T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by TF49

As I have said..... This is a simple concept..... you do not KNOW that God does not exist.

That is an outrageously arrogant and bigoted comment. So where's your proof that a god/s exists? (Hint: It's all about proof)

That’s not the point…. You made an outright assertion that God does not exist.

I am simply pointing put that you cannot KNOW that God doesn’t exist.

Simple idea…. Simple concept.

We moved on from there. I made my case and you said I was wrong. You need to provide evidence of why I am wrong ie why you are right ie god/s existance. If you can't prove your case then you are a bigot. The burden of proof has always been with you. You treat your faith as fact that must be true yet have no evidence.

As others have said, faith is a belief without evidence. You don't seem to be able to accept this so try unsuccessfully to find validation through illogical means, trying to make it more real. Either you are weak in your conviction or enjoy being a bigot.

Nope, we have not moved on. Let me restate some truth: “You cannot KNOW that God does not exist.”

Nope, not weak in my conviction and not a bigot….although I’m pretty sure you will come back with some all inclusive anti-God definition.

No, my faith is not without evidence…. That is just another worn out phrase you guys dredge up when you can’t come up with any other way to show your animus.

I have made my position about my faith indeed having “proof.” I assume you read it…. If not, you can find it.

Here’s an opening for you ….. There is a wide road and there is a narrow road…..think George Orwell for a moment:

“There was truth and there was untruth, and if you clung to the truth even against the whole world, you were not mad.”

Hmm…. Perhaps one of us is “mad.”

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

As I have said..... This is a simple concept..... you do not KNOW that God does not exist.

That is an outrageously arrogant and bigoted comment. So where's your proof that a god/s exists? (Hint: It's all about proof)

That’s not the point…. You made an outright assertion that God does not exist.

I am simply pointing put that you cannot KNOW that God doesn’t exist.

Simple idea…. Simple concept.

We moved on from there. I made my case and you said I was wrong. You need to provide evidence of why I am wrong ie why you are right ie god/s existance. If you can't prove your case then you are a bigot. The burden of proof has always been with you. You treat your faith as fact that must be true yet have no evidence.

As others have said, faith is a belief without evidence. You don't seem to be able to accept this so try unsuccessfully to find validation through illogical means, trying to make it more real. Either you are weak in your conviction or enjoy being a bigot.

Nope, we have not moved on. Let me restate some truth: “You cannot KNOW that God does not exist.”

Nope, not weak in my conviction and not a bigot….although I’m pretty sure you will come back with some all inclusive anti-God definition.

No, my faith is not without evidence…. That is just another worn out phrase you guys dredge up when you can’t come up with any other way to show your animus.

I have made my position about my faith indeed having “proof.” I assume you read it…. If not, you can find it.

Here’s an opening for you ….. There is a wide road and there is a narrow road…..think George Orwell for a moment:

“There was truth and there was untruth, and if you clung to the truth even against the whole world, you were not mad.”

Hmm…. Perhaps one of us is “mad.”

Good on ya mate.

I'll leave you with your gods, ghosts, aliens and UFOs then.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

NVgayzer

navel-gazing noun

navel-gaz·​ing | \ ˈnā-vəl-ˈgā-ziŋ \
Definition of navel-gazing
: useless or excessive self-contemplation
Synonyms & Antonyms for navel-gazing
Synonyms

egocentricity, egocentrism, egoism, egomania, egotism, narcissism, self-absorption, self-centeredness, self-concern, self-interest, self-involvement, self-preoccupation, self-regard, selfishness, selfness

,😄

Religion is escapism. Religion based on faith creates an illusion of knowledge where no knowledge exists.

Science, on the other hand, is an exploration of how the world works without beginning with the assumption of knowledge.

It is those who hold to faith who assume to know.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Never forget, The Cross, and what It means.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Never forget, The Cross, and what It means.
Jimmy Swaggart is always saying that. What do you say it means? Can you explain it without referencing Paul?

