Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
100grNP Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
My ten year old case cleaner sounds likes its about to take a dump. Motor takes a minute to get going but once it's going it will run all day. Anyone ever seen one act like that? Think rcbs will be any help?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My motor came apart after about 20 years. I epoxied it back together and it made it about another 6 months. I think the warranty on them is only a year. Call RCBS and see what they say.
I replaced it with a drum type with SS media. Contrary to almost everyone else's experience, for the type of use I have, I liked the vibratory better (typically small batch and quick cleaning).
I might get another one one of these days.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've had my Lyman 1200 for 25 years and used the hell out of it. Still works great.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 100grNP
My ten year old case cleaner sounds likes its about to take a dump. Motor takes a minute to get going but once it's going it will run all day. Anyone ever seen one act like that? Think rcbs will be any help?

No, out of warranty and they list only bowl and lid in their parts book.

Swifty
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 100grNP

Still have my RCBS cleaner. Been out of use for a long time. Works perfectly. You pay shipping & I’ll be more than happy to let you have it.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
My RCBS finally took a dirt nap, so I upgraded to a bigger Lyman 2500 Turbo. Love it. Its quiet and it polishes a lot of cases..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

RCBS replaced my first one when it went tits up. When the new one did the same after about three years, RCBS said “Sorry”. Now I’m using a gifted old Hornady that is working fine, but is really noisy. Not sure what I’ll get to replace it when the time comes.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I thought RCBS had a supposedly lifetime warranty? I guess you could give Frankford arsenal or Lyman a try after this hornady case cleaner plays out. I haven’t heard a bad thing about the Lyman vibratory case cleaner.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by houston1
I thought RCBS had a supposedly lifetime warranty? I guess you could give Frankford arsenal or Lyman a try after this hornady case cleaner plays out. I haven’t heard a bad thing about the Lyman vibratory case cleaner.

A lot of things are lifetime warranty, but nobody but nobody offers a lifetime warranty on electrical equipment. From owners manual,

TWO YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Congratulations on the purchase of your new RCBS Vibratory Case Polisher. Your new Vibratory Case Polisher is warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase. This warranty is extended only to the original consumer purchaser. Should you believe that your Vibratory Case Polisher is defective in material or workmanship, you must return it to RCBS, postage paid, for evaluation. If defective, the product will be repaired or replaced at RCBS’s option, at no charge.

Swifty

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

681 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1234, 68 invisible), 3,548 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,271
Posts18,467,400
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.