Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Mike70560
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

I quit when i went to college but a few years later I went back abd shot the Leech (iron sight national championship). It's a 20-shot match. I had about 15 shots down with about 13 Vs (the V-ring was 20") when it suddenly occurred to me I might win the match. Well that kind of thinking is no good. The next shot was a 4 and after that i just didn't csre. I fired the rest right in the middle, though.

That was long ago. They quit using the 5V target in 1966.

I have shot 1000 yard matches several times over the years, including the Wimbledon, Leech, and Palma at Perry.

Leaving soon to shoot at Perry, across the course only. The NRA holds the Wimbledon and Leech at Camp Atterbury now.

Yeah it was in 1966. I think they changed to the 10X target right after that. They said the 5V target was too easy. The rings are even tighter for F-class.

There have been a lot of changes since then. One is acoustic targets. They place some microphones near the targets. These register the bullet strike position very accurately and transmit that to a laptop. The laptop calculates the score and plots the group. This eliminates "pit duty" and scoring for another relay. Should speed up the matches a lot.

With the NRA gradually pulling out of Perry for Camp Atterbury, the CMP has taken over the matches more and more.

Good luck at Perry. I don't shoot High Power any more due to arthritis. My club enters a team in the 200-300-600 yard team match plus the rattle battle.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
GB1

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I quit when i went to college but a few years later I went back abd shot the Leech (iron sight national championship). It's a 20-shot match. I had about 15 shots down with about 13 Vs (the V-ring was 20") when it suddenly occurred to me I might win the match. Well that kind of thinking is no good. The next shot was a 4 and after that i just didn't csre. I fired the rest right in the middle, though.

I have shot 1000 yard matches several times over the years, including the Wimbledon, Leech, and Palma at Perry.

Leaving soon to shoot at Perry, across the course only. The NRA holds the Wimbledon and Leech at Camp Atterbury now.

Yeah it was in 1966. I think they changed to the 10X target right after that. They said the 5V target was too easy. The rings are even tighter for F-class.

There have been a lot of changes since then. One is acoustic targets. They place some microphones near the targets. These register the bullet strike position very accurately and transmit that to a laptop. The laptop calculates the score and plots the group. This eliminates "pit duty" and scoring for another relay. Should speed up the matches a lot.

With the NRA gradually pulling out of Perry for Camp Atterbury, the CMP has taken over the matches more and more.

Good luck at Perry. I don't shoot High Power any more due to arthritis. My club enters a team in the 200-300-600 yard team match plus the rattle battle.

Our club has the shot markers you are talking about. Like you said no more pit duty.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

The CMP uses electronic targets on Viale for the CMP 2400 Championship. After that is over they go back to regular targets for the President’s Hundred and so on.

I have my own electronic target for practice, it has saved a lot of time at the range and is great for recording data.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I have shot a few matches with the acoustic targets and really like the immediate feedback. Also, when the other relay is up, it makes being a spectator easier. GD

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (Algotguns, 21, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 8 invisible), 1,420 guests, and 743 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,675
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.