Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
TBear47 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Searching thru one of my gun safes & found wrapped up in plastic a long forgotten Savage 99 in 300 savage take down with a receiver sight mounted. Excellent except for a tiny sliver of wood missing on the top of receiver. No idea when I bought or what I paid. I also have 2 boxes of factory ammo & a bag of unprimed brass. Probably have some bullets somewhere. Have a friend that wants to look at the gun today & possibly buy. If not I plan to do some shooting with this fine old classic. Nice find in my safe.
tbear

GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Initially thought that covered in rust was going to follow found a long forgotten Savage 99 covered in plastic.
Sounds like a nice gun.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would be lying if I said I never found a 99 in my safe that I'd forgotten buying..

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It could be a 99F or a 99G. F is straight grip and usually uncheckered. G has a pistol grip and is checkered..

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

T
TBear47 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Its checkered & has a nice piece of wood. The tiny piece of wood missing on the top of the receiver probably could be repaired with some plastic wood.
Has a rubber butt pad which appears factory.
No rust & bore is good. Believe I will ask about $800 & hope my friend isn't interested.
tbear

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TBear47
Its checkered & has a nice piece of wood. The tiny piece of wood missing on the top of the receiver probably could be repaired with some plastic wood.
Has a rubber butt pad which appears factory.
No rust & bore is good. Believe I will ask about $800 & hope my friend isn't interested.
tbear

Might look factory, but it's almost surely aftermarket.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
????????? Howda ya forget about a firearm, esp a 99? smile Glad yer reacquainted grin

T
TBear47 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Initially thought that covered in rust was going to follow found a long forgotten Savage 99 covered in plastic.
Sounds like a nice gun.

T
TBear47 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Sold today for $800. Not sure if a good price or not but it's out of the safe.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I found a .284 that I forgot I had, hopefully I can get up & about to go shoot paper

IC B3

T
TBear47 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by texken
I found a .284 that I forgot I had, hopefully I can get up & about to go shoot paper

What kind of gun?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
DL Delux

P
P
Hi everyone I'm new to this site and I'm sorry if I'm not doing this right but I'm just trying to find some people who know what they are talking about when it comes to a savage model 1899 rifle and can give me some honest answers pricing and maybe point me where i can get the most for the one my grandmother is selling to help pay for funeral cost for my grandpa who the savage belonged to. She is totally dealing with way to much and I know nothing bout these but what you can find online and it's all over the place. It's in really good condition and the serial number is 183931. If this is not ok posting here like this I'm truly sorry and if you could tell me where and how to post my questions I'd be very greatful

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by PdxMhattershide
Hi everyone I'm new to this site and I'm sorry if I'm not doing this right but I'm just trying to find some people who know what they are talking about when it comes to a savage model 1899 rifle and can give me some honest answers pricing and maybe point me where i can get the most for the one my grandmother is selling to help pay for funeral cost for my grandpa who the savage belonged to. She is totally dealing with way to much and I know nothing bout these but what you can find online and it's all over the place. It's in really good condition and the serial number is 183931. If this is not ok posting here like this I'm truly sorry and if you could tell me where and how to post my questions I'd be very greatful

Looks like it was made in 1916. Not sure of value.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are so many models and configurations and little details that could add or detract from it's value, you will need to post pictures for us to come up with a value that is even close.

Without pictures or at least a very detailed description, it's worth somewhere between 200 and 2000 dollars.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
pictures pictures, if you don't know how to post them on here (like me) reach out to someone and they will help the qualified members here will give you some ideas, caliber of course. Ken

P
P
http://imgur.com/gallery/1UG78ml here's a few I was able to get on imgur thats the only way I could figure out atm

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So it's a 1899 250-3000 first configuration with perch belly stock in a little better than average condition with an after market non factory side mount and a weaver model 330 scope. The extra holes for the side mount detract from it's original condition and thus it's value. Absent a completely shot out bore or nasty tang crack it could still bring a 1000 in this market to right person IMO. But that might be a stretch if you want to turn it into cash quickly.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
C
ctw Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
A nice rifle for sure, do not accept the first offer. Please show a few additional pictures of the mount. It hurts the rifle some but depending on what it is may add.

What you have done is not nearly as important as how you have done it!!!
The Old Fart 2008 A.D.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm sure that somebody here can tell us all about that scope mount, but in this case it doesn't add to the rifles value IMO.

The back sight survived the scope mounting, which ain't a bad thing...

~Admiral Yamamoto~

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

680 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,929 guests, and 1,424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,472
Posts18,451,759
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.