Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Since this place has become a Romper Room for dikheads, trolls, keyboard kommandos and a host of other undesirables many good posters have left.

You left out blowhard soapbox preachers.

And gunsmiths who never post a pic of their work...
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Since this place has become a Romper Room for dikheads, trolls, keyboard kommandos and a host of other undesirables many good posters have left.

You left out blowhard soapbox preachers.

And gunsmiths who never post a pic of their work...
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

This^^^^^^^^^

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is β€œgood” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The place is over run with dik heads who make posts like the above, none of whom would make a pimple on a gunsmith's azz !

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The place is over run with dik heads who make posts like the above, none of whom would make a pimple on a gunsmith's azz !

Hey gungizard,

That was an AMAZING private message you sent.

Extra points for immediately removing yourself from the topic. Never seen that little trick before.

LOL

PS-You were never a gunsmith.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is the 'Fire dying?

I have to say that I've sort of wondered that myself. I kind of thought the same thing about 2008-10. The reasons were about the same:
1) Argumentative trolls
2) Ad hominem attacks replacing reasonable argument
3) Too much unnecessary drama and too many drama queens.

I don't know if my tastes changed or the Campfire turned itself around. I will say that back in 2008, we kept getting new blood all the time and the number of logins continued to rise.

Now? I find that there is a lot less worthwhile stuff to respond to. I did not mind answering stupid newbie questions, but now I see far fewer newbies. Among the veterans, I don't see a whole lot of fresh ideas.

I'm still here. However, this is often times not the first place I visit when I wake up in the morning. Much like in 2008, I'm willing to give the 'Fire a little benign neglect and see what develops.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shaman
Is the 'Fire dying?

I have to say that I've sort of wondered that myself. I kind of thought the same thing about 2008-10. The reasons were about the same:
1) Argumentative trolls
2) Ad hominem attacks replacing reasonable argument
3) Too much unnecessary drama and too many drama queens.

I don't know if my tastes changed or the Campfire turned itself around. I will say that back in 2008, we kept getting new blood all the time and the number of logins continued to rise.

Now? I find that there is a lot less worthwhile stuff to respond to. I did not mind answering stupid newbie questions, but now I see far fewer newbies. Among the veterans, I don't see a whole lot of fresh ideas.

I'm still here. However, this is often times not the first place I visit when I wake up in the morning. Much like in 2008, I'm willing to give the 'Fire a little benign neglect and see what develops.

Please stay.

Your posts are invaluable.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by MS9x56
Ban all the political BS and the shooters and sportsman will return and the trolls can be banished. I come here to commiserate with like minded individuals not put up with trolls.

You don't understand how it works.

RickBin gets paid for every mouse click by the advertisers. Every time someone like AKPENDUDE posts, a whole bunch of guys respond with one-word posts like Cuck, Fuqk, [bleep], and GFY. Brilliant losers. RickBin likes the trolls.

If you don't like trolls, stop feeding them. It's amazing how AKPENDUDE can hijack a thread on any subject and get a bunch of meaningless responses.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I joined here in 2006 and have been killing time here ever since. I guess a lot has changed since then both for me and in the world in general.

I'm still amazed at the depth of knowledge here on most any topic. There are more mouthy [bleep] here but there are still a lot of good guys....smart guys too. I like that there is little to no moderation so I put up with it. I ignore a lot of folks but have no one on ignore. When it gets to the point that an internet post by someone I don't know and most likely will never meet ruins my day I will sign off for good, turn in my man card, and check into a rest home. Years ago I frequented the GON (Georgia Outdoor News) forum and was trying to post a link. In it were the letters BS in consecutive order. I could not post it for the censor. I noted in the post that the letters were Bee Ess and got jumped for trying to type around the censor. Decided the place was not for me.

