Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Buy the Sig, you'll never regret it. I have a Sig Sauer P226 and the .22 conversion for it, I would never think of selling it.

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Buy the Sig, you'll never regret it. I have a Sig Sauer P226 and the .22 conversion for it, I would never think of selling it.

This was addressed to experts.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJY66
I was told by a policeman that you need to use factory ammo in your carry gun because if you ever do have to kill someone and wind up in court the scumbag's scumbag lawyer will try to paint you as a vigilante, militia member, white supremacist, etc. whose hobby was loading up "extra deadly super lethal hombrew ammo" whilst masturbating to the thought of killing a poor disadvantaged black child and you finally got your chance when Vontavious tried to knock your brains out. He was a goot boy, just getting his life together dontcha know?

Practice ammo? Load away.

Hilarious! laugh cry laugh
Old wives tales never die.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Are you going to bet your life on it working?

Being a cheapskate and buying a bargain basement pistol to be used to potentially save your life, is like saying "what's wrong with buying this $300 parachute? It looks just like the expensive ones that cost $2500. It will probably work when I need it to."

There is a reason why no professional outfits carry Taurus.

To each their own, but I would never recommend a Taurus. There are plenty of good used HKs, Glocks, S&Ws, Sigs, and other actual service grade handguns on the market that have a long, well established record of working.

I agree 100% with what Mackay says. Ask yourself what is your life worth and what do professional who have lots of experience with this use. A used service grade pistol is a much better choice. Of the used pistols, I'd go with the Glock because they are the most common and it's easiest to get spare parts for them. If you are looking for a new pistol, check out the Beretta APX, I just purchased a new one for $349 + tax, it's not very popular but it is a quality service grade pistol from a major manufacturer.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Slavek
I do not know anything.

Fixed it for you

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
It's a trite response but, "how much is your life worth?"

Economize on plinkers or truck guns, not something you might have to use to save your life or the lives of others. You don't need to get top tier competition ready gear for self defense but there are a bunch of brands out there with excellent reputations for reliability, durability, and good ergonomics that don't cost a whole lot more than the Taurus.

Buy it, clean it, lube it, shoot it and make it run.

Simple

Price or brand is not a factor.

If ya can't make it run, send it back to the manufacturer and let them have a go at it.

When did it become the buyers responsibility to "make it run".
Price or brand is not a factor?
You've made my idiots list.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hunter4623
I do not know anything.

Fixed it for you

I am glad you were available to answer question being asked.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Listen to Mackay.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just get a P89 and call it a day.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Mr. BB a dik head like you is hardly what anyone would call an expert. Oh wait you're certainly an expert doosh bag.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I've had the Millennium G2 for several years. I bought it new.. It's never bobbled or given me any reason to doubt it'll work when I need it.
The trigger breaks closer to the grip than my other 9s which might annoy some folks but it fits my hand well and I like it.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
It's a trite response but, "how much is your life worth?"

Economize on plinkers or truck guns, not something you might have to use to save your life or the lives of others. You don't need to get top tier competition ready gear for self defense but there are a bunch of brands out there with excellent reputations for reliability, durability, and good ergonomics that don't cost a whole lot more than the Taurus.

Buy it, clean it, lube it, shoot it and make it run.

Simple

Price or brand is not a factor.

If ya can't make it run, send it back to the manufacturer and let them have a go at it.

When did it become the buyers responsibility to "make it run".
Price or brand is not a factor?
You've made my idiots list.

Go buy a Highpoint and see if it runs.

Ugly, fat, blocky, but they run.

I have a Dan Wesson 10MM CBOB that cost me quite a bit more that this Taurus and it took two trips back to the manufacturer to make it run.

I have a Ruger SR 22 that was completely f*cked up that had to back after the first range session.

I have a CZ PO-6 that will eat everything, even crusty tarnished schit many would throw away.

I have a S&W E Series CBoB, that had to go back twice, not because it didn't run, but because the safety was F-ed up.

I Had a Kimber 1911, sold it, nuff said.

I have a Stoeger Cougar I payed less than $350 new, thousands of rounds and never missed as beat.

I have a three of Para 1911's, The 14-45 double stack had some issues when new, the cheap Expert has never missed.

My point, Price is not always a factor on whether a semi-auto pistol will run or not.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Steve,

If that were the case, police departments being notorious for being cheap vs. thrifty, to Mac’s point, why are no PDs using Taurus handguns?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Steve,

If that were the case, police departments being notorious for being cheap vs. thrifty, to Mac’s point, why are no PDs using Taurus handguns?

They don't use a lot of handguns, CZ, Stoeger, Dan Wesson, Ruger, just to name a few. Doesn't mean they don't run and are not accurate.

Of course Police and accuracy should not be used in the same sentence.

They don't use Sub-Compacts either, which is what this thread is about.

Last edited by steve4102; 07/26/21.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a g2c & I liked it really well for a $200 pistol. The trigger had a weird catch though. I'm not a fan of trigger safety blades on any handgun. It ran well & was as accurate as I am. The sights on the g2c are cheap, be better if they were dovetailed. I traded it for a Mossberg 12 gauge & a Glenfield .22 auto last year. I got a Taurus 8 shot revolver this year, & it's a piece of junk as much as I wanted to like it I can't.

Romans 5:1
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by efw
I have a Glock 26 that had been my EDC for quite some time but the “pinky hang” bugged me.

I got a great deal on a G3C and it fits me beautifully. Love the texture and length of grip it is perfect to me. The mags are solid, feed beautifully, and mine has run through 115 FMJ & JHPs without any sort of hiccup. The sights are Glock comparable so I got some high vis Trijicons, but the stock ones (blacked out rear, white dot front) are not terrible. Some may well prefer them over Glock.

All that having been said while Glock triggers leave much to be desired I like the G26’s better.

As has been mentioned Taurus can be excellent for the money but QC is lacking so it could be a PITA.

My G3C replaced my G26 as EDC, but only after sufficient number of rounds run through flawlessly.

The Pearce grip extensions take carry of the hanging pinky issue with the Glock 26, at least for me. But I have medium/small hands.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I was told by a policeman that you need to use factory ammo in your carry gun because if you ever do have to kill someone and wind up in court the scumbag's scumbag lawyer will try to paint you as a vigilante, militia member, white supremacist, etc. whose hobby was loading up "extra deadly super lethal hombrew ammo" whilst masturbating to the thought of killing a poor disadvantaged black child and you finally got your chance when Vontavious tried to knock your brains out. He was a goot boy, just getting his life together dontcha know?

That's not what my attorney says.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

That's not what my attorney says.

Get a different attorney, or ask him to supply you with a single SD case where handloads was a issue in court.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
There is a reason why no professional outfits carry Taurus

Nuff said.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by hunter4623
I do not know anything.

Fixed it for you

I am glad you were available to answer question being asked.

The question has been answered. Buy whatever you like and have faith it works if you need it. I’ll stick to proven combat weapons in a combat proven caliber. I’m not risking my life on a marginal quality, non combat proven gun no matter the price. I carry a Sig P220 or my Sig 1911 95% of the time. The other 5% is a pocket carried j frame S&W if I can’t conceal a larger gun. I take personal protection seriously. Others might not and feel comfortable carrying something different. I’ve never heard a story of a guy wishing he had less ammo, a smaller caliber or a schittier gun when things went south. Remember you don’t get to pick your gunfight.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, ATC, 12 invisible), 2,200 guests, and 722 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,668
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.