Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
(Some days we just have to have a thread that doesn't involve bad news.)

Braggin' on the nephew and his ball team. Under 15 team, just played in a traveling tournament in the Chicago area, Crystal Lake or some such. His team from SoCal, others from Cali, the Illinois area, and two from Puerto Rico.

Double elimination, his team swept, no losses. He did pretty good, second day he got on base, stole second, went to third on an overthrow, then scored. Scored 2x in the next game that day. Scored a couple more times in the next day or so. Not bad when some days he only played 3 innings so some of the other kids would get a chance to play.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My sister, his dad, and an older sister all went. The Chicago Dogs gave the winners a bus trip to today's game, tickets, I think they got hot dogs and drink too. And a parade around the warning track, his team in the all red leading the way, nephew is #21 up near the front.:

As an added bonus, Roger Clemens was there, son Kacy was playing. The kids all got to meet and get an autograph.

Kids in the lower left of the stands, Clemens in the center with his family I guess:

All in all, my sister says it was a great trip except for dealing with a teenage boy at times shocked

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Congrats proud Uncle!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Yessir.....that kid is having a ball! Congrats to him!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
(Some days we just have to have a thread that doesn't involve bad news.)

We had one in 2018. Don't overdo it!

Just kidding. Congrats to the boy, and you have every reason to be proud!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congrats!
Bet that was great to watch!

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
congratulations to him and the family

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Congrats, something positive to be proud of.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The nice thing about bragging’ on nephews is we get to brag, while our brother or sister did most of the work raising that kid right grin

Congrats anyway 🙂

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Good stuff, Geno.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
The nice thing about bragging’ on nephews is we get to brag, while our brother or sister did most of the work raising that kid right grin

Congrats anyway 🙂

Oh Mike, my sister has had some wonderful dealings with him lately. 16 YO male full of that testosterone rush of pending manhood! His two older sisters probably seem easy to her now, and one was quite a handful as a kid. I know, I took them to the aquarium at Scripps in San Diego when she was about 5. Needed a leash for that one.

The rest of you folks, thanks.

River Rider, I'll be sure to give it a two year rest before I post another good news thread. whistle

Oh, we're all hoping he goes Big League and makes millions to spread around the family! Left handed and he pitches pretty good in his HS league. I think he just played center field in this tourney though.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Congrats anyway 🙂

Oh Mike, my sister has had some wonderful dealings with him lately. 16 YO male full of that testosterone rush of pending manhood! His two older sisters probably seem easy to her now, and one was quite a handful as a kid. I know, I took them to the aquarium at Scripps in San Diego when she was about 5. Needed a leash for that one.

The rest of you folks, thanks.

River Rider, I'll be sure to give it a two year rest before I post another good news thread. whistle

Oh, we're all hoping he goes Big League and makes millions to spread around the family! Left handed and he pitches pretty good in his HS league. I think he just played center field in this tourney though.

No worries, I brag on my own nephews all the time 😎

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,875 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,350
Posts18,468,852
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.