Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Iclimb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hoping y’all might be able to answer a question for me....
I have a USA made m70 fwt crf and it was a 300wsm...stock was great so I stripped it and plan on refinishing for use with a (same action) 22-250ai build (from a different donnor 70 fwt) ... I noticed, along with I’ve read in the past that there is a different contour used in the wsm mod 70 fwt’s....well I can confirm this as my 22-250 barrel is swimming in the Contour...I planned on using a lija dupe for the build but they weren’t a ton of help (although very nice and willing) in the nuances of the wsm contour vs fwt contour....the conclusion was to send the wsm barrel in for a spec out and dupe that barrel....

All that said, did the wsm fwt’s have their own specific contour or is it a standard mod 70 contour in a fwt stock?
Secondly is there a “standard” contour that makers use, ie a #2, that is very close to a sporter mod 70 that I would be able to fit in the fwt stock?

If all that makes sense...I know you Winchester guys will know...thanks

If at first you don't succeed; shoot, shoot again
BP-B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Iclimb
Hoping y’all might be able to answer a question for me....
I have a USA made m70 fwt crf and it was a 300wsm...stock was great so I stripped it and plan on refinishing for use with a (same action) 22-250ai build (from a different donnor 70 fwt) ... I noticed, along with I’ve read in the past that there is a different contour used in the wsm mod 70 fwt’s....well I can confirm this as my 22-250 barrel is swimming in the Contour...I planned on using a lija dupe for the build but they weren’t a ton of help (although very nice and willing) in the nuances of the wsm contour vs fwt contour....the conclusion was to send the wsm barrel in for a spec out and dupe that barrel....

All that said, did the wsm fwt’s have their own specific contour or is it a standard mod 70 contour in a fwt stock?
Secondly is there a “standard” contour that makers use, ie a #2, that is very close to a sporter mod 70 that I would be able to fit in the fwt stock?

If all that makes sense...I know you Winchester guys will know...thanks

When you say "USA made", are you referring to Winchester or BACO? The baco's are just sporter weight barrels. They are not a true "featherweight" contour. Why they call them that is beyond me. There's a huge difference between a FWT barrel and a standard wt barrel. Here's a real American made featherweight barrel:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

300WSM BACO "Featherweight":
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
New Haven crf classic guns are the same; standard sporter contour.
All the magnum classic “featherweights” wear this contour (including the all terrain.)

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
163 members (338Rules, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 22 invisible), 1,993 guests, and 955 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,648
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.