Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Went up to the deer place to do some bush hogging today. 15 year old battery may have given up the ghost but that is another matter. As normal it did not start when I tried to turn it over so I grabbed my jump box and popped the hood...and they say fat men with two store bought knees can not run. I had wasp spray in the truck so I dosed their hinneys real good and went on about my day. Got back to the barn and there were more buzzing angrily about the two nest I pulled out from under the hood, I got the lead on them and knocked them down but dang they was mad...

I keep one of those high dollar injector thingies in the truck too, I am allergic.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lowes sometimes run their wasp spray for $1 a can

I buy 2-3 cases.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I need two cases. Got em bad.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

I buy 2-3 cases.

Be careful! The $1 can says 25ft spray.. Maybe 5ft on a good day.

😂🤣

I hate those big orange wasps. Never been bit. But they look mean.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Wasps are beneficial insects.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Cheap carb cleaner kills deader and quicker than anything I have seen except maybe gasoline.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
My wife just got stung on one of her fingers by a red wasp while watering her flowers. Ouch

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
25' Wasp and hornet killer ................better than mace or pepper spray.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those big SE red bastards are pretty mean. They’ll kamikazee your azz from pretty decent range.

Still, they don’t quite compare to yella jackets. YJ’s and fire ants share the title to the biggest azzholes in the insect world.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife got nailed by three today right on the face. We were working some fence and she happened on an angry nest in the corral panel.

She's a tough gal, her face looks like she went three rounds with Tyson, right eye is almost closed; but she's still smilin'. Tougher than me by a mile.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Theys are the devils spawn.

Them and yellow jackets.

I've got a spot that's been burning for a week after them phuggers boiled outta the ground. I soaked em in diesel and let them burn.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Gave a nest inside a control box hole 3 days ago 3 good blast with some kylon matte black.
They werent digging it at all.
Not a single one came out.

Aint seen any activity since.

Last edited by renegade50; 07/27/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Their little preying mantis swivel heads all got 3 coats of krylon

lol

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Still, they don’t quite compare to yella jackets. YJ’s and fire ants share the title to the biggest azzholes in the insect world.

Had a young ex con helping clean up some storm downed trees and weed eating around the stumps a couple of years ago. Wife looked out the window and saw him with his t-shirt pulled off flapping and whipping it about as he hightailed it across the front yard at a pretty good clip, he dived off into the big ditch on the other side and you could hear him crashing and cussing as he went out of sight and hearing...

I went to check on the site of the action and the weed eater was still running where he had dropped it, completely covered in yellowjackets, and a cloud of them keeping a high level fighter canopy over it...

I left it well enough alone and went after the kid, found him about a mile down the road still headed back to the hood. He looked like he had been run through a sausage mill, he was not even coming back to get his money. I dropped him off at his girlfriends place and never saw him again...

I got some stuff from a outfit in GA that mails out insecticides and it has a can of spray heavier than air that you dose the hole at night with, and some powder you sprinkle around the hole. That stuff will get 'em.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WAM
Cheap carb cleaner kills deader and quicker than anything I have seen except maybe gasoline.

Surprisingly Berryman’s B12 has no effect on them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This stuff works.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Have killed bees with sprays, carb cleaner, br ape clean, gas, diesel, flames...

Kibosh turns them off like a light.
I wouldn't be afraid to stand under a nest being sprayed.
It's actually kinda scary.
The stuff hits them, they just turn off.

Not sure where to source it besides industrial supply places.
And it's expensive, I only use it where I really need them dead.
If it's somewhere that I can deal with a few cripples, the cheap stuff
is ok.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Big old black and Yellow Bumble bees nest in the ground and if you disturb their nest they'll be pissed. Diesel will quiet them down.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by slumlord

I buy 2-3 cases.

I have a can I've had for 10 years. Not lowes though. I got the good stuff, I guess.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i had an old CJ that got used occasionally as a stump puller more or less. went to move it one day and as i was backing it up i felt something crawling on my bare leg. looked down and my crotch was covered by bumble bees that were pouring out of a crack in the seat. i rolled out of that fugger and it leapfrogged off in low gear low range until it ran up on a stump. i ran around swatting and yelling and getting bit the hell and back. meanwhile the old man is standing there looking at me wondering wtf i was doing. when i flipped the seat up, the whole underneath was a nest.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
these bad boys have taken up residence at my hummingbird feeder. I looked them up , they are called Baldfaced Hornets. I kinda like 'em

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

232 members (360bull, 1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 416RigbyHunter, 264mag, 1beaver_shooter, 36 invisible), 1,464 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,448
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.