Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by 1911a1
Trivia: What does the abbreviation ZEBCO stand for?

Zero Hour Bomb Company. WWII maker of things that go boom. After the war was concluded the company found themself with a buttload of stored metal previously destined for bombs. They asked themselves "well, whadda we gonna do with all this metal?" After scratching their heads they thought "Well.....lets make fishing reels!"

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
BP-B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Zebco cardinal spinning reels, favorites, still using

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i agree. there are folks on here that post nothing but doom and gloom and easily discounted or twisted stories. i don't understand why they do that other than they have alienated themselves from everyone in real life due to their miserable f-ucken attitudes. in all seriousness, i can see why some folks leave this forum.

My diploma is a DD214
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Yup started with a cane pole, than a 202, 404, 33 but really loved the Johnson century! Last year I found a nice glass rod with cork handle, and bought a old Johnson, off eBay, my wife has taken it over, says it's hers now!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by johnw
Looking at the "Hunter's Campfire" forum I gotta think that at least a few of the regular posters here are somehow gripped with fear, and locked onto one or more news feeds waiting for the "other shoe to drop"...

Wonder if they ever take a walk along the river, or pick up their binoculars and watch some local birds. Do they have a lawn chair where they can sit and watch the night sky? Ever grab a zebco and pull some bluegills from a pond?

I don't like a lot of things that are going on in the world of today. I pray. I vote. I donate some money to various political causes and court actions.

But I don't obsess over what is wrong til it's the only thing that anyone knows me for
Or so I hope...

I believe you are referring to the 3-4 resident Chicken Little news link hit and run posters.

Slap up a link about the latest pending doom.

tHe iDicTmEnTS aRE aBOUt to HaPPen !!

siDnEY PoWEll
JadE hELm
UnLEasH tHE krAKen
LiN w00D

JFC, and never post any hunting pictures, never talk about hunting, fishing, shooting, reloading, camping, knives, ....nothing

They won’t hit this thread.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
Looking at the "Hunter's Campfire" forum I gotta think that at least a few of the regular posters here are somehow gripped with fear, and locked onto one or more news feeds waiting for the "other shoe to drop"...

Wonder if they ever take a walk along the river, or pick up their binoculars and watch some local birds. Do they have a lawn chair where they can sit and watch the night sky? Ever grab a zebco and pull some bluegills from a pond?

I don't like a lot of things that are going on in the world of today. I pray. I vote. I donate some money to various political causes and court actions.

But I don't obsess over what is wrong til it's the only thing that anyone knows me for
Or so I hope...

I believe you are referring to the 3-4 resident Chicken Little news link hit and run posters.

Slap up a link about the latest pending doom.

tHe iDicTmEnTS aRE aBOUt to HaPPen !!

siDnEY PoWEll
JadE hELm
UnLEasH tHE krAKen
LiN w00D

JFC, and never post any hunting pictures, never talk about hunting, fishing, shooting, reloading, camping, knives, ....nothing

They won’t hit this thread.

You left out the sodomites, JFC….. the homo’s have feelings too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Or so I hope...

Easy for you to say. Your boat hasn't broken down yet.😉😀

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Speaking of old fishing reels , I was at m moms house and she said " throw those old things away. " No mom, it's dads old Mitchell 300. It hardly works but I am not throwing it way. Likely made in the United States too.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My grandparents lived at a place called Hide-A-Way Lake outside of Lindale, Texas. They built a house right on the middle lake in about 1973-74. We used Zebco 202’s exclusively, and we got em’ at a big Gibson’s that was on the way to Tyler, Texas. That was a great store.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Nollij
1954, the original 33 sold for $19.50. The timeline below is cool. The "33" was part of growing up and learning how to fish.

Zebco timeline

That's almost $200 today.

I thought remembered mowing enough lawns in 4th grade to buy mine for $8 about '50. I guess it was before the 33.

The Savage break over 30-30 was $37 iirc.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/23/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by jaguartx
My Babe loves me. Shes a real deer.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I remember that spot!

When do you want to go again?

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Catfish gear

If I could just keep the knuckleheads from trying to retrieve every cast, and eating my catfish pellets. 🤦‍♂️😃

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Or so I hope...

A guy does what he has to.

First, I don't watch the news. All news is BS and propaganda in my opinion. I know for a fact that if anything important happens, I'll hear it. No doubt.

I keep to myself and take care of things at home. Vote and be active in local elections. They may be the only layer of defense you have from the insanity.

Support and donate directly to candidates you feel will do a good job.

Enjoy your life and freedoms you still have, whether it's hunting, fishing, shooting, or whatever.

Support those who support you. Don't support those who don't whenever possible. Vote with your wallet.

That is another thing i dont trust about the vax. MSM wants us to get it. When were they last right about anything but the weather, Barry.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Use a zebco omega for channel cat.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
1954, the original 33 sold for $19.50. The timeline below is cool. The "33" was part of growing up and learning how to fish.

Zebco timeline

I thought remembered mowing enough lawns in 4th grade to buy mine for $8 about '50. I guess it was before the 33.

I don’t remember paying that much for a Zebco 33 in about 1971, Doc. Seems like they were only about $15 dollars or less in 1971, IIRC. I mowed lawns to pay for mine too. That price of $19.59 in 1954 sounds WAY off base to me.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/23/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Zebco timeline

I don’t remember paying that much for a Zebco 33 in about 1971, Doc. Seems like they were only about $15 dollars or less in 1971, IIRC. I mowed lawns to pay for mine too. That price of $19.59 in 1954 sounds WAY off base to me.

I thought it seemed a bit steep myself. Maybe that was the MSRP or something along those lines back then.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

Had to go look in the garage, I knew I had some old zebcos, this is just two... I caught a bunch of fish on the 202s growing up and then the 33 when I was older. Still have some of the old poles and reels around.

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was in the walmart bout 30 years ago, was a Mennonite in there slapping a Zebro reel in Lay-A-Way.

It was $7. I remember it precisely. Why would anyone put $7 purchase on the lay back plan.
Guess he didnt want to spoil himself all at once.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
A Zebco for Zeb.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not to take away from the topic

But my Century brand, Country Mile reels used to my better reels for panfish.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
452 members (300jimmy, 222Sako, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 39 invisible), 2,443 guests, and 1,036 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,932
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.