Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 23 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 22 23
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Beaver10
It was a little obvious that the core group of defenders of mechanics over glass in scopes were absent from this thread for the most part.

Paging....JORDAN ! šŸ˜¬

šŸ¦«

PS

I figure the guys who run dials, also know how to read, and can comprehend what they read...They saw nothing here worth chatting about, because this wasnā€™t about glass over dialing, just a straightforward glass quality in a scope question.

Thereā€™s room in hunting for everyone to own, use, and be successful hunting with whatever they feel will work for them in their necks of the wilderness.

Hah, you got that right, Beav!

If we're talking about sacrificing mechanics (holding zero, tracking, etc.) to get a marginal increase in optical performance, then it becomes a different conversation! A simple discussion about each person's choice of where to land on the sliding scale of optical quality is just that, simple. Depending on what a guy uses his scope for, and what he wants to do, non-alpha glass is perfectly fine until it isn't.

For what I do, sub-alpha glass is perfectly fine in my riflescopes.

Just a little question Jordan, as you know I have pards and hunt Alberta as well, just how much hunting do you get to do yearly? I know/think whitetail tags are yearly, Muleys are hard to draw, and moose are even harder than that to draw. Are you hunting other provinces? Thanks

Absolutely do NOT answer that question Jordan. We donā€™t need hordes more peeps moving here.

šŸ¤Ŗ

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I need to put you on ignore.....I'm probably going to end up ordering one of those like a grade school kid ordering x-ray glasses.....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Wrongside
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
It was a little obvious that the core group of defenders of mechanics over glass in scopes were absent from this thread for the most part.

Paging....JORDAN ! šŸ˜¬

šŸ¦«

PS

I figure the guys who run dials, also know how to read, and can comprehend what they read...They saw nothing here worth chatting about, because this wasnā€™t about glass over dialing, just a straightforward glass quality in a scope question.

Thereā€™s room in hunting for everyone to own, use, and be successful hunting with whatever they feel will work for them in their necks of the wilderness.

Hah, you got that right, Beav!

If we're talking about sacrificing mechanics (holding zero, tracking, etc.) to get a marginal increase in optical performance, then it becomes a different conversation! A simple discussion about each person's choice of where to land on the sliding scale of optical quality is just that, simple. Depending on what a guy uses his scope for, and what he wants to do, non-alpha glass is perfectly fine until it isn't.

For what I do, sub-alpha glass is perfectly fine in my riflescopes.

Just a little question Jordan, as you know I have pards and hunt Alberta as well, just how much hunting do you get to do yearly? I know/think whitetail tags are yearly, Muleys are hard to draw, and moose are even harder than that to draw. Are you hunting other provinces? Thanks

Absolutely do NOT answer that question Jordan. We donā€™t need hordes more peeps moving here.

šŸ¤Ŗ

I realize there are more opportunities, does he take advantage of them though?

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, Iā€™d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ainā€™t easy havin pals.
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
In most instances how I hunt, Iā€™d agree.

It rates pretty low on the ā€œkillin scaleā€ā€¦ Binos are way more important.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

I need to put you on ignore.....I'm probably going to end up ordering one of those like a grade school kid ordering x-ray glasses.....

Iā€™m thinking a mechanical broadhead would be the ticket in #40lb pull.

šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ¦«

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
ā€œMolon Labeā€
IC B2

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Only to not embarrass the masses.

Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by SLM
So I think weā€™ve decided, if you canā€™t kill it with a 6X36 or SS 3-9 it doesnā€™t need killing.

Pretty much, but donā€™t forget the iron sights fanboys, who donā€™t need no stinking glass to kill shĆ®t.

šŸ˜¬šŸ¦«

You pussies use rifles??

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
A mechanical?

You nuts? Everyone knows a mechanical is inferior to a fixed.

šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ¦«

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SLM
A mechanical?

šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ¦«

But, but, those have exposed razor edges that look scary.

Laffin

šŸ¦«

ā€œMolon Labeā€
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

šŸ˜€

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SLM
A mechanical?

šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ¦«

Laffin

šŸ¦«

Rage broadheads are ā€œAlphaā€ā€¦.

IC B3

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Only losers that canā€™t tune fixed shoot mechanicals.

Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by SLM
A mechanical?

šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ¦«

Laffin

šŸ¦«

Rage broadheads are ā€œAlphaā€ā€¦.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Myself, I use succinylcholine tipped. Paralyze them, and then if the ground shrinkage is too great, I let them wake up and go on their way..

If not, slit their throats.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
So am Iā€™m suppose to feel guilt because all the critters I have killed have been with Nikon, Bushnell, Bausch & Laum, Sightron and my one and only Leupold? There also maybe a Tasko or Simmons on one of my 22s. I apologize to anyone I have offended for using such inferior glass.

I also apologize for not using spellcheckā€¦

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Campfire guilt can only be removed by a personal confession with Happy Camper.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Until Iā€™m able to beat an elk to death with my binoculars - I will use pretty good glass in my scopes.

šŸ˜¬
šŸ¦«

ā€œMolon Labeā€
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No guilt trip there Springcove. We all buy what we want. The way I look at it, I haven't missed a hunting season in a very long time and think about it even when I can't be. I've worked my entire life to be able to afford what I want when I want and can't stand the idea of missing a rare shot opportunity because I've economized on part of my hunting kit. I'm reminded of the story a guy a work told me about being able to see a buck in the brush with his normal eyesight, but not being able to pick it out through his economy scope because the brown hide of the deer blended too much with the color of the brown brush it was standing in.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Without a 5 pound Hubble on your rifle you are screwed.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Meopta and Leica are built like a tank, I have no doubt theyā€™d be up to the task.

Until Iā€™m able to beat an elk to death with my binoculars - I will use pretty good glass in my scopes.

šŸ˜¬
šŸ¦«

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Deer are out there all day. You don't have to shoot them in the dark nor do you have to sit on your ass waiting for them to move.

Some of us hunt more than just deer.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I think most posts here are in jest and smart assery, but there is some truth in it all.

Like your guy, I had hell picking up the bear I killed last year in a FFii due to the glare. Would it have been better with alpha glass? Iā€™m guessing probably so.

Originally Posted by Windfall
No guilt trip there Springcove. We all buy what we want. The way I look at it, I haven't missed a hunting season in a very long time and think about it even when I can't be. I've worked my entire life to be able to afford what I want when I want and can't stand the idea of missing a rare shot opportunity because I've economized on part of my hunting kit. I'm reminded of the story a guy a work told me about being able to see a buck in the brush with his normal eyesight, but not being able to pick it out through his economy scope because the brown hide of the deer blended too much with the color of the brown brush it was standing in.

Page 17 of 23 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 6MMWASP, 13 invisible), 1,665 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,660
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.