BP-B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by funshooter
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by antlers
If I get out that way, and if it’s cool enough, I wanna sit right there and drink a beer at that fire pit.

You got it.......

I'm buying.......Bud Lite........

T/storms have brought evening temps down...

Manti Range got hammered yesterday....the Swell too.........

Unusual monsoon pattern this summer....high pressure moved east

Storms come up from AZ.......

I'm just north of CR NP

This Storm system swept threw Our Community in Arizona and washed out 4 roads.
One of the video clips our Board of directors sent us was over 60 ft wide who knows how deep.
Our Volunteers jumped on it with in hours of the storm moving out and fixed 1 major road so people and contractors could get out.
The Storm swept threw again with in 24 hour and took their work out.
They were back on it hours after that one past and they are fixing the roads every day until they get them fixed.
Our Board of Directors are having meetings on how and where to do permanent improvements like Culverts , Drainage and Spill Walls to slow the damage down when systems like this run threw our Community.
I happily pay the fee and I am a year ahead on that payment.
With out the POA I would not be able to get in and out of my property
Our Board only doe Road stuff nothing about our personal property's.
There have been some members of our Community that want to rule everyone and everything they do.
I fight them and so do others. Nazi's are everywhere you just need to fight them.

Being dependent sucks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I pay $130 a year, which goes for snow removal and just this year, resurfacing the road. Ours is very low-key, and have next to zero authority. I had my deck design approved this year because the builder and county insisted, but that’s the only time in 31 years I’ve had to deal with them.

OTOH, the one where my father lived was a PITA. Tried to buffalo me into removing some trees because one neighbor didn’t like them, not because of any compliance problem. They backed down once they saw I wasn’t gonna play ball. I hate weasels.

What fresh Hell is this?
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
My home is on a lot of land so "no."

My condo has a lot of common areas etc., so yes there's a HOA. The rules make sense and the board is very understanding.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I've been the President of our little HOA for 17 years now.

It's a job nobody here wants, but someone needs to collect money and coordinate road maintenance. That's me, and that's all I do with it.

I recently called a meeting (last one was 15 years ago) to elect new officers, as I was running it all myself, and thought it bad not to have another name on the bank account....just in case.

Anyhoo, only two folks showed up for the meeting, out of about 40 or 50 people who own homes here.

I don't make it another layer of government though. If someone has a problem with a neighbor or whatnot, I tell them it's not a community problem. You need to sort it out yourself, or call the Sheriff.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
We use the HTRA around here, Hit The Road Arsehole..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
20+ years ago I chose a gun-friendly state and a job that would pay me to live here.... I let my wife, my mother and my kids choose the house, they wanted it to be larger and newer which meant.... HOA.

I would have very much preferred no HOA, no CCRs.... if I could get rid of them I would.... someday, probably when I retire, I might move... that will be a traumatic event for me (anyone who's seen my hobby room knows why)....

on the theory that one should keep one's friends close.... and one's enemies closer.... I volunteered to serve on the HOA board....

.... this year, I find it humorously ironic that I am the president of both my HOA and my Ham Radio Club!

Poole

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
“Conservative” is a relative term apparently?
SMHLMAO…

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We are in one in Mn, very low key. No subaru, did trade the 4runner on a gx460 lexus

T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by chris_c
We are in one in Mn, very low key. No subaru, did trade the 4runner on a gx460 lexus

good deal.....

Lexus GX 460 is the 4Runner on steriods and then some

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by jackmountain
If I get out that way, and if it’s cool enough, I wanna sit right there and drink a beer at that fire pit.

You got it.......

I'm just north of CR NP

One of the video clips our Board of directors sent us was over 60 ft wide who knows how deep.
Our Volunteers jumped on it with in hours of the storm moving out and fixed 1 major road so people and contractors could get out.
They were back on it hours after that one past and they are fixing the roads every day until they get them fixed.
Our Board of Directors are having meetings on how and where to do permanent improvements like Culverts , Drainage and Spill Walls to slow the damage down when systems like this run threw our Community.
There have been some members of our Community that want to rule everyone and everything they do.
I fight them and so do others. Nazi's are everywhere you just need to fight them.