P.S. I do believe Jesus was who he claimed to be.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr
For ease of understanding, and a good laugh, here is a list of countries Anderson is banned from entering:

Australia
Belgium
Botswana
Canada
Czechia*
Denmark*
Estonia*
Finland*
France*
Germany*
Greece*
Iceland*
Ireland
Italy*
Jamaica
Latvia*
Lithuania*
Luxembourg*
Malta*
Malawi
Monaco
The Netherlands
Norway
New Zealand
Poland*
Portugal*
Spain*
Sweden*
South Africa
United Kingdom
What stands out to me about this list of countries is that they would be considered secular in that government and religion don't mix very much. Also notable is that despite that preacher being anti Jewish/anti Semite the country of Israel is not listed. Greece seems to be the only Balkan nation listed. No Moslem nation or any nation in the Americas besides Canada are listed.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT

NVgayzer

navel-gazing noun

Synonyms

egocentricity, egocentrism, egoism, egomania, egotism, narcissism, self-absorption, self-centeredness, self-concern, self-interest, self-involvement, self-preoccupation, self-regard, selfishness, selfness

,😄

Religion is escapism. Religion based on faith creates an illusion of knowledge where no knowledge exists.

Science, on the other hand, is an exploration of how the world works without beginning with the assumption of knowledge.

Here I am trying to get ready for a long day tomorrow and then I see this post.... makes me smile.....

Anyway, here is another saying that most of us have heard many times before but it is worth repeating.....

"Always remember that you don't know ....what you don't know....... and also remember that what you don't know may be getting ready to bite you in the ass."

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

You cannot possibly know that God does not exist.

Yep, that's what the lack of evidence is saying.

I get the feeling that you are having a hard time accepting your faith as faith.

That which is asserted without evidence, can be rejected without evidence.

Nope, that is a misapplication of a worn out phrase.

You…. Antelope Sniper…. Cannot know that God does not exist. You can act like He doesn’t exist, you can believe He doesn’t exist….. but you cannot know that.

That's not necessarily true. Weather or not the existence of a specific god(s) can be disproven is a matter of definition. It's why I'll only accept the burden of proof regarding the non-existence of a god after the god(s) is defined, and that definition is agreed upon. A simple example of this regarding the Greek gods is the claim they live a top Mount Olympus. Human's scaled Mount Olympus in the 1920's, and found no gods clearly disproving that claim and the existence of any gods depending upon it's truth.

Like wise, many definitions of the Christian God are demonstrably not true. A few simple examples of this are the literalist interpretations dependent upon a literal 6 day creation, 6,000 year old earth, a firmament, and/or those that require a Flat Earth.

The problem with Christians is, they are really good at "Moving the Goal Posts". They've been doing it for a couple thousand years in their attempts to create an unfalsifiable definition their god. But just because you've created an unfalsifiable definition of something, that doesn't mean it's reasonable to believe it exists. If you were to apply this mode of thinking to everything in your life, not just god, you would have to belief everything you were told until it could be definitively disproven, beginning with every fairy tale creature, every other god, and every claim ever made by every scientist, because after all, according to this mode of thinking, they have no burden of proof, you must disprove what they claim even if they have zero evidence to support their claims. So enjoy living in a world were leprechauns are real, Joe Biden got 80,000,000 votes, and Elvis isn't dead.

Heavy load of bafflegab there…. You changed definitions and context….and erected quite a few straw men in your last couple of posts…

…. boil it down and we see that yes, indeed, there is no way you can know that God does not exist…..

So you still believe in the gods of Olympus?
Can you prove they do not exist?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

You cannot possibly know that God does not exist.

Yep, that's what the lack of evidence is saying.

I get the feeling that you are having a hard time accepting your faith as faith.

That which is asserted without evidence, can be rejected without evidence.

Nope, that is a misapplication of a worn out phrase.

You…. Antelope Sniper…. Cannot know that God does not exist. You can act like He doesn’t exist, you can believe He doesn’t exist….. but you cannot know that.

That's not necessarily true. Weather or not the existence of a specific god(s) can be disproven is a matter of definition. It's why I'll only accept the burden of proof regarding the non-existence of a god after the god(s) is defined, and that definition is agreed upon. A simple example of this regarding the Greek gods is the claim they live a top Mount Olympus. Human's scaled Mount Olympus in the 1920's, and found no gods clearly disproving that claim and the existence of any gods depending upon it's truth.

