Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Springcove
You get screwed at least twice. No rental income and then have to pay to evict. Hell yes I would sue them. I’m sure there will more than one class action law suit

You're all over it.. and correct, springcove.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
BP-B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by local_dirt
You get screwed at least twice. No rental income and then have to pay to evict. Hell yes I would sue them. I’m sure there will more than one class action law suit

If people had any idea of what it’s like to evict a tenant under normal circumstances they would keep their mouths shut. It can take months sometimes more. So you as an owner are not getting paid rent but have to pay court costs and attorneys fees if your not doing the eviction yourself. But then you still have to pay someone to prepare the documents. These freeloaders need their asses kicked to the curb.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I hope you do and have success. That is a huge over reach and is complete BS. So the squatters get to live rent free while the owners still have to pay the mortgage.

The millions of COVID inspired lawsuits have not even begun.

99% of the actions taken were flat illegal.

There's really no doubt about the illegal actions that continue to be, & have been taken, but i highly doubt that there will be much rectification of all the wrongs that those actions have caused to happen.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt that many of the courts will allow any real punitive damages to be corrected.

YMMV

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Why haven't you filed yours?

Or, like local dirt, do you mean that you will post about what someone else does?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Why haven't you filed yours?

Or, like local dirt, do you mean that you will post about what someone else does?

I don’t have a business that was affected.

But you probably can’t grasp that because you’re a fugking idiot.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You must be stupid.

No, but I imagine it seems that way to boomers due to their damaged understanding of reality.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You must be stupid.

No, but I imagine it seems that way to boomers due to their damaged understanding of reality.

Yep.

Still stupid.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A while back we discussed a specific case in CA where people bought a $900k house, paying cash. After the papers were signed, the sellers used non-eviction laws and didn't move out. They paid no rent but had the sale price in their pockets. The buyers couldn't do anything about it. I don't know what the current status is.

Sellers vacated awhile ago. Pushed it right to the legal edge then bailed.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Thank you for self-identifying as a cheerleader.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Sue the CDC.

You stupid fugk.

LOL

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Sue the CDC.

You stupid fugk.

LOL

Flave, some dumb fugks just cannot be anything but a dumb fugk. Blathering about something they know nothing about.

About equivalent to If I were getting on here and blathering about casting bullets. Something I know absolutely nothing about.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Good luck.

Can't wait to sue them. Classic case of transfer of assets and appropriation.

link to story

BY JACK PHILLIPS July 23, 2021

A federal court on Friday ruled that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) overstepped its authority by halting evictions during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Cincinnati-based U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals unanimously agreed (pdf) with a lower court ruling that said the CDC engaged in federal overreach with the eviction moratorium, which the agency has consistently extended for months. Several weeks ago, the CDC announced it would allow the policy, which was passed into law by Congress, to expire at the end of July.

“It is not our job as judges to make legislative rules that favor one side or another,” the judges wrote. “But nor should it be the job of bureaucrats embedded in the executive branch. While landlords and tenants likely disagree on much, there is one thing both deserve: for their problems to be resolved by their elected representatives.”

The ruling upheld one handed down by U.S. District Judge Mark Norris, who in March blocked enforcement of the moratorium throughout western Tennessee.

Under the moratorium, tenants who have lost income during the pandemic can declare under penalty of perjury that they’ve made their best effort to pay rent on time. The CDC claimed the measure was necessary to prevent people from having to enter overcrowded conditions if they were evicted, which would, according to the agency, impact public health.

Previously, the CDC’s lawyers argued in court filings that Congress authorized the eviction freeze as part of its COVID-19 relief legislation, while simultaneously asserting that the moratorium was within its authority. Those arguments were rejected by the three-panel appeals court on Friday.

Epoch Times Photo
Demonstrators call for a rent strike during the COVID-19 pandemic as they pass City Hall in Los Angeles, Calif., on May 1, 2020. (Frederic J. Brown/AFP via Getty Images)
“What’s the difference between executive-branch experts and congressional ones? Executive-branch experts make regulations; congressional experts make recommendations,” the appeals court wrote. “Congressional bureaucracy leaves the law-making power with the people’s representatives—right where the Founders put it.”

But last month, the Supreme Court in a 5-4 decision rejected a different plea by landlords to end the ban on evictions.