I've gotten more political since 2006, seeing the country is going rapidly to hell in a handbasket. I suppose occasionally ranting here with like minded people is a relief valve for the stress this causes. Members post up so much news and event material you literally could keep pretty well informed just hanging out here. The overt, naked hatred that is displayed here toward anything related to God is troublesome but is a sign of the times and if you want to little to no moderation you have to take the good with the bad. People feel more free to disrespect each other these days both online and in person. I had a punk mouth off at me at the auto parts store the other day. We both were going for the same check out person but I realized he was ahead of me and told him to go ahead and he replied something to the effect of I had better. I'm 55, he was probably in his twenties but he was a large dazzling urbanite and I am afraid they have been trained to hate white people....those of that age anyway. In a sane world, he probably would have told me to go first because of my age or just gone ahead without saying anything. I suppose he thought he would kick my ass in the parking lot had I gotten belligerent with him, not seeming to know that there was more to me than met the eye......if you know what I mean. Anyway, I digress.

Hunting and fishing? I still fish quite a bit. Haven't been deer hunting in a couple of years. Prior to that for 8 or 9 years I was in a situation that spoiled me. I had access to a large tract of private land along with a few other guys who were terrific to be around. All we had to do was keep the place up, report trespassers, and buy insurance on ourselves in exchange for hunting privileges. Our rules were state law. If the state said you could shoot it, you could shoot it. No BS antler restrictions, nobody got "fined" for shooting something too small, too big, or too whatever. I'd probably have to pay upwards of four grand to be in a "club" like that now and the BS would be thick. I just have not been motivated to find a place. I have some family property I could hunt but its real small and there are people moving in around it. Not the same as it was.

Fishing is also a shell of its former self. There are simply too many people in this part of the country. Are there any people left in the North? Seems all of them moved here, bought a boat, and took up fishing. Thus making necessary all kinds of creel and size limits if you can find something to bite in the first place. I don't even attempt to go on weekends anymore. You need reservations for a place to park in the river if you do. Even on weekdays you have a fair amount of company.

Pics? I choose not to post them because I value anonymity this day and time and I am not out to impress anyone.

The fire may be dying because message boards are so 2006. Fakebook and its ilk have sorta taken over social media in case anyone hasn't noticed. Evidently people don't mind getting censored and put on timeout like a misbehaving 5 year old. That is not for me.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rjy66
he was a large dazzling urbanite and I am afraid they have been trained to hate white people

2 words.

1. Dump Truck
2. Snub nose .38

That’ll get their attention.

πŸ€ͺπŸ˜‚

Dave

οΏ½The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.οΏ½ Lou Holtz

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
When I'm a good guy I leave for awhile, but I can only be good for so long then I'm back.

I will still post pictures, but not as much of the grandkids and outdoor stuff as before.

I don't look at many threads and involve in less. Some posters I skip over, some OPs I don't open their threads and most titles are the same 'ol same 'ol.

If a thread I'm involved in gets circular and needs to die, I write long uninteresting true personal stories, that seems to do the trick, I try not to abuse the power.

News flash... no one's that important, interesting, groundbreaking, charismatic... message board fame is fleeting, fickle and soon forgotten.

Have a few laughs, add some humor and post something outdoorsy to keep a outdoors recreation website on track.

Kent

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Surely you must have one pic of a really awesome job you have done you would like to share with us.
Something that is topnotch work we all could appreciate and enjoy looking at.
Might even drum up some more business for you!!!
And more business is never a bad thing at all.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

so who learned wabi how to post U Tube videos ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by tikkanut

so who learned wabi how to post U Tube videos ?

Our good friend Dwayne, BC 30cal

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I haven't hunted or fished in over 30 years.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I haven't hunted or fished in over 30 years.

That would make you a campfire "expert" smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
[

Please stay.

Your posts are invaluable.

Aw shucks! You're just trying to get in my pants with that kinda talk.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Hey there Mr. Fake Deacon, you need to stick with something you know about like pretending to be a recovering alcoholic (that stunt made you real popular) pretending a deacon. It's readily apparent that you know nothing about gunsmithing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey there Mr. Fake Deacon, you need to stick with something you know about like pretending to be a recovering alcoholic (that stunt made you real popular) pretending a deacon. It's readily apparent that you know nothing about gunsmithing.

You know as much about practical jokes as you do gunsmithing....

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by irfubar

You know as much about practical jokes as you do gunsmithing....

Wait....Flave isn't an alcoholic.or a Deacon?

I am MAGA.
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 6MMWASP, 358WCF, 673, 13 invisible), 1,584 guests, and 867 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,658
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.