Like wise, many definitions of the Christian God are demonstrably not true. A few simple examples of this are the literalist interpretations dependent upon a literal 6 day creation, 6,000 year old earth, a firmament, and/or those that require a Flat Earth.

The problem with Christians is, they are really good at "Moving the Goal Posts". They've been doing it for a couple thousand years in their attempts to create an unfalsifiable definition their god. But just because you've created an unfalsifiable definition of something, that doesn't mean it's reasonable to believe it exists. If you were to apply this mode of thinking to everything in your life, not just god, you would have to belief everything you were told until it could be definitively disproven, beginning with every fairy tale creature, every other god, and every claim ever made by every scientist, because after all, according to this mode of thinking, they have no burden of proof, you must disprove what they claim even if they have zero evidence to support their claims. So enjoy living in a world were leprechauns are real, Joe Biden got 80,000,000 votes, and Elvis isn't dead.

Heavy load of bafflegab there…. You changed definitions and context….and erected quite a few straw men in your last couple of posts…

…. boil it down and we see that yes, indeed, there is no way you can know that God does not exist…..

So you still believe in the gods of Olympus?
Can you prove they do not exist?

AS,

You know I am not trying to prove or disprove the existence of non-existence of any god. Your post is just a clumsy attempt to change the subject. Won’t work.

The truth remains….

“You cannot KNOW that God does not exist.”

bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Science and religion have to go hand in hand with the mystery, because there’s a certain point beyond which you say, “There are no answers.”

— Ray Bradbury

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
For ease of understanding, and a good laugh, here is a list of countries Anderson is banned from entering:

Australia
Belgium
Botswana
Canada
Czechia*
Denmark*
Estonia*
Finland*
France*
Germany*
Greece*
Iceland*
Ireland
Italy*
Jamaica
Latvia*
Lithuania*
Luxembourg*
Malta*
Malawi
Monaco
The Netherlands
Norway
New Zealand
Poland*
Portugal*
Spain*
Sweden*
South Africa
United Kingdom
What stands out to me about this list of countries is that they would be considered secular in that government and religion don't mix very much. Also notable is that despite that preacher being anti Jewish/anti Semite the country of Israel is not listed. Greece seems to be the only Balkan nation listed. No Moslem nation or any nation in the Americas besides Canada are listed.

You are not correct with the anti-semite comment. You will find a free documentary called Marching to Zion if you are interested in the truth about the lie passed around here. I'm sharing this with you rather than the other man, NVslander, because you seem like someone who is interested in the truth. Am I right?
If you want to know what the man believes, shouldn't you listen to source information? Of course . Trolls post what suits their hatred without regards to veracity. Comments by them get posted to wickedpaedia all of the time. They will never explain the reasons why he is banned by those countries. It's not a secret. It's just been another way to slander anything Christian posted on the forum.
He publicly stated what Jesus Christ Himself said of the Publicans and Pharisees . That made Jesus a lot of enemies too. He has also published hundreds of hours of teaching from the OT in context. He never excluded the books of Moses or the prophets. However, you will find plenty of Rabbis who sadly exchange the true word for the teachings of the Talmud.
The problem with the many of evangelicals, baptists, charismatics, and hebrew roots denominations is that their leadership misinterprets the Abrahamic covenant. Many give celebrity status to the Israeli gt and the people there, but they know nothing about Jews. They do not share the gospel with them, yet they brag about their love for them.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I think I have more in common with the Jews on here than I do with liberal "christianity."

