Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Texas probably has a bigger endowment then a few schools combined in the SEC.

They don't have an organized program otherwise they would not be let recruits escape to play football in other states. I think they got a really good HC now if he can stay out of trouble.

"Really good" may be a stretch. He's been a good O coordinator but he's never had much success as the head guy. Time will tell.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mbhunt
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Texas probably has a bigger endowment then a few schools combined in the SEC.

They don't have an organized program otherwise they would not be let recruits escape to play football in other states. I think they got a really good HC now if he can stay out of trouble.

"Really good" may be a stretch. He's been a good O coordinator but he's never had much success as the head guy. Time will tell.

First thing he’d better do is stop the steady flow of TX recruits swimming the Red River northward.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You got that right chl. UT is the perennial underachiever on the football field. ATM is a wannabe big boy.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGRaider
You got that right chl. UT is the perennial underachiever on the football field. ATM is a wannabe big boy.

Yep. And they got butt hurt and refused to play the Aggies in a non conference game too.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T

Being from the great state of Texas, lemme make a subtle...or not so subtle...adjustment there.

Texas is perennial underachieving prima donna that thinks it's in a class by itself. A 3-7 record to big boy wannabe TCU over the last 10 years, coupled with a 7-15 record against its major rival OU since the 2000-2001 season, is not the mark of a premiere team.

A&M (my alma mater) is the wannabe big boy that knocks off enough one of the elites, on an often enough frequency, to think it's arrived, but the Aggies still have a very LOOOOOONG way to go to get rooted at the next level up in gridiron competition.

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Yep. And they got butt hurt and refused to play the Aggies in a non conference game too.

They then tried to get the Texas and Baylor alumni in the Texas Legislature to punish A&M for the audacity of seeking a better sports future for itself by trying to cut A&M out of the Texas Permanent School Fund.

And, in truth, the Aggies have shown they can leave off playing against Texas, (or Baylor, for that matter). LSU has been a very capable replacement as a rival...as has Alabama.

The A&M-Longhorn rivalry is missed, as is the Brazos Valley rivalry against Baylor, but neither show any interest in playing

Now, do we Aggies want to resume the Texas rivalry? You bet! Against Baylor? That's be nice!

Do we put up with the entitled attitudes? No, we told them to go shove it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
https://www.wibw.com/2021/07/23/jayhawks-set-up-potential-membership-talks-with-big-ten/

Former Bleacher Report/San Francisco Chronicles contributor and “KU Scoopsmeister” Mike Vernon tweeted on Friday that there are reports that the University of Kansas has a call set up with the Big Ten to discuss a potential membership.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I read today where it will take 11 yeas to let Tx and Ok into the SEC. Tx A&M is a no, at least I think so. If that's correct, it will only take 3 more no's, out of 13, and the deal is off.

I think the SEC will remember the deal Tx wanted several years ago and tell them to suck eggs..... again.

Of course, since Tx. wants into the SEC, I think they realize that they 'screwed up' and they just might be 'willing to take what they can get'.

Just my .02

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TXLoader

They then tried to get the Texas and Baylor alumni in the Texas Legislature to punish A&M for the audacity of seeking a better sports future for itself by trying to cut A&M out of the Texas Permanent School Fund.

And, in truth, the Aggies have shown they can leave off playing against Texas, (or Baylor, for that matter). LSU has been a very capable replacement as a rival...as has Alabama.

The A&M-Longhorn rivalry is missed, as is the Brazos Valley rivalry against Baylor, but neither show any interest in playing

Now, do we Aggies want to resume the Texas rivalry? You bet! Against Baylor? That's be nice!

Do we put up with the entitled attitudes? No, we told them to go shove it.

