Hop To
Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by 1100RemingtonMan
Well I have a early 1980’s Weaver 3x9 40mm with Micro track and I have shot a Beaver at night with no light in a cornfield and when I went to go retrieve it I tripped on it as it was that dark. Held zero for years in Weaver mounts never had a problem. I think all this talk is 99% BS as most quality scopes will suffice for Big Game hunting 30minutes before sunrise and 30m after sunset.
Yes just this year I put on a on my Rifle thinking 40 years is a long time for a scope. Is my new scope better time will tell how it holds up.

This alone makes you a somnabitch, your glass comparison notwithstanding.

LOL

🦫

I read this and laughed my ass off

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bugger
My eye sight isn't 20-20 anymore. My eye doctor says he could get rid of the cloudiness, but I'd have to stop shooting while the artificial lenses settled in.

After cataract lens replacement, Doc said to hold off shooting for 3 days. Was worth having the cloudiness disappear...

Last edited by battue; 07/23/21.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DingoDuk
Well I have a early 1980’s Weaver 3x9 40mm with Micro track and I have shot a Beaver at night with no light in a cornfield and when I went to go retrieve it I tripped on it as it was that dark. Held zero for years in Weaver mounts never had a problem. I think all this talk is 99% BS as most quality scopes will suffice for Big Game hunting 30minutes before sunrise and 30m after sunset.
Yes just this year I put on a on my Rifle thinking 40 years is a long time for a scope. Is my new scope better time will tell how it holds up.

This alone makes you a somnabitch, your glass comparison notwithstanding.

LOL

🦫

I read this and laughed my ass off

I've shot many a beaver at night, no scope and even with my glasses off. Almost as easy as falling out of bed.

God Bless America
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It was a little obvious that the core group of defenders of mechanics over glass in scopes were absent from this thread for the most part.

Paging....JORDAN ! 😬

🦫

PS

I figure the guys who run dials, also know how to read, and can comprehend what they read...They saw nothing here worth chatting about, because this wasn’t about glass over dialing, just a straightforward glass quality in a scope question.

There’s room in hunting for everyone to own, use, and be successful hunting with whatever they feel will work for them in their necks of the wilderness.

Hah, you got that right, Beav!

If we're talking about sacrificing mechanics (holding zero, tracking, etc.) to get a marginal increase in optical performance, then it becomes a different conversation! A simple discussion about each person's choice of where to land on the sliding scale of optical quality is just that, simple. Depending on what a guy uses his scope for, and what he wants to do, non-alpha glass is perfectly fine until it isn't.

For what I do, sub-alpha glass is perfectly fine in my riflescopes.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Tripping on beaver in a corn field... sounds like high school.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You snobs can have all the alpha glass you want. I get by just fine with my omega stuff.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
You snobs can have all the alpha glass you want. I get by just fine with my omega stuff.

You never miss a chance to live up to your avatar do ya Paul.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Paul, when you were riding competitively, how much was your bicycle?

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Springcove
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Originally Posted by Springcove
Beaver does so much for the fire. I would like to reward him with an 18 pack of Keystone Lite and a bottle of Boones Farm…

Shoot me a PM and it’s on its way.

Beav got classy, he wants the Busch Apple beer instead

Coot Addict and SringCover have zero taste in beer 🍺

Facts matter !

🤣🦫

Ok how about Schlitz malt liquor? Or perhaps Mickey’s Big Mouths

Mickey’s...Heck yeah !

Drinking em till you puke.

👍🏼👊🏽🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston

Tripping on beaver in a corn field... sounds like high school.

More like a killer... 😜🤣🦫

“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Paul, when you were riding competitively, how much was your bicycle?

🦫

It was pretty much omega. I didn't compete for very long and I was just pretty good. I won one race and had several podiums from 94ish-96. My post was a joke BTW. If I had any need for really good stuff I'd buy it. I have been wishing for a better spotter while I have been in CO.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
So I think we’ve decided, if you can’t kill it with a 6X36 or SS 3-9 it doesn’t need killing.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Forgot, and a Burris once in awhile.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SLM
So I think we’ve decided, if you can’t kill it with a 6X36 or SS 3-9 it doesn’t need killing.

Pretty much, but don’t forget the iron sights fanboys, who don’t need no stinking glass to kill shît.

😬🦫

“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’d agree with SLM. Those two aren’t too bad in 95% of the place I hunt.

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That’s because you rarely shoot your rifles and never kill anything anyways……..

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It rates pretty low on the “killin scale”… Binos are way more important.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
It was a little obvious that the core group of defenders of mechanics over glass in scopes were absent from this thread for the most part.

Paging....JORDAN ! 😬

🦫

PS

I figure the guys who run dials, also know how to read, and can comprehend what they read...They saw nothing here worth chatting about, because this wasn’t about glass over dialing, just a straightforward glass quality in a scope question.

There’s room in hunting for everyone to own, use, and be successful hunting with whatever they feel will work for them in their necks of the wilderness.

Hah, you got that right, Beav!

If we're talking about sacrificing mechanics (holding zero, tracking, etc.) to get a marginal increase in optical performance, then it becomes a different conversation! A simple discussion about each person's choice of where to land on the sliding scale of optical quality is just that, simple. Depending on what a guy uses his scope for, and what he wants to do, non-alpha glass is perfectly fine until it isn't.

For what I do, sub-alpha glass is perfectly fine in my riflescopes.

Just a little question Jordan, as you know I have pards and hunt Alberta as well, just how much hunting do you get to do yearly? I know/think whitetail tags are yearly, Muleys are hard to draw, and moose are even harder than that to draw. Are you hunting other provinces? Thanks

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SLM

Pretty much, but don’t forget the iron sights fanboys, who don’t need no stinking glass to kill shît.

😬🦫

You pussies use rifles??

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

laissez les bons temps rouler
Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (2ndwind, aaronward9, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 30 invisible), 1,972 guests, and 1,024 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,493
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.