Here's the Abrahamic Covenant.
See Genesis 12:3
Some preachers like Hagee on TV, go so far as to exalt them to the level of not needing to place faith in Jesus. He said that Jesus never claimed to be their Messiah.
There are a lot of reasons that someone who exalts the Israeli gt or people would call him, or lots of people anti-semitic. I can provide a list, but listen to a sermon on the subject and get back to me about it. Then we can have some honest source material for discussion.
This is just one of the maligners who publicly smears Pastor Anderson wherever he talks. The accusations were made and Steven gave his brief answers.
Steven Anderson Exposed! Part 7

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 07/26/21.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Australia
Belgium
Botswana
Canada
Czechia*
Denmark*
Estonia*
Finland*
France*
Germany*
Greece*
Iceland*
Ireland
Italy*
Jamaica
Latvia*
Lithuania*
Luxembourg*
Malta*
Malawi
Monaco
The Netherlands
Norway
New Zealand
Poland*
Portugal*
Spain*
Sweden*
South Africa
United Kingdom

You are not correct with the anti-semite comment. You will find a free documentary called Marching to Zion if you are interested in the truth about the lie passed around here.
If you want to know what the man believes, shouldn't you listen to source information, like his sermons or documentation? Trolls post what suits their hatred without regards to veracity. Comments by them get posted to wickedpaedia all of the time. They will never explain the reasons why he is banned by those countries. It's not a secret. It's just been another way to slander anything Christian posted on the forum.
He publicly stated what Jesus Christ Himself said of the Publicans and Pharisees . That made Jesus a lot of enemies too. He has also published hundreds of hours of teaching from the OT in context. He never excluded the books of Moses or the prophets. However, you will find plenty of Rabbis who sadly exchange the true word for the teachings of the Talmud.
The problem with the many of evangelicals, baptists, charismatics, and hebrew roots denominations is that their leadership misinterprets the Abrahamic covenant. Many give celebrity status to the Israeli gt and the people there, but they know nothing about Jews. They do not share the gospel with them, yet they brag about their love for them.

Some preachers like Hagee on TV, go so far as to exalt them to the level of not needing to place faith in Jesus. He said that Jesus never claimed to be their Messiah.
There are a lot of reasons that someone who exalts the Israeli gt or people would call him, or lots of people anti-semitic. I can provide a list, but listen to a sermon on the subject and get back to me about it. Then we can have some honest source material for discussion.
This is just one of the maligners who publicly smears Pastor Anderson wherever he talks.

For someone who attempts to promote Christianity, you don’t appear very Christian. You are not only myopic in your views, but very critical of anyone not holding to your belief standards.

Maybe you should try repenting yourself, or just give up and try something more to your ability, such as a spelling contest or hopscotch.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

NVgayzer

navel-gazing noun

Synonyms

,😄

Here I am trying to get ready for a long day tomorrow and then I see this post.... makes me smile.....

Anyway, here is another saying that most of us have heard many times before but it is worth repeating.....

"Always remember that you don't know ....what you don't know....... and also remember that what you don't know may be getting ready to bite you in the ass."

That implies that God - which version, evidence, etc - exists. It's also an expression of Parcels Wager, a flawed argument.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
OK H/C, I'll do a little research on whether or not Pastor Steve is an anti Jewish/anti Semite. I am pretty busy these days but I will look into it from the perspective of both sides. I'll check out what Steve has actually said about the holocaust, Israel, and if he puts the blame on Jews for murdering Jesus when it was some Jews and Romans, not all Jews and Romans. I am guessing a good percentage of Jesus' followers were Jewish as were most early Christians before Christianity morphed into what we have presently. I'll also check out the Anti Defamation League assessment of Steve. When I get around to it I am guessing Steve's own words will be most informative.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HitnRun

Australia
Belgium
Botswana
Canada
Czechia*
Denmark*
Estonia*
Finland*
France*
Germany*
Greece*
Iceland*
Ireland
Italy*
Jamaica
Latvia*
Lithuania*
Luxembourg*
Malta*
Malawi
Monaco
The Netherlands
Norway
New Zealand
Poland*
Portugal*
Spain*
Sweden*
South Africa
United Kingdom

You are not correct with the anti-semite comment. You will find a free documentary called Marching to Zion if you are interested in the truth about the lie passed around here.
If you want to know what the man believes, shouldn't you listen to source information, like his sermons or documentation? Trolls post what suits their hatred without regards to veracity. Comments by them get posted to wickedpaedia all of the time. They will never explain the reasons why he is banned by those countries. It's not a secret. It's just been another way to slander anything Christian posted on the forum.

