Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
One can leave partial fingerprints behind wearing thin blue or semi-clear latex gloves, if one grips something hard enough. It isn't oil residue from your bare hand, but rather the major ridges on your fingers can press hard enough on the inside of the glove to leave traces of impurities on the gloves behind in the ridge pattern. As for those who say the gloves are clean when they come out of the box, they have a fine powder on them so they don't stick together. Also, as soon as you touch something, they have residue on them.

Thin suede leather or medium weight cotton gloves (think of the gloves art dealers and museum curators wear when handling artifacts and statues) can't leave finger ridge marks behind. They can leave DNA behind, so wear latex gloves under them.

Just food for thought......

BP-B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Paging Col. Askins...........

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Quite a few posters here regularly murder the English language!

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
A census taker tested me once.....

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Quite a few posters here regularly murder the English language!

Guilty as charged.
I have been called out by the Spelling Nazi's more times than I can count.
Oh Well,
I was not much good in English in school and do not really care what people think about it.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of my best friends did ten years on a murder 2 beef.

Shootout that he won, what sunk him was the coup de grace round.

Few years ago the prosecutor whom he became friends with told him new evidence had the deceased telling people he was gonna kill my friend. Had that been available at trial he stood a good chance of getting off on self defense. Wtf says I ? Him shooting at you wasn’t enough for self defense.

He was raised a farm boy much like me, you put an animal out of its misery rather than prolong its suffering.

But the jurors felt once he’d shot the guy through the lungs he should have called an ambulance rather than administer the head shot that ceased his assailants suffering. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
In a Biblical sense, there are likely scads of us guilty as hell.

"Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him." (1John 3:15)

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Neighbor of a good friend in New Mexico shot his then-wife’s lover, served eleven years in jail, says if he had it to do over he’d give the guy $50 and wish him good luck.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Savuti
Paging Col. Askins...........

Not a guy to dare to shoot you.

The good Colonel liked shooting people, or simply was not in the least hesitant about it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I murdered some hot wings at Taco Mac last Sunday

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
One of my best friends did ten years on a murder 2 beef.

Shootout that he won, what sunk him was the coup de grace round.

Few years ago the prosecutor whom he became friends with told him new evidence had the deceased telling people he was gonna kill my friend. Had that been available at trial he stood a good chance of getting off on self defense. Wtf says I ? Him shooting at you wasn’t enough for self defense.

He was raised a farm boy much like me, you put an animal out of its misery rather than prolong its suffering.

But the jurors felt once he’d shot the guy through the lungs he should have called an ambulance rather than administer the head shot that ceased his assailants suffering. 🤷🏻‍♂️

You knew Claude Dallas?
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
4 older guys I grew up around in the neighborhood and looked after my brother and I were involved in an incident where a life was taken. Two of them did time for the killing (murder 2). Four convicted on different charges from the same incident, though only one did the killing (large knife). Two others participated in the beating and 1 didn't take part and actually tried to save the victim by stemming the blood pouring out of many stab wounds in an effort to save the kid. Stabbing was of an Iranian national attending BU who was with a buddy on the street during the Iran hostage crisis ('80, I think) and these local kids thought it their patriotic duty or something to teach these kids a lesson. Poor judgement all around, but in teenage years with a belly full of booze and your friends to impress, well, shyt can happen that will be regretted for a lifetime.

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/428655925/

The other, a demented bastard who used to with his brother bully my brother and me, often using fire, set out with a plan to lure a gay guy into taking him for a ride one fine evening with the intent of robbing and killing him. He succeeded on both counts. Ended up with a murder 1 conviction at the age of 17.

https://www.wbur.org/news/2019/07/23/greg-diatchenko-parole-violation-hearing

Last one was a man 1 who did 7 and change in the state pen for running down his ex GF's current lover with a sedan after beating him badly in a bar fight. He's the guy who I bought my black Kawi GPz 1000 from about ten years ago.

All white on white crime, BTW. Ah, the good old days... wink

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I put the laugh in manslaughter.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
My brother was in the joint for a while for killing a drug dealer at a party. I was adopted so I didn’t know him back then. Clean and sober, great job, owns a house etc now. He’s the poster boy for “just say no.”

