Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Lower quality, fit, and finish? Hell, that's where pretty much everybody has been headed. Haven't you people been paying attention?

BP-B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Fools and their money are soon parted, but people forget that someone has to actually do the parting. Lotteries can't do all the work laugh Remington is happy to help, and has been ever since they discovered they could pass off crap round action rifles and stamped shotguns as premium products, and people would actually fall for it.

It's really a public service they're providing here laugh

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’m a REM 700 fan and really like the small gauge 1100s. Sure glad I have what I need
Sad situation.

NRA Patron
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Nothing I am interested in.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Running head to head with the Chinese!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Looks like the bean counters are still running the show.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Perfect.

More MIM injection molded junk. Might as well save themselves the union headaches and hire a a hedge fund to contract the Turks to spit them out.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Union infect companies and suck the life out of them.

[Linked Image from ]
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Probably just putting guns together from all the rejected parts from when they used to run 24/7.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Union infect companies and suck the life out of them.

Pretty much what ruined Colt for years

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Torg
Do the unions draw up the prints, that determine
the fit of the parts?.....No!
Do the unions decide what the tolerances will be?...No!!
Then why do you blame the Union worker, for
poorly fitting parts?

I dunno .... perhaps because the Miner's Union is now running the show? Because the Miner's Union is completely in charge maybe?

And it was the Miner's Union, along with Cerebus, that ruined Remington in the first place ... combined with employees who have issues.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RufusG
Remington's last really successful new design came out when Kennedy was President. The run they went on coming out of WWII until then was so spectacular they basically knocked Winchester out of the business. But then they pretty much stagnated. You can only stumble along so far on inertia.

You must be referencing the 1100 replacing the Sportsman 58? I am assuming that and agreeing with you 100%.

Their military contracts kept them afloat for a long time but the 1100 was definitely a money maker for them over the decades.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No surprise - Big Green didn't turn out anything worth a fugg for the better part of the last 3 decades now.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SCRooster
You must be referencing the 1100 replacing the Sportsman 58?

Yes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I understand going back with their bread and butter, but the needed to improve upon that product, rather than cheapen it. Is it less expensive to mismatch the buttstock and receiver than it is to make the parts match. What other parts mismatches got a [bleep] from QC? Looks like the same instant rust finish on the 870. Damn dumbasses.

MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have several older Remingtons, a 700 ADL in 7mm Mag that I got in 1976, a 700 Classic in 6.5x55, a 700 classic in 375 H&H, a 700ML in 54 and a Model 572 Fieldmaster 22 pump. Of the lot the 700ML is the newest at about 12 years old. Last time I looked at Rem Rifles I just put them back on the rack and walked away. Back in the day they were great products. Now, not so much. My gun buying days are pretty much behind me but the last one I bought was a T/C Compass in 308.

I doubt Rem makes any $$$ off me but then they haven't made any off me in years anyways.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Looks no different than before. He only looked at the lowest grade stuff. There are around 17 or 18 versions of the 700 not including the ones the make specially for the big box stores. You can get almost that same rem 700 for $379 at Academy. They will throw in a cheap scope with it for that price at walmart. The special deals they have with the big box stores don't with the xmark pro trigger. You buy cheap, you get cheap. The only thing that one can get from that video is that nothing has changed.

Last edited by JimFromTN; 07/26/21.
C
ccd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Unions workers over the last 20 years really aren’t paid any more than non union workers. The benefits aren’t any better either, especially after ACA made high cost insurance plans taxable income. If your management culture is bad, and your union is isn’t excellent bad things happen. Bergara was/is making better 700s than Remington for a decade. Not to mention the custom action makers. 700s became a commodity item. Remingtons answer was more/better marketing. This doesn’t even bring up their disastrous last 15 years in handguns. If you look at the last 40 years of Colt and think the union is the problem…they’ve had so many great products they’ve r&d’d that they’ve never released to the civilian market….

The Turkish shotguns undercut the low end 870 and various semi autos. Also the Italians came to dominate the high end of the market (duck and shooting sports.) The ammo business was probably by far the most profitable part of the company. Unless Erdogan does something outlandish, and Biden bans Turkish firearms, I don’t see a real path forward for Remington. The Chinese and Russian bans have been a godsend to the US firearms industry.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by ccd
Unions workers over the last 20 years really aren’t paid any more than non union workers. The benefits aren’t any better either, especially after ACA made high cost insurance plans taxable income. If your management culture is bad, and your union is isn’t excellent bad things happen. Bergara was/is making better 700s than Remington for a decade. Not to mention the custom action makers. 700s became a commodity item. Remingtons answer was more/better marketing. This doesn’t even bring up their disastrous last 15 years in handguns. If you look at the last 40 years of Colt and think the union is the problem…they’ve had so many great products they’ve r&d’d that they’ve never released to the civilian market….

The Turkish shotguns undercut the low end 870 and various semi autos. Also the Italians came to dominate the high end of the market (duck and shooting sports.) The ammo business was probably by far the most profitable part of the company. Unless Erdogan does something outlandish, and Biden bans Turkish firearms, I don’t see a real path forward for Remington. The Chinese and Russian bans have been a godsend to the US firearms industry.

Union pay scale may not be the issue. Having five people to do the job of three, as an example may be the issue. Gotta keep the dues coming in. It is about money, it always has been and will be, directly or indirectly.

NRA Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Isn't it obvious? They used green wood. Shrinking will take care of that.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
825 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 12308300, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 007FJ, 86 invisible), 3,245 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,710
Posts18,400,186
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.