Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I dont know...
I called SONA and spoke with a nice person who agreed that the bag isnt great and is sending me a nice swaro bag free...

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Mmmmm.... well let me know what shows up. I'm half tempted to call her again and tease that the other fellow who recently got his 7x42B from S******* you're taking care of... why not me too? LOL

-=[Bob]=-
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
because i didnt talk to
her
....i know someone else who i have spoke with in the past who is no longer in "customer service" but actually provides customer service!

Last edited by SAKO75; 08/23/07.

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ah.... contacts. Nothing like 'em smile

Actually I think I'm more of the mind that having Swaro splattered all over the case is an ad to thieves that high value goods are inside. Granted I don't intend to leave mine unattended but those that have raised this issue hit a chord with me. Then again I certainly wouldn't turn down a nice case from SONA smile

I still haven't made a choice but I think the Snug Rug is leading my short list at this point which also includes the Red Oxx and Crooked Horn bino cases as well as a Lowepro pouch.

A guy from Mission TX on another forum has come across a local dealer willing to sell his two new-old-stock 2002 Swarobright treated 7x42 SLCs for .... get this!..... $788 each. Talk about a bargain!!!

-=[Bob]=-
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
No Swaros for me. They have a long term fogging problem that has been with them for many years. The others of the big names don't have that rep. If I'm spending the big bucks, I want it all. E

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Wouldn't expect a different answer from you. SLC's have proven to be a tough bino and furthermore your input is unwarranted as it is just clearly a case of you trying to bash a product you know nothing about. And you wonder why the optics forum turns into a bunch of arguements, this my friend is a perfect case in point!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Eremicus
No Swaros for me. They have a long term fogging problem that has been with them for many years. The others of the big names don't have that rep. If I'm spending the big bucks, I want it all. E

I am in a no BS mood today, so E I am call a big time bull ship on this!!!

You gotta be in desperate need of a C Store run for some munchies, as you gotta be smoking some really good stuff to say something like this!

Dober

Last edited by Mark R Dobrenski; 08/24/07.

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I'm fairly new around here and have tried to stay away from the flame wars. But this post strikes me as a pure waste of bandwidth as it adds absolutely nothing to the discussion. Further not all that long ago this same comment of yours was debunked with input from Barsness. Why you continue to perpetuate this erroneous generalization is beyond me. Perhaps you have a PhD in s**t disturbing and simply enjoy stirring the pot. I don't know but one would think there are much more productive pursuits in life.

--Bob

-=[Bob]=-
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I have to agree with the others, i`ve had my (old) 7`s for nearly 8 years now they get used nearly every day, hell in 04 my records tell me i used them for 163 days straight, they have been sat on, dropped from hands and high seats, bounced around the dash of a land rover and slept on by labs and cockers and the kids play with them! its no coincidence that i have 4 other pairs, all my own and all the other pairs that i know of have NEVER fogged and YES the cust service is tops.

Canada by choice, British by Blood

People think there's a rigid class system here, but dukes have been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.

HRH Prince Phillip

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Say what you want guys. I've got an old B&L Zephur that has never fogged either. I've been using hard it since 1958. It is not and never has been waterproof.
So, believe what you will. I see no point in buying something with that well documented rep when, for the same money, I can have either a Zeiss or a Leica in the same 7X42 size. E

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had my 7x42mm SLC's for about 12, maybe 15 years now, and never had a problem with them..They are an extremely popular bino in the UK that has a very good reputation. So yet more bullshit from E. Remember this is the guy who thought Leupold used "real diamonds" in their lens coating...

Personally, I would'nt value his opinion on the glass that pickle jars are made of..

Last edited by Pete E; 08/25/07.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Keep it to yourself if your sole purpose is just to flame a thread, clearly the case here.

BTW, 7x42 SLC's can now be had for 800-900 bucks tell me where you can find an FL or Leica for that much money brand new? That's right you can't, and furthermore the SLC has a well documented history for being a tough bino, ask JB.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Gentlemen, this flap over wether or not the Swaro binos have a long term fogging issue is not nearly as big a deal as many make it. Nor is the solution to this potential problem "keeping it to yourself."
If your binocular has the potential to fog, it is pretty easy to diagnois. Simply dunk it in 140 degree, warm water for a few minutes. If it leaks, you have a potential problem. Simply box it up and ship it to Swarovski with a note saying the bino has fogging issues. Their service is excellent. They will make it as good as new. If it doesn't leak, then you have no potential problem. Frankly, I'm surprised that someone else didn't think of this. E

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gentlemen, this flap over wether or not the Swaro binos have a long term fogging issue is not nearly as big a deal as many make it. Nor is the solution to this potential problem "keeping it to yourself."
If your binocular has the potential to fog, it is pretty easy to diagnois. Simply dunk it in 140 degree, warm water for a few minutes. If it leaks, you have a potential problem. Simply box it up and ship it to Swarovski with a note saying the bino has fogging issues. Their service is excellent. They will make it as good as new. If it doesn't leak, then you have no potential problem. Frankly, I'm surprised that someone else didn't think of this. E

Yeah, i'll get right on that and while i am at it, i'll hit them with a rubber mallet as per your old suggestions to see if they are "tough"......

YOUR SLANDEROUS POSTS ARE NOTHING MORE...

Last edited by SAKO75; 08/26/07.

― George Orwell, 1984
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
If it's "not that big of deal" than why all the rants about their poor track record of holding up, blah blah blah?? Seriously, do you have two personalities in that brain of yours?

Here's the problem, if there is a Swaro thread on binos or scopes you'll but your nose in it everytime just to spite the product. Doing all of this without ever using these products, it's a joke as are your comments on various other topics.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 42 invisible), 2,676 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,287
Posts18,467,895
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.