Being dependent sucks.

I have a 9 1/2 mile of hills and curves to drive to get away from everyone.
When I go to my property i hear maybe 3 vehicles in 3 weeks.
You call me paying my POA dependency.
I have a small tractor I guess I could box blade the road myself every time I go up there. That 9 1/2 miles of road would probably take me a week or two to make it passable if no one up there did it for me.
I gladly pay the Dues.
I do not consider it dependence.
I also have a 1 ton 4 X 4 I pull a Gooseneck with to get supply's up to my property to build my place up.
It would sure Suck to have to fix the road in areas every time I went up there.
I will be going up in a week or so and those roads will be open for me not to waste any time on for my own projects.
People are Dependent on the Gooberment for Road Maintenance. Our Community does not pay the Gooberment so we pay to Maintain it our selves.
I feel better paying our POA rather than Paying some Gooberment Bureaucracy that tells me what I can put out on the road and what I can not put out on the road.
Dependency is a frame of mind and who you are really dependent on. I choose as you say to be dependent on a small POA rather than dependent on a big Gooberment.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I'll bet Conrad & Olson are the first to respond............

I live in town.
(drive the dirtiest pickup in my hood though)

Closest HOA is probably 100 miles away.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jackmountain

You got it.......

I'm just north of CR NP

Being dependent sucks.

I have a 9 1/2 mile of hills and curves to drive to get away from everyone.
When I go to my property i hear maybe 3 vehicles in 3 weeks.
You call me paying my POA dependency.
I have a small tractor I guess I could box blade the road myself every time I go up there. That 9 1/2 miles of road would probably take me a week or two to make it passable if no one up there did it for me.
I gladly pay the Dues.
I do not consider it dependence.
I also have a 1 ton 4 X 4 I pull a Gooseneck with to get supply's up to my property to build my place up.
It would sure Suck to have to fix the road in areas every time I went up there.
I will be going up in a week or so and those roads will be open for me not to waste any time on for my own projects.
People are Dependent on the Gooberment for Road Maintenance. Our Community does not pay the Gooberment so we pay to Maintain it our selves.
I feel better paying our POA rather than Paying some Gooberment Bureaucracy that tells me what I can put out on the road and what I can not put out on the road.
Dependency is a frame of mind and who you are really dependent on. I choose as you say to be dependent on a small POA rather than dependent on a big Gooberment.

You defined dependent BTW.

You couldn't access your property unless everyone else chipped in........

MAGA
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
If I were stuck in suburbia hell, then I probably might to have a halfway decent neighborhood maybe?

That's a big maybe.

But no and fugk no so far. I don't need some dried up cat lady khundt deciding what color I can paint my kids bedrooms, or whether I can change the oil in my driveway, or or or or.

Not all are urban or even suburban.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Can you pee off the porch if you live where there's HOAs?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chris_c

good deal.....

Lexus GX 460 is the 4Runner on steriods and then some

Yup found a 2018 21000 miles good deal. Thanks for the info

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
If I were stuck in suburbia hell, then I probably might to have a halfway decent neighborhood maybe?

That's a big maybe.

But no and fugk no so far. I don't need some dried up cat lady khundt deciding what color I can paint my kids bedrooms, or whether I can change the oil in my driveway, or or or or.

I know. But that's the only reason I can wrap my head around for it.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m an native and original plank owner in my area before a group of developers established an no teeth, no bite, HOA.

I told them to jam their paperwork when they tried tell me I needed to sign it. The local attorney - resident was pissed. I still torture that dick bag, whenever I feel boredom setting in upon me.

New home owners sign their agreement, then wonder out loud, why I am doing things that are against the HOA rules ?

It’s always a super fun day for Beave, when I get to tell a new resident, I’m not part of the pay to live here plan.

🦫

PS

Enjoy my burn barrel, mthrfkr’s 🤣

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Can you pee off the porch if you live where there's HOAs?

I do.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

That's a big maybe.

I know. But that's the only reason I can wrap my head around for it.

Some are exactly as you described, Gruff.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
261 members (1lessdog, 257 mag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 10Glocks, 22 invisible), 1,751 guests, and 912 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,943
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.