Well said bluefish

GoTigersGo
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Maybe her butt glue was on too thick, you insensitive bastids ever think of that???

What is "Butt Glue"?

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by smokepole
I don't get the public celebration of someone else's misfortunes. I don't know her, don't know if she's spoiled, a snowflake, or anything else some have called her but I do know it takes a hell of a lot of determination and hard work to get close to her level in any sport, much less dominate it for a number of years running.

Those dragging her down have no clue what it takes to get there.

Well stated. Such a bitter bunch here...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been watching the Olympics about like MLB this year which is a big zero.
Kneelers trans etc. fug em they can just have at it without me as a viewer
I won't be missed nor will I miss not seeing them.

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I find it disappointing that the US media feels the need to "celebrate her bravery" in coming forward with an excuse of why she's caved under pressure. Katie Ledecky lost in the 200 and 400 meter swim races, but did a gut check and competed and won the 1500. I'm sure she felt all of the same pressure.

As a US society, we've now found it more important to celebrate mental defects and excuses for failure, then to truly rejoice and cheer for those that have overcome those same stresses.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by EdM
I don't get the public celebration of someone else's misfortunes. I don't know her, don't know if she's spoiled, a snowflake, or anything else some have called her but I do know it takes a hell of a lot of determination and hard work to get close to her level in any sport, much less dominate it for a number of years running.

She's kicked serious ass over the years with the, or some of the highest scoring routines ever. And ovetcame the perv Dr too, IIRC.

Like one of the most successful American women athletes?
Not a BLM'r?
Real springy and flexible? Ohhhh.

Hey, if her head ain't in the game, ok, no need to go out and break her neck.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 07/28/21.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Simone Biles has pulled out of the individual competition as well. It's hard to say whether or not there are any real physical issues but psychological problems could manifest physically, I suppose. I would rather have seen her do well. I think it's always better to see the top athletes perform at their best. GD

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
How much will the fees be for a olympic medalist who decided to quit in the middle of this olympics to give speeches about becoming WOKE?

Last edited by org_Rogue_Hunter; 07/28/21.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I really can’t comprehend an Olympic athlete quitting after all the work it took to get there. However, I read that her performance was so bad on the beam or whatever it was, that mathematically the best that the team could do at that point was silver. And another bad performance by her would have pushed them out of that.

Apparently the kid has a lot of issues. If you look at how young these gymnast have to start and how much time they are away from home and all that, Olympic level gymnastics borders on child abuse. But, I don’t think she should be praised for quitting. There was nothing brave about it.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bluefish
A quitter and a loser. You play until you are pulled by the coach or carried off.

A loser? How many olympic golds do you have hanging on your wall?

As far as taking yourself out of the game, if you're hurting or not at your best it's the right thing to do for the team. I saw Peyton Manning cost the Broncos a game here by not taking himself out. Late in the game trailing by a field goal, third and short. If he'd been uninjured he could have easily run for a first down. But he was injured so he couldn't, he ran out of bounds instead. A punt and a loss because he didn't want to come out and the coach didn't have the balls to take him out.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EdM

Exactly.

The same bitter bunch would have been gleefully calling her out if she had failed to reach her normal gold medal standards in the team or individual component had she not withdrawn. This isn't the first high caliber athlete to suddenly stop competing.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
How much will the fees be for a olympic medalist who decided to quit in the middle of this olympics to give speeches about becoming WOKE?

You're an idiot.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Amazing to me how many "Judges" we have here, but then again, I shouldn't be surprised.

Ain't hardly a one of you that could roll over and play dead on the floor let along do a flip on a beam.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
She is old for a gymnast. It's no wonder the physical stress of the sport is catching up to her.

Yep. And she admitted that her body just isn't the same as she's matured. Sometimes it takes the biggest stage to finally admit defeat.

How many of you can relate to the body not being what it once was? I sure can. whistle

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I see the problem being one that has grown out of taking sports, which should be a fun diversion, and turning them into competition where the only goal is winning or being "the best".

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
A quitter and a loser. You play until you are pulled by the coach or carried off.

As far as taking yourself out of the game, if you're hurting or not at your best it's the right thing to do for the team. I saw Peyton Manning cost the Broncos a game here by not taking himself out. Late in the game trailing by a field goal, third and short. If he'd been uninjured he could have easily run for a first down. But he was injured so he couldn't, he ran out of bounds instead. A punt and a loss because he didn't want to come out and the coach didn't have the balls to take him out.

She's a loser because she put herself ahead of the team, Polesmoker. You've never been on a team I guess. Physically can't play we all get. Too much stress don't cut the mustard. You willingly put yourself there knowing what comes with the moment. You can't hack and quit you're a loser for letting the side down.

The way life should be.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

She's a loser because she put herself ahead of the team, Polesmoker. You've never been on a team I guess. Physically can't play we all get. Too much stress don't cut the mustard. You willingly put yourself there knowing what comes with the moment. You can't hack and quit you're a loser for letting the side down.

Actually, as shown above, stepping out was good for the team. Of course all "we" know about it are media reports.

--- Kid Rock 2022

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Maybe her butt glue was on too thick, you insensitive bastids ever think of that???

Could you please explain what butt glue is?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well she must be OK, All of the Hollywood "Woke" crowd is celebrating her..........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

239 members (01Foreman400, 257 mag, 222ND, 35, 300jimmy, 22 invisible), 1,515 guests, and 907 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,719
Posts18,457,159
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.