-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I drink a lot of water. A chitload of water.

Out tap isn't the greatest and I'm fussy about water so we get 5 gallon jugs delivered to the house.

It's the best tasting water I've found. Local place, $7 for a 5 gallon. I get 25-30 gallons, twice a month during the summer.

Never thought about it until now but it is sort of expensive.

Every night fill my 36oz stainless jugs and stick em in the fridge.

Need to buy another jug. Hate to use the plastic, sometimes a funky taste no to mention all the waste.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
Anyone know how many of those plastic bottles are being recycled ? My guess would be 10-15 percent.

We burn our garbage

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Our city water tastes like chlorine so bad, I wouldn't drink any if I didn't buy spring water. I can't even make hot tea with our tap water.

Last edited by reivertom; 07/27/21.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Out tap isn't the greatest and I'm fussy about water so we get 5 gallon jugs delivered to the house.

It's the best tasting water I've found. Local place, $7 for a 5 gallon. I get 25-30 gallons, twice a month during the summer.

Need to buy another jug. Hate to use the plastic, sometimes a funky taste no to mention all the waste.

Don't you guys have regional rural water? Usually that is pretty good stuff, better than well water any ways.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
Anyone know how many of those plastic bottles are being recycled ? My guess would be 10-15 percent.

We burn our garbage

You got neighbors?

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Have a place in the UP water is the best water I've ever tasted....get it tested once a year they say" you cannot get any better" to has a 70 gallon per hour flow.....first time I had it tested they thought I gave them distilled water it was so pure...... .bring it back down state what were need when were there......have "city water" there its OK for city folks but not me only use it to take a shower......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by reivertom
Our city water tastes like chlorine so bad, I wouldn't drink any if I didn't buy spring water. I can't even make hot tea with our tap water.

since my first house, I have put a whole house water filter on and an osmosis 2 stage filter at the sink.

If you drink that water - which actually can be bad for you if you don't supplement with natural minerals - or drink well water, its very apparent to you how chlorinated your local water is, you can smell it from the tap.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well at our house, with filtration, softener, and UV light system. Its about the best water I've ever had in a residence.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you're really concerned - send your water off to Ward Labs. They'll do a full analysis. It's the lab all the home brewers I know use.

Beer people who are particular about the beer they make tend to be water nerds. Start with RO and "build" what the style calls for.

Me

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

water is free in Utah this week......and next too

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Teal
If you're really concerned - send your water off to Ward Labs. They'll do a full analysis. It's the lab all the home brewers I know use.

Beer people who are particular about the beer they make tend to be water nerds. Start with RO and "build" what the style calls for.

that is exactly what i do. walmart 39 cents a gallon, bring your own jug.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
300 Pages on the subject.

Me

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Before I'd ever seen a bottle of water, I read a Newsweek article on water taste.

The experts picked New York City tap water as the best.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Before I'd ever seen a bottle of water, I read a Newsweek article on water taste.

The experts picked New York City tap water as the best.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson

We go through 5 gallons a day.

Its a little unded a buck a gallon.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jim,
That drinking or all consumption.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Now that the subject has sort of turned to wells......what is the best in-home filter if you have a high magnesium content in your water?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Wife brings me anything that ain't a Fiji and she gets a right cross in return.

Dang!

$32 for 6 - 11.2 oz bottles at Walmart. That's it! My wife is getting a second GD job!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fiji-Nat...6f71c6ab98ff5544d866e82&gclsrc=3p.ds

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The US hasn't seen a fraction of the problems that there are in Asia from bottles. Their water's so dirty that everyone drinks bottled water and they end up making the water worse than before. Talk about crapping in your bed...

[Linked Image from i2.wp.com]

[Linked Image from gdb.voanews.com]

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I've done this every 3 months for the past 3 years. Pour chlorine in, frop some spa tabs in, run it til it smells in each facet or tap, let sit for three days, flush. Water is good for a month or so but always goes bad again.

Thinking about setting up direct clorine injection into the well and then have a whole house clorine filter down line. I need to chlorinate it constantly for a few spore cycles. Old timers say it always comes back.

Bb

How long ago was it infected?

The bacteria attach to the sand grains and rocks in the surrounding aquifer, no doubt. The flow is from the aquifer to the well point. There are probably many places where the bacteria can find shelter from the chlorine.

It was infected 3 years ago when it was first drilled. Driller left casings laying in the mud, pulled and changed the pump with dirty hands etc and never once sterilized it or bleached it.

Bb

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

444 members (1_deuce, 219DW, 17CalFan, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 50 invisible), 2,407 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,491
Posts18,452,102
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.