Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
OP Offline
P
My grandmother is looking to sell this to help pay for my grandfather's funeral cost but she is too stressed with everything else and wouldn't know what to even sell it for. I'm trying to help her out and In pretty Good looking things up-and-doing the research Matt comes to pretty much Anything but this is crazy it's all over the place when it comes to price andAnd how many different things can change the price drastically. So I'm posting it now in hopes that someone can understand my situation and help me out with everything that I need to know and the value/selling price and maybe help me with how I can sell it the quickest for the most. I would be truly grateful and I know it would take a great amount of stress off my grandma's shoulders.http://imgur.com/gallery/1UG78ml here is a link to a image account I created with photos the savage 1899 rifle we are selling

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That appears to be a pretty early rifle with a "perch belly" butt stock.
Looks to be in pretty nice condition for a 100+ year old rifle.
The bore condition matters alot.
Unfortunately,
The side mount kills the collector value.
My WAG is
$1500-1800 without the scope mounts extra holes.
And $700-800+ as is if the bore is nice and the stock has no cracks. Maybe a bit more to someone who just wants a vintage lever action hunting rifle. Although the scope is cool, it doesnt have too great of value.
Other more knowledgeable members will be along shortly to offer their opinions.
You may also want to post this in the Savage Collectors Forum here at the fire.
Good luck. Your Grandfather had fine taste in firearms.

Last edited by 06hunter59; 07/24/21. Reason: Addition
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Looks good! But as 06hunter59 noted, the side mount and its holes are a downside.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where do you live? Also, can you get a pic of the rifling?

Thanks. Jim

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 06hunter59
That appears to be a pretty early rifle with a "perch belly" butt stock.
Looks to be in pretty nice condition for a 100+ year old rifle.
The bore condition matters alot.
Unfortunately,
The side mount kills the collector value.
My WAG is
$1500-1800 without the scope mounts extra holes.
And $700-800+ as is if the bore is nice and the stock has no cracks. Maybe a bit more to someone who just wants a vintage lever action hunting rifle. Although the scope is cool, it doesnt have too great of value.
Other more knowledgeable members will be along shortly to offer their opinions.
You may also want to post this in the Savage Collectors Forum here at the fire.
Good luck. Your Grandfather had fine taste in firearms.

This is as close to the truth as there is...

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
IC B2

P
OP Offline
P
I live in Portland or

P
OP Offline
P
What would I need to do TO GET A PICTURW OF THE Rifling for u

P
OP Offline
P
What would I need to do TO GET A PICTURe OF
THE Rifling for u

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your pm box is full sir.

I am going to be in the Portland area soon.

I am very interested. Thanks

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Open the lever, place a light in the chamber and take a pic from the muzzle end.

Thanks. Jim

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
As previously stated, this would be one of the earlier 1899 Deluxe 250-3000s with the perch-belly buttstock and the cross-checked trigger, which brings somewhat of a premium on a collector rifle. Looks to be in real nice shape, but I feel the guys are spot on as to value due to the drilling of the receiver for the scope mount. Would make a hec of a classic hunting rig!!!

"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs".
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pm me please or post a email address

Thanks
John

P
OP Offline
P
Anyone that's Interested in seeing more pictures or wants to talk to me and not through a message I set up a temporary phone number I can be reached at for next few days it's 5038627306 or my email is hattershidemathewgmail.com

P
OP Offline
P
The reason is I don't ever see your messages right away I'm usually at least 45 min late to respond and I know sometimes it's important to respond immediately so yes text ot call or email I will get those right away thanks to everyone for your kindness and willingness to be honest
And taking your time out of ur busy days to help a stranger my grandmother has asked me every hr of the day today if expressed my gratitude for everyone helping and I want you to know ot may seem like a small deed but it was not small to us so thanks

P
OP Offline
P
http://imgur.com/gallery/GsHbCgr angus1895 here are the photos requested and some others too http://imgur.com/gallery/UEDsggv

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the bore pictures.

Jim

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This seems very fishy, just sayin, probably wrong, but my spidy sense says stay away

guns to me are like legal crack
P
OP Offline
P
Can I quote you on that for any future credibility 303savage . You don't even know me or have any reason to assume that but you decide to act like a clown and get attention by saying my spicy senses say stay away this seem very fishy. Why is that in what way I don't know what's fishy that your sensing but it's probably something that I would recommend changing at home if it's that bad you have to get on here and say that stupid [bleep]. Like i just lost my grandfather someone I was close to deeply and my grandma is struggling everyday about to lose it because she honestly doesn't know how to live without him and everyone on here has been so kind and thoughtful helping without a thought and if someone hadn't anonymously paid for his funeral this morning I'd be trying to get you kicked out a here if not banned I don't know if it would work but I would give it everything I had in attempt. Cause I can't stand people who's thoughtless choices can play such a big role sometimr nd affect or hurt people when they have no reason to do I'd appreciate it if you just stay away

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well said.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After reviewing the photos, if the firearm has no cracks in the wood I would agree to buy it for the price you texted me.

Thanks
John

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
264 members (1lessdog, 257 mag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,779 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,943
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.