Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by DANNYL
Get a hobby you are interested in and enjoy retirement.

And get busy. Everyone I've ever known that didn't have an active hobby was dead with 5 years. Or less.....

Kaiser Norton

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Retirement is great, Enjoy it.

My grandpa said,,,, get up, dressed and do something worthwhile every day.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Congrats on your next steps in life’s short journey, Enjoy

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I retired last year at 61. Four years earlier than planned due to Etta’s dementia. She’s doing well but it’s a good thing I am around for her. The short term memory stuff is very hard for her.

I have had a sawmill as a small side business and run that fairly often and spend quite a bit of time in the winter gathering logs for it. It keeps me busy. I’m so busy this summer with roofing the house and other projects I don’t know how I got anything done when I was working. Wish I could get a few days just to go to the range.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Anyone who retires and is bored has to be nucking futs!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Happy Retirement. Do what makes your wife happy. Keep score though and always get more from her than you give .

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by AZtwins
Congrats! Wish I was in your shoes.

I know for sure that I will never be bored! I’m tired of wasting time working.

Why work? Seriously ?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I retired at 58, which was my minimum retirement age plus three years. I left three days before my "official" last day at work and shot a hammer of a nice 6x6 bull elk right about what would have been quitting time. I haven't looked back at all ! Every day is like Saturday now! Enjoy your retirement and just find something to keep you busy.....Engage yourself in a new hobby or intensify your old hobby. My knifemaking went from and expensive hobby to another vocation and I love it.

Congrats!

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am 70.
I eat venison every day.
I build rifles.
I help take care of grandkids.
I do vegetable gardening at our house, my son's house, and a friend's house.
I type on my computer.
My plan to get rid of guns when I turn 80 is to drive to the pawn shop and sell them on consignment for 10% commission and 8% tax.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good for you! Enjoy those years. If you don't plan on using the weapons I'd suggest selling them. Keep what you think you might want or need. They are a burden that someone will sell at some time. I'm going through that myself.

All the best!!

Retired cat herder.

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Congrats to you ! I was laided off last March due to Covid 19 , after 6 years of supervision, and making some great money, at the age of 60.
I'm 61 now, still out of work, semi- retired, and loving the time off. Just make yourself a hit list of things that need to be done, that you have been kind of
putting off. When your not shooting, or doing FUN things, just take your time and knock them out, one at a time. NO RUSH ! I have 2 dogs
that I love dearly. I think that if I were to go back to work, after the first couple of days, I would come home and find them with they're paws
slashed ! They love having me home, taking walks, and just sitting on the porch in the evenings, and drinking a cold one of course.....

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Retirement is great did it at 50 turned 66 past April....have done more and plan on doing more for many years....

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
Congradulations, I retired at age 66 in 2012. Love it.
The secret to good health and a long life is stay active. Exercise, & eat simple nutritious foods. Not a lot of processed or resturant foods. Did I say exercise.

If you sit down you die. I watched my dad do that and within 3 years he was dead.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I retire later this year, one week short of my 46th birthday. I have plans to buy some land and eventually build a forever house. Hopefully I don't go broke buying lumber and other building materials. I guess if that happens I could get a part time job at Lowe's and hope for a decent employee discount.

Dinny

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I retired at 57 yrs. That was in 1991, After 30 years I am getting close to retiring from retirement. Still a couple of things I want to do.

tack

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by andrews1958
My last day working is August 6th . I am calling it quits at 63 years old. After traveling around the world for 40 plus years with my job, my wife and I are heading back to our homes in Maine to live out the rest of our lives. We are very excited but a bit nervous. I have heard about people dying right after they retire along with boredom.

have a safe full of guns that I have never shot after years and years of collecting and a man cave full of outdoor gear that has also never been used. Any thoughts on your health once you retired. Boredom?

A man has no value once he quits "working". The beauty of "retiring" is that it opens up more opportunities to work that are more appealing.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
At my wife's urging, I made the decision to retire in 2005 at the age of 55. We both had had successful careers and decided to go for it. With similar interests, we have since traveled to most continents and have been fortunate to hunt in many of them.
The first 12 years were great, but health issues have made a difference. My best advice is "Run 'er 'til she locks up". I'm still trying, but aging does take a toll.
donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Just turned 48. Really want to give corporate life the middle finger. But my older daughter will start college next year and younger just started high school. Hopefully I can call it quits before 60.

Congratulations to all the retirees. You’ve earned it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great to hear, andrews1958! Time to start enjoying your collection and smelling the roses.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You have a little over a week to go.....
Congrats.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (160user, 11point, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 68 invisible), 2,764 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,334
Posts18,468,628
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.