This is just one of the maligners who publicly smears Pastor Anderson wherever he talks.

For someone who attempts to promote Christianity, you don’t appear very Christian. You are not only myopic in your views, but very critical of anyone not holding to your belief standards.

Maybe you should try repenting yourself, or just give up and try something more to your ability, such as a spelling contest or hopscotch.

Do you think I should speak to Hastings less forthrightly?
He approached me first and with a claim that I thought he may be interested in as a truthseeker. It's nearly 2AM and I got up for a few minutes, so maybe I should have worded differently.
Tell me how do you think.a christian should say what I just said? Hmmm?
Please include God's Word in your response, because I'm more interested in His opinion than what is someone's preconceived notion of christianity.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OK H/C, I'll do a little research on whether or not Pastor Steve is an anti Jewish/anti Semite. I am pretty busy these days but I will look into it from the perspective of both sides. I'll check out what Steve has actually said about the holocaust, Israel, and if he puts the blame on Jews for murdering Jesus when it was some Jews and Romans, not all Jews and Romans. I am guessing a good percentage of Jesus' followers were Jewish as were most early Christians before Christianity morphed into what we have presently. I'll also check out the Anti Defamation League assessment of Steve. When I get around to it I am guessing Steve's own words will be most informative.

Fair enough.👍

Feel free to PM if you have trouble finding anything. I might be able to help.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Tell me how do you think.a christian should say what I just said? Hmmm?
Please include God's Word in your response, because I'm more interested in His opinion than what is someone's preconceived notion of christianity.

There is no telling you anything. You can’t tell someone that knows it all anything he doesn’t already know.

If you were interested in God’s word you would listen to him and not be seeking ratification on a site that is built on outdoors and social media.

“Someone’s preconceived notion of Christianity” is nothing more than a pathetic excuse to continue with your sophomoric rants, littered with scripture to give yourself some preconceived notion that you are Christian.

Buy yourself a vacant building somewhere and start your own congregation of preconceived Christians, invite your buddy, the loud mouth pastor to come and clarify “God’s Word” and I will bet after a couple months of sitting at the alter alone with him, you may want to sell the vacant building.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

NVgayzer

navel-gazing noun

Synonyms

,😄

That implies that God - which version, evidence, etc - exists. It's also an expression of Parcels Wager, a flawed argument.

Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

NVgayzer

navel-gazing noun

Synonyms

,😄

Hmm…. What would you consider the flaw in Pascal’s Wager to be?

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

NVgayzer

navel-gazing noun

Synonyms

,😄

Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

NVgayzer

navel-gazing noun

Synonyms

,😄

You may choose the wrong version of God, Brahman instead of Allah....a God who punishes a lack of conviction in the absence of evidence does not value truth, only ego. The morality of eternal damnation over the trivial condition of a lack of conviction, etc, etc...

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

NVgayzer

navel-gazing noun

Synonyms

,😄

Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

NVgayzer

navel-gazing noun

Synonyms

,😄

You may choose the wrong version of God, Brahman instead of Allah....a God who punishes a lack of conviction in the absence of evidence does not value truth, only ego. The morality of eternal damnation over the trivial condition of a lack of conviction, etc, etc...

Yes, I pretty much agree with that. Many Christians would another flaw to the Wager….. the flaw would hinge on how “belief” would be characterized. The Bible states that simple belief in the deity…”God”…. The Father…. Or Jesus is an incomplete probing of what “belief” is. The Bible points out that even demons “believe” in the deity of Jesus and yet are not followers of God…..not heaven bound.

“Belief” is sometimes used to describe something kin to “saving faith.”

Part of the issue is acknowledging one’s own sin and the accepting the “forgiveness gift” of Jesus.

Although I think it is a poor analogy…. I have heard of a person’s salvation as a type of transaction…. “Lord, I admit my sin…please take it…. And give me eternal life in You. Give God your sin and accept His forgiveness.

So, the Wager falls short…

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

659 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1234, 19rabbit52, 56 invisible), 2,890 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,695
Posts18,456,662
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.