Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
dukxdog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Who has them and what do you use them for?

Gun Owners of America & NRA Life Member
https://www.facebook.com/BirdDogBunkhouse57442/
"There are a hundred things that can happen at long range and only one of them is good"
BP-B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
A buddy has the 3 wheel Quiet Cat. He picked it up while wandering around an estate sale 2 yrs ago.

A very nice machine that does all that he wants. It’s good in the hills and charges overnight or while taking a nap after the morning hunt.

He rigged up a small trailer to pull behind it that’s low to the ground which makes it easy to carry his deer feeders corn and protein as well as loading and hauling deer out.

This one was like new and I believe that he got it for 2500$.

Don’t know if this helps much for what you are asking.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Im looking at a few makes and models now. I mountain bike a bit but looking for a quiet mode of transportation I can use hunting on mostly remote forest service roads for spring bear, early season archery elk, deer and grouse and some remote lakes trout fishing. Getting too old to get elk or deer out on mountain bike. lol

get a cart to help in pack out.

Possibly use sharptail and hun hunting to access some areas.

Still in the research phase but quiet cat is a contender. They're difficult to find in stock now.

Last edited by ribka; 03/21/21.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by dukxdog
Sacrilege to PaulB!!! laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I haven't bought one yet but I'm thinking about getting a Rad Power bike their Version V model.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Not sure the models 2 of my buddies use but they use them to ride into areas they coyote hunt around these huge eastern NC fields. They bomb the coyotes here. Must be quiet I guess....

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Rad Power. Need a bike carrier rated for 65 pounds per bike because they are heavy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just bought a Diamondback Response a month ago, dang it makes riding fun again. Swapped some better off road tires on it. Man the thing gits! Best part is with the speed you can maintain going uphill on a trail makes riding uphill challenging like going downhill usually does. Caught me off-guard carrying too much speed into a switchback. I mainly use it for hauling gear for trail maintenance, my retirement volunteer job. There aren't too many options for using them to hunt around here. It's nice to ride in 3-4 miles uphill with 30+ pounds of tools and still have energy left to work on the trail. Quite often I'll pull traditional mountain bikers up a long a incline. I bought the hard tail instead of full suspension to be able to haul weight/tools. The front shock is great for smoothing out rough trails. I'm working on a new rack that can carry a chainsaw a couple other tools and saddle bag(s). Trek Powerfly 4 would have been fine also but couldn't find one in stock. The two bikes listed are about 50lb. Not too heavy to load in the back of the truck. Give one a test drive, lots of bike shops rent them.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would not buy an electric bike but if I had a spare 1,500 I would snag a one wheel..........

Dave

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
i have a quiet kat three wheeler. it is good on level but hills stop it cold, not enough wt on the drive wheel, so the wheel just spins.

IC B3

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Have a Trek. Makes keeping up with the Grandkids a breeze.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been watching a youtube channel of a guy who focuses on electric bikes. There are 3 types of kits you can buy to convert a regular bike to an electric bike. Chain, mid drive and direct drive

The cheapest is a chain drive kit. You can get one for about $125 and can go all the way up to a direct drive kit like Trek bike shown on this thread for several hundred dollars.

I installed an 80cc 2 stroke kit on the bike last year and it was fun to play around with but not very practical. However I think an electric bike is a much better option for speed and is quiet.

Last edited by KFWA; 07/28/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No idea why, but the Trek is governed to a limit of 18mph. It’s kind of a PITA when coasting downhill. It literally brakes to slow you down. The bike isn’t fully electric. It’s peddle assisted,

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bet it makes hills pretty easy though. I don't know if they all are governed or not. I have seen some 40mph claims on eBikes.

Last edited by KFWA; 07/28/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You're correct. Hills are no longer a problem, and even at 18mph, I can keep up with this crew!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by dukxdog

- Exercise!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got one.. Like it a lot..Going to use it predator calling this winter..Slip in nice and quiet like.. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one that I built it is pretty custom, it has a front motor and a rear one which makes it an all wheel drive, it has two batteries that I can either set for extra power or extra range. I have it set up as a motorcycle throttle for the rear motor and a thumb throtle "ATV style" for the front motor, it really comes in handy when you hit loose sand or gravel and hills and also saved me from taking a dive when you are sliding or skiding or about to take a fall it pulls you back into control. It has a 60 mile range and does 40 MPH I use it to go further into the woods than I ever thought possible which has really expanded my horizions.Plus you gotta love those fat 4.5 inch tires that and a cushy seat and I am all set to go.

Dean

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
689 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 160user, 117LBS, 1badf350, 12344mag, 75 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,689
Posts18,399,819
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.