Print Thread
Hop To
O
OSU_Sig Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
I have a small amount of once fired Remington Premier and Active hulls, both brands are 20 gauge, that I would like to reload. Can these be loaded using AA recipes or is there a need to use one specified to each of them?
Thanks in advance.

Also: I've not loaded shotgun shells in years so I'm likely to be a bit rusty on things.

thanks,

Clifford

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
20 ga Premiers load using same data as current Remington STS and Gunclub hulls. They are great hulls. They take a tapered hull type wad, ie, whatever would work in a Remington hull or CF AA.

Last time I loaded Activs was now 40 years ago. IIRC, they tended to have sunken crimps when I used recipes for AAs and Remington Premiers.

O
OSU_Sig Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Yeah, there was something about loading Activ hulls that was different. I’ll do some reading to see if it jumps out to me.
Found lots of shot today. Bought shot, wads and primers. A good day, indeed.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I had at 1 time about 300 2 3/4" 12 ga active hulls. They have a very low base wad, the best use for them was with Ballistic Products steel shot loads using Steel powder, bp wads, 1 1/8 oz zinc plated #3's. Pounded ducks and snows over decoys. The tapered hull 20's need a AA style long skirt over powder wad to be at their best. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I have a small amount of once fired Remington Premier and Active hulls, both brands are 20 gauge, that I would like to reload. Can these be loaded using AA recipes or is there a need to use one specified to each of them?
Thanks in advance.

Also: I've not loaded shotgun shells in years so I'm likely to be a bit rusty on things.

thanks,

Clifford

Cliff,

i load Win AA's and Remington gun clubs in 20 gauge, the 20 gauge Rem gun clubs crimp beautifully I load for
my grandson.

I got plenty of 20 gauge gun clubs........ you need any?

Greg

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Thanks in advance.

thanks,

Clifford

Cliff,

i load Win AA's and Remington gun clubs in 20 gauge, the 20 gauge Rem gun clubs crimp beautifully I load for
my grandson.

Greg

O
OSU_Sig Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Sam_H
20 ga Premiers load using same data as current Remington STS and Gunclub hulls. They are great hulls. They take a tapered hull type wad, ie, whatever would work in a Remington hull or CF AA.

Last time I loaded Activs was now 40 years ago. IIRC, they tended to have sunken crimps when I used recipes for AAs and Remington Premiers.

Thanks Sam. That's what I remembered about Activ hulls, was their sunken crimp.

O
OSU_Sig Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
Thanks in advance.

thanks,

Clifford

Cliff,

my grandson.

Greg

Thanks Greg. I may but I'll load up what I have before I reach out to you.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10ring1, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,283 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,247
Posts18,466,921
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.