Shake your Brothers hand and tell him thanks for me.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From tumblr, if anyone here needs ideas

Hiding Dead Bodies

The first thing you need to know about hiding dead bodies is what dead bodies are like. They stink, they attract flies/mushrooms/other decomposers, decomposition gases make them bloat, and rotting down to the skeleton takes anywhere from a week (hot, humid climates) to several years (cold, arid climates).

The second thing you need to know is how other people – e.g. law enforcement – find bodies. They use cadaver dogs (specifically trained to find corpses), evidence (a dockside security camera that recorded someone tossing a body into a river), or plain old sleuthing (noticing freshly turned soil).

The third thing: all the things you shouldn’t do. DO NOT leave the body uncovered, let cameras or recording devices of any sort see you dealing with the body, let eyewitnesses see you with the body, tell people where it is, or keep it in an area familiar to you.

TECHNIQUES

Dissolving in Acid

Dissolving a body in acid seems like a foolproof way to hide a body. After all, there will be nothing left! That’s not true. If you are using sodium hydroxide – commonly known as lye and which is technically a base. not an acid – after a few days the body will be reduced to brownish sludge and brittle bones that will break if you press on them. So then you have to dispose of that mess and scrub/get rid of the container you used to dissolve the body. Lye itself is also dangerous. It is a very caustic and direct contact with it will give you severe chemical burns or blind you if it gets in your eye. Its fumes are also toxic. On the other hand, lye is an inexpensive drain cleaner, which makes it readily available in large quantities and explainable if the police find it in your tub.

Burial

This is the oldest trick in the book. Dig a hole, bury the stiff, and walk away whistling. Nowadays, due to advances in crime-solving techniques, burying a body is a much more difficult process. Firstly, the pit needs to be the right depth. Digging a pit is hard manual labor – no matter what Supernatural and its perfect rectangular holes make you think – so the biggest problem most have is digging a grave that’s too shallow. A shallow grave means the soil will erode or the rain will wash it away or some scavenger will dig it up. The pit should be at least 6 ft (2 m) deep. Be sure to scrape some leaf litter or garbage over it to make the newly overturned soil less obvious. Don’t bury the body if you strike water within a few feet or meters of digging. Burying a body in the water table will poison the water and someone will investigate the source. One great trick is burying a body 6 to 10 ft (2-3 m) underneath the body of a large, dead animal like a dog or deer. The cadaver dogs will bark and the police will break out the shovels, find the dead animal, and think the cadaver dog had a false positive.

Burning

Burning bodies stink. They don’t smell like a steak on the barbecue or pork in the oven. They smell disgusting. Read some survivor tales of the Nazi death camps if you don’t believe me. If you’re burning bodies, someone is going to notice. Plus, there will be a giant smoke tower (with BLACK smoke, not the light grey kind that someone will mistake for a bonfire). Burning a body doesn’t even get rid of it. Organs are so full of liquid that they almost never burn completely. Burning a body literally to ashes – like in cremation – requires a very powerful crematorium, one that can cook bodies at almost 2000° F (1100° C) for about three hours. The best way of disposing of bodies by burning is to drop them into the middle of a raging wildfire or something.

Wood Chipper

Don’t do it unless you have no connection to the wood chipper, the wood chipper’s location, or the wood chipper’s owner. The blood splatter will be impossible to erase and – congratulations – now you have one thousand tiny bits of corpse to pick up rather than one big one.

Consumption

The last method I have for disposing of dead bodies will be very familiar to anyone who has seen Silence of the Lambs or Hannibal. However, I am not advising that you eat the evidence yourself. Domestic pigs will eat just about anything, including meat. Have starving wolves in your neighborhood? That will do it, too. (Don’t let flies rend the body alone, though. The presence or absence of certain flies and their maggots are powerful tools in determining the time of death.) If you somehow got away with the wood chipper, you could go fishing and use the flesh as chum to lure fish in. Or, I suppose, you could use larger chunks to go shark fishing. (The highly aggressive bull shark is conveniently located in the Mississippi River, Zambezi River, Amazon River and its tributaries, most of Australia’s rivers, the Ganges, and Lake Nicaragua if you can’t get to the ocean. Also, piranhas in the Amazon.) No one is going to look for a body in a mako shark’s belly.

