Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My wife came home today and said, "Good news honey, we have a package of hazardous materials out here on the porch!". I'm starting to find more primers online. My hearing must be getting worse, I can't believe I didn't hear my friend in the big brown truck coming up the driveway though....

The steel targets out back are in for a work out grin

Please don't feed the trolls!
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Well hell; we are all family here, whats the secret to finding primers online, all I draw is a blank?

2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
https://ammoseek.com/

Ammo seek has a reloading component seek function....

I had never heard of this company until other cast bullet sources dried up. They limit how many you can order but if they say in stock they ship fast.... I've ordered 9000 since I found them last March so I'm set bullet wise.

http://www.acmebullet.com/

I'd still like a few thousand more standard large pistol primes on the shelf but hopefully sharing the ammo seek link will charge up the good Karma supply

My wife is a shooter too so she delivered the good news message with genuine enthusiasm grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

My wife is a shooter too so she delivered the good news message with genuine enthusiasm grin

That's good to hear. In these uncertain times we need strong marriages that will weather storms together! I hope you and your wife enjoy some quality time together, denting those primers!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thank you Wade. I thought about posting this story in the general topic forum section but have grown weary of the snarky tone that has become more common there.

I believe I remember you offering to help Hound Girl out with a situation she was having (a long time ago) and more recently you reached out in a genuine way to a poster in the handguns section, a poster I'd just given up on and stopped reading altogether so good on you for doing that.

I made a post on the "is the Campfire dying?" thread where I commented that IMO when society is under extra levels of stress (wars pandemics political upheavals... alien invasions whatever...) Good natured folks will go the extra mile to help out others while still maintaining a higher situational awareness level in general because the not so good natured folks are behaving worse and worse

I hope you and yours are doing especially well today.

John

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
A good wife is hard to find as primers are these days, I have both so I am blessed and it sounds like you are too.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I appreciate the kind words, John.

You take care!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Nice, and LOL, same here, Wife......even if you dont need it now, buy it, it's not going to spoil, may come a time you/we cant buy it! ; ] smile it's nice to be married to smart women gentlemen!

Trump Won!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
My wife came home today and said, "Good news honey, we have a package of hazardous materials out here on the porch!". I'm starting to find more primers online. My hearing must be getting worse, I can't believe I didn't hear my friend in the big brown truck coming up the driveway though....

The steel targets out back are in for a work out grin

Marrying up/well is definitely one of the best things a guy can ever do. Same with having AND raising kids......

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My friend in the big brown truck came back up the hill today with another load of hazardous materials. He is a big time shooter and was telling me that over the past 2 weeks lots of customers have been getting reloading supplies and ammunition. I'd still like to find a few more thousand standard large pistol primers but otherwise I'm pretty much set for the kind of shooting my wife and I like to do.

I've been placing back orders with Starline Brass as soon as they list it as available to back order. I'm still waiting on .45 Auto Rim brass I ordered in April but otherwise the wait has only been a few weeks. Seems like a pretty good business model to have everything presold before a production run is even started.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

366 members (10ring1, 1lesfox, 160user, 06hunter59, 16penny, 12344mag, 30 invisible), 1,731 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,178
Posts18,465,550
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.