Justice Brett Kavanaugh had written in an opinion (pdf) that while he believes that the CDC had exceeded its authority by implementing the moratorium, he voted against ending it because the policy is set to expire July 31.

“Those few weeks,” he wrote, “will allow for additional and more orderly distribution” of the funds that Congress has appropriated to provide rental assistance to those in need because of the pandemic.

The CDC moratorium has faced pushback from property owners as well as the National Association of Realtors.

“Landlords have been losing over $13 billion every month under the moratorium, and the total effect of the CDC’s overreach may reach up to $200 billion if it remains in effect for a year,” said the organization in an emergency petition to the Supreme Court.

It’s not clear if the CDC’s attorneys will appeal the ruling. The Epoch Times has requested a comment from the agency.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka
Good luck.

Can't wait to sue them. Classic case of transfer of assets and appropriation.

link to story

BY JACK PHILLIPS July 23, 2021

A federal court on Friday ruled that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) overstepped its authority by halting evictions during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Cincinnati-based U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals unanimously agreed (pdf) with a lower court ruling that said the CDC engaged in federal overreach with the eviction moratorium, which the agency has consistently extended for months. Several weeks ago, the CDC announced it would allow the policy, which was passed into law by Congress, to expire at the end of July.

“It is not our job as judges to make legislative rules that favor one side or another,” the judges wrote. “But nor should it be the job of bureaucrats embedded in the executive branch. While landlords and tenants likely disagree on much, there is one thing both deserve: for their problems to be resolved by their elected representatives.”

The ruling upheld one handed down by U.S. District Judge Mark Norris, who in March blocked enforcement of the moratorium throughout western Tennessee.

Under the moratorium, tenants who have lost income during the pandemic can declare under penalty of perjury that they’ve made their best effort to pay rent on time. The CDC claimed the measure was necessary to prevent people from having to enter overcrowded conditions if they were evicted, which would, according to the agency, impact public health.

Previously, the CDC’s lawyers argued in court filings that Congress authorized the eviction freeze as part of its COVID-19 relief legislation, while simultaneously asserting that the moratorium was within its authority. Those arguments were rejected by the three-panel appeals court on Friday.

Epoch Times Photo
Demonstrators call for a rent strike during the COVID-19 pandemic as they pass City Hall in Los Angeles, Calif., on May 1, 2020. (Frederic J. Brown/AFP via Getty Images)
“What’s the difference between executive-branch experts and congressional ones? Executive-branch experts make regulations; congressional experts make recommendations,” the appeals court wrote. “Congressional bureaucracy leaves the law-making power with the people’s representatives—right where the Founders put it.”

But last month, the Supreme Court in a 5-4 decision rejected a different plea by landlords to end the ban on evictions.

Justice Brett Kavanaugh had written in an opinion (pdf) that while he believes that the CDC had exceeded its authority by implementing the moratorium, he voted against ending it because the policy is set to expire July 31.

“Those few weeks,” he wrote, “will allow for additional and more orderly distribution” of the funds that Congress has appropriated to provide rental assistance to those in need because of the pandemic.

The CDC moratorium has faced pushback from property owners as well as the National Association of Realtors.

“Landlords have been losing over $13 billion every month under the moratorium, and the total effect of the CDC’s overreach may reach up to $200 billion if it remains in effect for a year,” said the organization in an emergency petition to the Supreme Court.

It’s not clear if the CDC’s attorneys will appeal the ruling. The Epoch Times has requested a comment from the agency.

Thanks, ribka. The reparations case in Broward County is going well now, after some bumps in the road and administriva mistakes on the .gov side. Miami-Dade taking longer, with more admin screwups. About what I expected. If you lived here, you'd understand that NOTHING is easy, or ever goes as it should in Miami-Dade county.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

And then a lot of those folks will trash the place before they leave "just cause"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Kavanaugh quote makes him look like a dope.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kingston
The Kavanaugh quote makes him look like a dope.

Your initial thoughts on COVID make you look like a retard.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
LMAO

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Finger art, is a dish best served cold.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Finger art, is a dish best served cold.

Remember he said hurtful things about you and embraced The Duck O Douche?

LOL

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
101 members (338reddog, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 12 invisible), 1,390 guests, and 669 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,869
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.