LOCATIONS

Cemetery

This would work rather nicely. A cemetery is full of dead things to begin with. The cadaver dogs would stop at every other plot. The best idea would be to find a freshly-dug grave, dig it up again, pop your body in with the other unfortunate soul, and fill in the hole. That justifies the bare soil and the dead smell the police will find when they come looking.

Water

Bodies fill up with gas when they decompose. This means they will float to the surface of a body of water if not otherwise secured. Tie the body to a cinder block or iron before tossing them into the water. Remember that the police can dredge a body of water they suspect a body of being in. (A dredge is a machine that gathers up sediments and brings them to the surface.) The police can also send divers and place nets at the mouths of rivers and streams to catch any bodies floating past. The easiest way to avoid both is to sink the corpse in the ocean at a depth humans dive to. Anything past the continental shelf should be good, but here is the maximum depth a human diver has achieved (for reference): 1,044 ft (318 m). Anything past any continental shelf would be international waters anyway, and that could hinder or help an official investigation.

Swamp

Swamps stink. They have water. Stuff decomposes there like no one’s business. You might think it’s ideal. And, for the most part, swamps are good. Most can’t be dredged (unless the ground is solid or the waterway big enough to support a dredge mounted on a boat) and the water is murky (hindering divers). In tropical locations, the body would decompose quickly. However, DO NOT under any circumstances bury anything you want to disappear in a peat bog. The Tollund Man was killed sometime around the 4th century BC and tossed into a peat bog. When he was found in 1950 AD, he was so well-preserved that the police thought he was a recent murder victim. Say no to peat bogs.

A Cold Place

Seasonally cold (the British Isles, most of northern Europe, New Zealand, the Continental United States = Seeing as seasonal cold weather is sort of a neutral zone – not too hot, not too cold – hiding a body in this environment is sort of meh. It’ll decompose quickly in the summer if in a humid climate and freeze in the winter if in a frigid climate. Use the permanently cold or either of the hot place notes, depending on the season.

Permanently cold (Siberia, Alaska, Antarctica, Northern Canada) = look up Ötzi the Iceman and mummified woolly mammoths dug out of Siberian snow banks. Cold means an absence of flesh-eating organisms, like maggots. Cold also slows or completely stops the body’s bacteria from decomposition, resulting in a mummified body that could last thousands of years. However, if you did dispose of a corpse in Siberia, I don’t think you would need to worry about anyone finding it. Siberia has a population density of 3 people per square mile – but really less than that, considering 70% of its people live in cities.

A Hot Place

Hot + humid (like a rainforest) = good. The body will decay faster and have a larger number of organisms feasting on it. The body – except the bones – might disappear within a week. If you did stash a body in a rainforest, it would be nigh on impossible to find amongst all that foliage. On the other hand, it’ll start to stink very quickly.

Hot + arid (like a desert) = not so good. The heat will mummify the bodies like the pharaohs of Egypt. Burying a body in sand isn’t a good idea, either. Sand erodes faster than soil. Sand dunes themselves move more than three feet each year and they aren’t kind enough to take the body with them.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A guy I used to hang out with, even dated his sister a couple of times. I'll find more info on him when I get home from work.

Here.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
btw, I'm sure I got someone's attention at NSA for doing that google search

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
“I’ve still got the Shovel”.

A little Movie Trivia for y’all

Gunsmith on Shooter

Yep. Played by Levon Helm. Drummer for “The Band”

Also played Loretta Lynn’s father in Coal Miners Daughter which is one of my favorite movies.
Also,In the Electric Mist and Fire Down Below as the preacher.

Levon singing “you’ll never again be mine” on “the lost notebooks of Hank Williams is awesome.

No idea why but I’m a huge fan of his acting and music.

Helm portrayed Confederate General John Bell Hood in “Into The Electric Mist”

The one Fort Hood in TX is named for.

He also played a blind Rancher in another good Tommy Lee Jones flic. “The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada”

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by the_shootist
In a Biblical sense, there are likely scads of us guilty as hell.

"Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him." (1John 3:15)

Yes but remember GOD told Cain it was his choice to give in to that evil or not. That he could reject it.

Of course we will get angry with each other. It’s really what you do with it.....

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You mean for real, or the hundred times I strangled some idiot in my head?

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
464 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 48 invisible), 2,036 guests, and 968 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,143
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.