Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Doing a job in the city, your typical houses 12' apart scenario. I'm squeaking around the corners of the house with excavator and Bobcat moving materials and installing french drains, neighbor comes over and warns me to stay off his asphalt. During construction of the house at some point someone ran a mini excavator up on the edge of his asphalt in 113 degree weather and it made minimal marks, but it did mark his asphalt a little. Builder told me the guy was a tool. I politely told him I hadn't been nor would I be touching his asphalt.

Next day he signals me to shut down the machine, and informs me he has an insurance adjuster here to look at the "damage" to his asphalt. I did as requested and while I sat in the machine listening to them talking I heard the owner talking about the "asphalt calving". Damn, I never would have thought of that. Creative use of the language, I'll give him that.

Next day another neighbor from down the road comes over and looks at the jobsite so I strike up a conversation. Nothing but complaining about what's wrong with the driveway, concrete, stop sign/intersection, etc etc etc.

I'm thinking dang, these city people are some miserable sons-a-bitches. I haven't worked in that environment in at least 20 years, preferring to work outside the city in the country. Contractors piled on top of each other trying to make the arbitrary move-in deadline, no parking, everyone stepping on everyone else's work.

A man needs himself some space. Women in that environment seem to turn into back-biting little nazi's. Can't seem to help themselves.

People can't see the folly of their lives sometimes.

LOL
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Perhaps he was thinking of his iceberg or Asphalt Angel.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some people will exploit any or no opportunity for money as long as someone else does the work. They are known as liberals.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
That’s folks in the cities living lives of quiet desperation.

And sometimes not very quietly, FB.
Avoid whenever possible.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There’s schitty neighbors everywhere. Doesn’t matter if it’s a McMansion on a 1/4 acre lot or the rancher that shares a mile of fence line and a dirt road.

Simply more opportunity in suburbia to run across said twats.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Had a really tight site years back, some 80 yo [bleep] put up a piece of string down the property line and warned me I better not cross it. Sat out there all day watching. Let the guys play Slayer and gangster rap loud that whole job.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve come to realize that it is a fact of life that some people just cannot be happy themselves unless they’re causing someone else some kind of pain or misery.
That’s why I prefer to stay out here in the sticks. If I had to live in some of those places, I’d seriously consider slitting my wrist before I killed some azzhole who desperately asked for it.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
or

the guy had been screwed over by his builder and various contractors after just paying a gigantic amount of money for a house.

My diploma is a DD214
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Had a really tight site years back, some 80 yo [bleep] put up a piece of string down the property line and warned me I better not cross it. Sat out there all day watching. Let the guys play Slayer and gangster rap loud that whole job.

Jack,,,ya reckon that Ole phart could even hear the music?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by MadMooner
There’s schitty neighbors everywhere. Doesn’t matter if it’s a McMansion on a 1/4 acre lot or the rancher that shares a mile of fence line and a dirt road.

Simply more opportunity in suburbia to run across said twats.

Density would have to up your odds for sure. [bleep] are everywhere. I’ve said it before, generally speaking, most folks would be well served with a mini mag behind the ear.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rem141r
or

the guy had been screwed over by his builder and various contractors after just paying a gigantic amount of money for a house.

Ok, show me on the doll where the bad contractor touched you….

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I’ve come to realize that it is a fact of life that some people just cannot be happy themselves unless they’re causing someone else some kind of pain or misery.
That’s why I prefer to stay out here in the sticks. If I had to live in some of those places, I’d seriously consider slitting my wrist before I killed some azzhole who desperately asked for it.
7mm

You're in PA, I'm in rural AZ................A whole nation apart.....................And my thoughts exactly^^^^^^^

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Similar to Jacks story in 2019 a neighbor a mile away passed and they carved his acreage up and sold it. 2 city folk yankees bought adjoining lots and fought over the property line weekly. One would put up caution tape one day only to have it moved 18" the other way when they came home. For us country folk it was great entertainment but also pretty pathetic.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Calving like a black iceberg.

lol

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Avoid whenever possible.

Wonder what the minimum lot size that guarantees assholishness? Pretty sure any houses just a few feet apart would do it. Blame the developers for maximizing profits with high density housing, and the cities for being greedy for development funds. Damn the quality of life!

Remember when city lots were a half acre? A man had room to park his camper on the F250 and his little dump-run trailer. Have a few fruit trees, nice size yard for the kids to set up a swimming pool in the summer, play some badminton at the family reunion, and lots of parking. I grew up on three acres which as enough to ride minibikes and play baseball. Unless you played ball with golf balls, then they would reach the preachers house windows.

Last edited by Fireball2; 07/25/21.

LOL
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Avoid whenever possible.

Wonder what the minimum lot size that guarantees assholishness? Pretty sure any houses just a few feet apart would do it. Blame the developers for maximizing profits with high density housing, and the cities for being greedy for development funds. Damn the quality of life!

Remember when city lots were a half acre? A man had room to park his camper on the F250 and his little dump-run trailer. Have a few fruit trees, nice size yard for the kids to set up a swimming pool in the summer, play some badminton at the family reunion, and lots of parking. I grew up on three acres which as enough to ride minibikes and play baseball. Unless you played ball with golf balls, then they would reach the preachers house windows.

The cities:
Makes a man really appreciate things when he gets back to his own place, don’t it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hell, the OP is talking about some guy that’s pissed somebody fugged up his driveway he likely paid a lot of money for.

Where Slum at? Somebody hangs a stand to close to the property line and he’s dousing the the whole place in High Karate and Massengill! 😂

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
You off the grid mountain men contractors are renowned for your integrity and quality of work.

SNORK!!!

#thelowestbidderprobablyshouldbe

JFC, next will be how they get no respect from the messicans that are outbidding them.

LMFAO, how 'bout them hOAs?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Asphalt calving .....often accompanied by land tides.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Did new homes for a few yrs, got tired of it, they want it done cheap or you don't get the contract.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

68 members (160user, 41rem, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 9 invisible), 1,057 guests, and 733 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,220
Posts18,447,490
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.