work with the ski industry as well as grassroots organizations across the United States to provide low or no-cost programs for youth traditionally denied access to winter sports,” Beverly explains. “We recognized years ago that a lack of participation from skiers and riders of diverse backgrounds had nothing to do with a lack of interest, but lack of access and opportunity. We strive to create a winter sports community where all youth, from every background, see themselves as skiers and riders; that they feel welcomed, included, and celebrated.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ab&ff_campaign=websitesharingbuttons

Funny she didn't mention Hunting and the shooting sports.

Last edited by steve4102; 07/23/21.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I would opine that minorities are very well represented in the shooting sports.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No they just live in the urban jungle.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
And I would opine that activities in the outdoors require effort, and look who you are talking about.

Likewise, theres nothing to steal out there, sooooo...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is there no place you can go to get away from them?

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Another reason I liked skiing and skating/ice hockey.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most of my experience with black people was in the army. We don't have very many of them here. From that limited experience, my conclusion was that they don't participate in outdoor recreation because any and all bugs, snakes, and other wildlife scares the living hell out of them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
In the 60s and 70s a lot of black people out here in the country hunted and wild animals including squirrels, rabbits, wood ducks, raccoon, deer, black birds, and robins were highly prized as a source of food. One of the most skilled deer hunting riflemen here locally was a big illiterate black man probably born around 1940. He had an unusual ability to see deer in our brushy woods and killed a good many big bucks first with his 'tutty-tutty'' and then he acquired a model 760 ''tutty aught six'' with a 4X ''Weevil'' scope.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
That’s the reason I liked to ski, you didn’t see any. It’s expensive, blacks are too cheap to spend money to go.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
20 years ago my LGS purchased a very functional heavy barrel 243 built on Mauser action. Nice Unertel scope on top. From an elderly black gentleman.

My banker at the time knew the family. Claimed that the rifle had put more than 1,000 young ground hogs in the cook pot over the years. Tried like the dickens to get my LGS to sell it. Never succeeded.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Nig-roes are also under represented in swimming. In my little town, 40 years ago we had a big public pool, and there would be on a hot July day, 150 black kids in that pool. Bunch of 8 and 12 year old kids, more blacks in there than whites. But the black kids would not swim. Even in the shallow end where you could wade across, they would just cling to the side. Blacks are scared of the water and most of them won't swim.

It isn't that blacks don't have access to swimming, it is just that they, 97 percent of them, just refuse to swim.

As for skiing, our ski champs come from Wyoming and Colorado and Maine where there are mountains and snow. Last I checked they didn't grow too much cotton in the Rocky Mountains, so I don't think too many negros live up near Steamboat Springs or Vail.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It's not blacks coming up with these studies and proclamations, it's silly white liberals.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

How the Effects of Historically Racist Laws Are Still Keeping BIPOC from the Outdoors

https://www.outsideonline.com/cultu...e-still-keeping-bipoc-from-the-outdoors/

Pathetic!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert
It's not blacks coming up with these studies and proclamations, it's silly white liberals.

Who receive outrageous grants from the Government (us taxpayers) to "study" these meaningless issues.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would have loved for someone, that went saltwater fishing or to the river fishing, to have taken me when I was a young man...I wanted to go but didn't have the boats and equipment necessary or the opportunity. It made me want it all the worse, so I worked toward having the means to afford to do those things myself. You have to have goals in life and a willingness to work hard to attain those goals. You don't get that by having someone give you everything you want for free or by taking it by throwing a brick through a store front.

Harry
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This narrative started over a year ago and has some interesting developments even by the administration.

“Camping and National Park usage is white privileged”. The administration already instructed the Parks service to reduce the numbers allowed.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 07/23/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Nig-roes are also under represented in swimming. In my little town, 40 years ago we had a big public pool, and there would be on a hot July day, 150 black kids in that pool. Bunch of 8 and 12 year old kids, more blacks in there than whites. But the black kids would not swim. Even in the shallow end where you could wade across, they would just cling to the side. Blacks are scared of the water and most of them won't swim.

It isn't that blacks don't have access to swimming, it is just that they, 97 percent of them, just refuse to swim.

That’s because they sink. 😬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Blacks outdoors gives them access to tress.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert

I was ready to say that it was a safe bet that it was not a White person that wrote the original article, but rather, almost certainly a member of the Chosen Tribe.

But, I looked, and it was (ostensibly) written by a negress.

https://www.outsideonline.com/byline/erin-key/

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They already have plenty of opportunities to practice shooting and hunting as the kill each other. Thought they could benefit from some target shooting to help them hit their target and avoid bystanders

[Linked Image from ]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

453 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 54 invisible), 2,577 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,957
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.