Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
And another just like this.

Neither would traverse the Grapevine without overheating at 55 mph.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
1954 Ford Ranch Wagon...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Higginez
Had one like this we called "Old Betsy".

Moonroof about killed us.

I sure like the looks of those.

The Chevy version isn't bad either.

Geno, of all the cars we drove into the ground, Old Betsy was likely the coolest.

The Renault R-8 might have been more memorable though as I remember Mom running a few Hells Angels off the road after they had pointed a revolver at her and dragged a chain over the roof.

Bakersfield 1978.

Ah, the memories.....

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I currently own a 85 Crown Vic station wagon.

I am not one of the good guys!

Sig line material.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Folks had a ‘57 bel air station wagon. Friend had a Vega wagon for a while.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Could you get one in 4x4?

Predecessor to the Subaru Outback. 😂🤣🇺🇸

friend had about a 64 chevy wagon. with a 350blueprinted enginte, dual quads, etc 4speed, around a 4.11 rear.
it was fun at a stop lite next to some of the "hot" cars.
hauled a lot of beer too.

In the early '70's I had a '64 Impala wagon with the 300 hp 327 cu in V-8, 4-speed and 4:11 Posi rear.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
When I was in 3rd grade, we had a neighbor with an AMC Hornet just like this. His Mom drove that thing and she musta been 6 ft 2 inches tall and like to drink. We had a red headed retarded kid in our class (no offense Flave) that we were all pretty nice to last name of Splitstone. One Friday morning as my twin brother, a neighbor kid and myself walked to school, the Splitstone paterfamilias confronted us claiming we were picking on his retarded son and threatened an ass whooping. He smelled of booze and had tobacco juice drool down both sides of his cheeks. My brother and I never said anything to our parents as we weren't narcs, but our friends apparently had told their folks.

Come Monday morning that Splitstone fella was back threatening us kids and I will never forget the feeling of absolute glee, seeing my buddies mom and her amazonian self pulling up in that AMC Hornet telling that old hobo (no offense meant here Certifiable) what exactly she was gonna do to him if he didn't head right back where he came from.

They replaced it with a Bronco 2, which has to be the perfect replacement vehicle.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
1962 Ford Country Sedan.

It was not fast but there was a lot of room.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another Country Squire kid checking in.

Holy moley listen to that sleeper lope.
Originally Posted by Higginez
And another just like this.

Neither would traverse the Grapevine without overheating at 55 mph.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by plainsman456
1962 Ford Country Sedan.

It was not fast but there was a lot of room.

Ours was a 1961 Country Sedan. 292 with a 3 on the tree. Mom and dad bought it used in 1964. It died with 129,000 on the odometer and rust up the kazoo in 1971.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yep a 1966 chev biscayne wagon, took the six out eventually and put a V8 in it, then changed it from Armstrong steering to power steering.
Also had a 1970 LTD wagon with a 390 in it, used to turn air cleaner lid upside down and you could really hear the 4 barrel open up.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mom had a white Peugeot 504 diesel. Can't remember when, but it was probably in the mid-late 70's. I remember it being a good vehicle.

Last edited by High_Noon; 07/26/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
!975 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser wagon. Lots of options, rode nice, loved gasoline . Was a good car, hated that it had fender skirts.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by NVhntr
The second vehicle I owned was a 1960 Rambler wagon I got for $200. Got it home a found it had a c-clamp holding the diff cover in place.
Rebuilt the rear end and it turned out to be a pretty good party car. Next best thing to a cargo van.
Back when cars still came with those aerodynamic fins for flying down the highway. LOL

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My folks had one of them when I was a kid. Caramel Copper color. Had a push button auto trans that I thought was pretty cool. I was too young to ever drive it.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I had to take my driver's test in my parents' '71 Ford wagon. That was rough. The dreaded parallel parking was like trying to park an aircraft carrier!

Driving it on dates motivated me to get a job and buy my first car.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Guy in high school circa 1979 had a Chevy Nomad IIRC
Dropped a engine, trans, rear axle in it.
That thing would move!!!!
Front tires lift off the road 7 or 8 inches if he got on it from the start.
Fugger burn the rear tires going up hill for 100 150 ft or until he let off it or gained traction thru speed.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hookeye
I had two Jeep XJ, two ZJ and one WJ.
4wd station wagons IMHO

you know the original wagoneers and cherokees were classified by DOT as station wagons...
long after essuvees had been invented I had a police officer ask me why my registration said it was a station wagon...
I guess he didn't realize that the essuvee was johnny come lately to the four door 4x4 game...

what were Broncos and k5s registered as?
I do t recall them having the same first two tag digits the way ford and chevy (each their own unique two digits) pick-ups did...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
In 1966 my dad gave me his '57 Chevy wagon so I could rebuild the blown motor and have something to drive. I did a literal shadetree job of it, honing the cylinders with the block still in the car. I forgot to mark the rod caps and got them mixed up, and the motor was stuck. A mechanic friend towed the car to his shop and straightened out the mess. We drove that wagon all over the Colorado Rockies summer and winter for years afterward. Later I had a '62 nova wagon given to me, and this time I put in a short block and drove that car for years as well. Wife and I had a '76 Ford wagon with the wood-look sides and rear roof portholes, also given to us with a blown rear end. Cost 100 dollars to bring a replacement from the salvage yard and get it bolted up. A whole progression of Cherokee Chiefs, Wagoneers, Grand Wagoneers, and a Suburban have followed, up to the present Expedition. I also feel a 4x8 sheet of whatever should fit inside so it don't get ruined on the way home.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
673 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 12308300, 76 invisible), 2,749 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,644
Posts18,399,029
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.