Loved it when Baylor would come to Kyle Field and get their asses handed to them. I was at the game in the 80’s when the Bears HC Grant Teaff got into a fight with some of his own fans after the game. Standing only a few yards from where it happened. It was hilarious. Of course, he tried to blame it on the Aggies instead.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/23/21.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Texas and Oklahoma want to join the SEC; may be a done deal??
Big $$$

Not so much. This sounds more like dreams swimming in fans' heads than actual reality

The SEC still remembers the antics Texas pulled off the last time the SEC raided the Big 12, pulling Texas A&M and Missouri away.

The SEC wanted both Texas and Texas A&M. Texas went prima donna, demanding all kinds of special conditions in exchange to access to "their" Texas market. The SEC said, "Thanks, but no thanks!", took Texas A&M and Missouri, and left the deal on the table. Texas then went further and snubbed Texas A&M, cancelling their annual duel, for accepting a better offer. Yet, Texas A&M has only gotten better recruiting through the years. Mighty Texas has faltered, until they recently got Nick Saban as their head coach.

Texas A&M has had mediocre teams, for the most part, but the talent they draw plays against the best teams in the nation, with respect to the top 3 sports.

Texas has sported some equally mediocre teams, because the Big 12 really has become "Texas/OU+ the others" - like the ancient SWC used to be. That said, Texas talent doesn't play among the best teams nationally until the end of the season. The SEC sports several national contenders every year.

Texas A&M hasn't missed the Big 12 nor Texas, and we've increased our recruiting.

I know this may step on some toes here, but this ol' Ag isn't seeing the Texas market changing any time soon.

Texas didn’t get Nick Saban as head Coach. They hired his Offensive Coordinator. .

Good grief; someone that does not even know Saban is still the coach at Bama, and signed an 8 year extension; is offering an opinion on SEC football???

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Texas and Oklahoma want to join the SEC; may be a done deal??
Big $$$

Not so much. This sounds more like dreams swimming in fans' heads than actual reality

The SEC still remembers the antics Texas pulled off the last time the SEC raided the Big 12, pulling Texas A&M and Missouri away.

The SEC wanted both Texas and Texas A&M. Texas went prima donna, demanding all kinds of special conditions in exchange to access to "their" Texas market. The SEC said, "Thanks, but no thanks!", took Texas A&M and Missouri, and left the deal on the table. Texas then went further and snubbed Texas A&M, cancelling their annual duel, for accepting a better offer. Yet, Texas A&M has only gotten better recruiting through the years. Mighty Texas has faltered, until they recently got Nick Saban as their head coach.

Texas A&M has had mediocre teams, for the most part, but the talent they draw plays against the best teams in the nation, with respect to the top 3 sports.

Texas has sported some equally mediocre teams, because the Big 12 really has become "Texas/OU+ the others" - like the ancient SWC used to be. That said, Texas talent doesn't play among the best teams nationally until the end of the season. The SEC sports several national contenders every year.

Texas A&M hasn't missed the Big 12 nor Texas, and we've increased our recruiting.

I know this may step on some toes here, but this ol' Ag isn't seeing the Texas market changing any time soon.

Texas didn’t get Nick Saban as head Coach. They hired his Offensive Coordinator. .

Good grief; someone that does not even know Saban is still the coach at Bama, and signed an 8 year extension; is offering an opinion on SEC football???

I’m guessing it was a typo

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
As a Hog fan I hope they let them both in. We still would rather play and hate Texas than anyone in the SEC. We could learn to Hate the Sooner too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[bleep] Texas, [bleep] Oklahoma, and [bleep] the SEC

Sam......

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
[bleep] Texas, [bleep] Oklahoma, and [bleep] the SEC

Says the man licker 🤣

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yesterday, I didn't think the SEC would vote them in. Today I read an article and it gave the impression it was a done deal.

I do know that back in 2010ish or so, that the SEC wanted Tx A&M and Tx., but Tx wanted this and that, so the SEC took Mo. instead. Now I believe Tx realizes that they made a mistake.

Just have to wait and see.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

290 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 2five7, 37 invisible), 2,721 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,617
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.