Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Hubert
I had it now I love to eat raw cucumbers .

[Linked Image from media0.giphy.com]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
BP-B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by dpd
My wife and I had it in April. We both lost our taste and smell for nearly a month. Our taste and smell is still not back to normal.

You can lose your sense of smell/taste from a sinus infection. You can also lose it from taking some antibiotics and it can be permanent.

It's funny you mention that because I developed a horrific sinus infection (first in my life) and it required antibiotics to knock it back.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dec 2019 and Jan 2020. 6 weeks of crap. No real loss of taste or smell, but everything else. Finally settled deep in my lungs. Doxycycline and some other meds to finally kick that part.
Covid really sucks for those that get it bad, and of course for those that die. 99%+ do fine

Sam......

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Well, I have Covid at the current moment. In fact I just returned from the Hospital.....they pumped me full of drugs yesterday and kept me overnight for observation, but couldn't find a bed for me at the Main hospital....so I signed myself out.

Funny thing, I had lost all taste and smell with the onset of symptoms.....just noticed the faint smell of the Irish Spring soap as I was taking a shower! Made a cup of coffee and yep, can slightly taste it....hope things improve!

Frog----OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by frogman43
Well, I have Covid at the current moment. In fact I just returned from the Hospital.....they pumped me full of drugs yesterday and kept me overnight for observation, but couldn't find a bed for me at the Main hospital....so I signed myself out.

Funny thing, I had lost all taste and smell with the onset of symptoms.....just noticed the faint smell of the Irish Spring soap as I was taking a shower! Made a cup of coffee and yep, can slightly taste it....hope things improve!

Frog----OUT!

well at least you finally took a bath. lol

glad you are home. Give Cocoa Beans an extra treat

Sam......

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I should have known this would be dick bait.

I'll be more specific. I don't like the taste of bacon or onions anymore. I like the taste of fresh tomatoes and pork rinds now.

It was just the opposite before.

Pat, i get what you're saying. however is what you are describing absolutely attributed to Covid? the same thing happened to me afte a surgery. food I liked I cant stand the taste of now, and food I hated I absolutely love now.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Frog----OUT!

Hope it clears up quick for you with no lasting bs. I’m still buggered up from the wuhan and it’s been 4.5 months. Fortunately i didn’t lose my sense of taste or smell 👍🏻

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Wife and I had it fairly bad just prior to it's existence[Dec/19-Jan/20].
Late Jan we were both feeling mucho better and as our sense of smell/taste and appetite returned we made the mistake of getting a 8 piece dinner at KFC to share........

Neither of us have ate any fried chicken since, formally one of my favorites.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I should have known this would be dick bait.

I'll be more specific. I don't like the taste of bacon or onions anymore. I like the taste of fresh tomatoes and pork rinds now.

It was just the opposite before.

Pat, i get what you're saying. however is what you are describing absolutely attributed to Covid? the same thing happened to me afte a surgery. food I liked I cant stand the taste of now, and food I hated I absolutely love now.

Yes. Everything but the basics...sugar, salt, etc., tastes and smells different. I can't say it's better or worse...just different.

It's really weird. Even I don't smell like me anymore.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Seriously. Please don't tell us about how it's all bullshit. We get it...it's a political football.

I had it a year ago this month. As far as I can tell, the biggest changes are in my taste. Some stuff I used to like tastes foul and some things I didn't like taste good. Have any of you experienced changes in your taste?

I had it November 2020 never felt like I ran a fever, headache ears plugged and body ached. Ears still feel plugged at times. Otherwise no lingering effects

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I had something in octoberish 2019. coughing worse than any I ever experienced before. Not productive cough, dry and basically if it started it wouldnt stop til i gagged or got light headed. That lasted for like two months.

End of sept 2020 one sunday after church had a sinus headache. Monday woke up full of snot, hot shower loosened it up and made me feel better. Tues was little better and weds felt almost back to normal. Came home weds for lunch and the doritos tasted like someone licked all the seasoning off of them. Then tried a peppermint stick and couldnt taste it. Tested my sniffer on a botle of tinks 69 and couldnt smell it. Got tested and came back positive that fri. Taste came back that sunday along with smell. I felt a little less energy for a few days and i got pretty winded just walking 100yds to the mailbox and back. Kept me from going elk hunting in CO though. I was scared if I was getting winded in SC that CO mountains might be tough. I feel fine now and no known lingering effects.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I’m a survivor . I don’t recall change in taste or smell.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I lost my sense of smell which was funny because I always laughed at people that said similar.

I didn’t realize it until I was schitting one morning.

LOL

Sorry for this, someone had to.

In September I got sick. Hit in the head with a hammer,
weekend in bed, ass dragging Monday and Tuesday to work.
Tuesday afternoon I took a dump. And realized I hadn't really
smelled or tasted anything for days.

Called doc, got the "special room appt".
Chippy little girl guessed a sinus infection.
Left it up to me on testing.
I trusted her, didn't want the BS taking a test would bring on the family.

Did I have it?
Know several confirmed cases that mirror my experience.
But a lot dont.

Still can't smell or taste very well.

Anything sulphur smells and/or tastes funny.
Any hard boiled egg food is weird.
Tried to eat some cat,
Tasted like a raw clam.
Oreos are inedible. Used to love them.
Now, they taste fishy.

I can't distinguish good from spoiled.
Tried some peanut butter. Tasted like ammonia.
Wife claims it's fine.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 07/29/21.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My wife and all 3 girls had it back in January '21
They all lost their taste and smell
Wife still says that some food taste a little different now

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Frog----OUT!

What symptom had you go to the hospital?

D
dpd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've had plenty sinus infections. I've never lost my taste and smell completely from them. I had absolutely nothing. I thought it was BS also till it happened to me.

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Wife had it in December. She spent 4 days in the hospital with pneumonia. 4 doses of Remdisever cleared her up.

She can';t drink soft drinks from a can anymore. She can taste the metal.

That's the only side affect she has had.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by toad
I caught it in mid November. Taste is about 50%, but some things now taste like gasoline mixed with mineral spirits. Toothpaste is one.
I have still only smelled a few things. Mostly obnoxious chemical smells.

I have the same experience, Toad. All soap smells like industrial chemicals to me now. Taste is mostly back, but some things don’t taste the same. Smell is still all screwed up. It’s been 6 months since I had it.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Had it in April. Fever, chills, pneumonia, lost taste but not smell. I am 100% now and don't have any lingering symptoms. It was annoying for about a month after my main symptoms ended I had post nasal drip. My sinuses were like a faucet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If your still alive after the madness of the last couple of years you should be considered a corvid survivor.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
416 members (10ring1, 1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 42 invisible), 2,109 guests, and 919 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,594
Posts18,398,021
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.