Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Drop a dime.

If you don’t, it’s the same as approval.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by leadfeather
Ok fellas, a neighbor of mine invited me to go with him elk hunting a few years back where he at the last minute wanted me to pull horses. The next year I drew a 1st rifle and he drew a muzzle loader bull tag but wanted to go with me after he returned from his hunt in Sept. So I reluctantly agreed then a few days before we are to leave he wants me to drag those dang horses a 1000 miles up there. He bought only 2 of 10 tanks of gas . I did kill a elk and he said his services should take care his share of the gas.
Now as you can imagine I've kind of had my fill of this fella . Now recently he wanted (over anxiously)help me with some work on my deer lease only to find out that he expected tresspass prevledges in return so I told him not to worry about it .
Now this fella goes to CO. every year to elk hunt either muzzle loader or rifle. While riding home from the last trip I asked what he did when he didn't draw he said he would buy a archery and go during muzzleloading season....ya know what I mean. He said he has never been checked out of camp.
Well this year he didn't draw and his plan is to hunt with an archery tag while using a muzzle loader.
Should I put a bug in the right folks ear?
Do what you think is best. Personally, I wouldn't, but I'm not a rat.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Talk is talk.
Disassociate and be done

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Shoot him while he rides the horse.

Dress the corpse up in a yeti costume.

Tell the cops you thought a yeti was molesting the horse.

laugh laugh laugh laugh

Priceless Sam! laugh laugh laugh

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
His stating an illegal plan was a gift.
You have an out.
And its justified.

Your wife should accept that as well

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If he is apparently that much of a dirtbag hunter, wouldn't it be in his nature to try and shift some blame onto you if he got busted while you two were sharing a camp?? Consider that.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
At some point you could be considered an accomplice. Many states confiscate anything and everything associated with a hunting infraction, truck, trailer, tack, guns …..everything.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by navlav8r
At some point you could be considered an accomplice. Many states confiscate anything and everything associated with a hunting infraction, truck, trailer, tack, guns …..everything.
That is often the way we handled it. Charge everyone in the truck or camp with possession of illegally taken game. Let it get sorted out in court or before court by lawyers and prosecutors. If you leave out a possible guilty party they are liable to use the empty chair defense. As in the possible culprit that didn't get charged.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
The guy's bad ju ju, you should have parted ways with him long ago. Turn him in and you're probably at risk for revenge, so gotta ask yourself if it's worth it. He'll get caught eventually.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by navlav8r
That is often the way we handled it. Charge everyone in the truck or camp with possession of illegally taken game. Let it get sorted out in court or before court by lawyers and prosecutors. If you leave out a possible guilty party they are liable to use the empty chair defense. As in the possible culprit that didn't get charged.

Pay attention to this Man.

ETA:
With this guy you may find yourself in a situation where you’re unable to buy a hunting license in any reciprocal state and there are many reciprocal states.

Last edited by Old_Toot; 07/26/21.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I’ll be durn

So that’s how they do it “wist ofthe missysissississippi”

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Run away- do not walk.
Burn him anonymously

Fook the wives.

I maybe should refraise that?

And definitely do not tell or indicate to either wife you burned him

Take the hypocrisy oath! smile

Last edited by las; 07/26/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It could be handled by telling him that in light of your wives being friends you would like to remain socially cordial but be up front and tell him you have considered calling Colorado F&G on him. Just tell him you are not a poacher and that while you can be neighbors on good terms you are not going to jail with him and not putting yourself at risk and suspicion by hunting with him. And tell your wife what you told him so she doesn't get blindsided.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The way thi fella talked down to me when I declined his offer it was tough to walk away. He is a thief and a slight on law abiding sportsman .

Then why do you need an online forum's consensus to do what you know is the right thing? I mean are you wanting one of us to do it for you, or... ?

Last edited by OMCHamlin; 07/26/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Go undercover for the CO Frog and Grouse department, set up a sting operation, wear a wire, use hidden surveillance cameras, GPS tracking, cell phone tracking, car chases, color your hair, stake-outs, bribes, booze, drugs, and hot women. Just like they do on Netflix drug shows/To catch a Predator/and the Maine game warden show. It should be fun and exciting. Live a little. Great stories down the road!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
It could be handled by telling him that in light of your wives being friends you would like to remain socially cordial but be up front and tell him you have considered calling Colorado F&G on him. Just tell him you are not a poacher and that while you can be neighbors on good terms you are not going to jail with him and not putting yourself at risk and suspicion by hunting with him. And tell your wife what you told him so she doesn't get blindsided.

+1

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Ok fellas, a neighbor of mine invited me to go with him elk hunting a few years back where he at the last minute wanted me to pull horses. The next year I drew a 1st rifle and he drew a muzzle loader bull tag but wanted to go with me after he returned from his hunt in Sept. So I reluctantly agreed then a few days before we are to leave he wants me to drag those dang horses a 1000 miles up there. He bought only 2 of 10 tanks of gas . I did kill a elk and he said his services should take care his share of the gas.
Now as you can imagine I've kind of had my fill of this fella . Now recently he wanted (over anxiously)help me with some work on my deer lease only to find out that he expected tresspass prevledges in return so I told him not to worry about it .
Now this fella goes to CO. every year to elk hunt either muzzle loader or rifle. While riding home from the last trip I asked what he did when he didn't draw he said he would buy a archery and go during muzzleloading season....ya know what I mean. He said he has never been checked out of camp.
Well this year he didn't draw and his plan is to hunt with an archery tag while using a muzzle loader.
Should I put a bug in the right folks ear?
Do what you think is best. Personally, I wouldn't, but I'm not a rat.

Turning in a known poacher is not being a rat IMO.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Show up at his house like this and if he doesn’t shoot you, he won’t ever ask to go with you again.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T

Winner of combining the worst ideas into one paragraph. Lonny runs a close second.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L

Absolutely not!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,938 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,541
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.