Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by dpd
My wife and I had it in April. We both lost our taste and smell for nearly a month. Our taste and smell is still not back to normal.

You can lose your sense of smell/taste from a sinus infection. You can also lose it from taking some antibiotics and it can be permanent.

BP-B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by dpd
My wife and I had it in April. We both lost our taste and smell for nearly a month. Our taste and smell is still not back to normal.

You can lose your sense of smell/taste from a sinus infection. You can also lose it from taking some antibiotics and it can be permanent.

Yep. And you forgot dying. Dying can fughk up your sense of smell.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There was no test for covid so you coulda very well had the flu

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by dpd

Yep. And you forgot dying. Dying can fughk up your sense of smell.

Lmfao

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
acy Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I should have known this would be dick bait.

I'll be more specific. I don't like the taste of bacon or onions anymore. I like the taste of fresh tomatoes and pork rinds now.

It was just the opposite before.

If you no longer like the taste of bacon, are you really sure you're still alive? 🙂

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Seriously. Please don't tell us about how it's all bullshit. We get it...it's a political football.

I had it a year ago this month. As far as I can tell, the biggest changes are in my taste. Some stuff I used to like tastes foul and some things I didn't like taste good. Have any of you experienced changes in your taste?

Scarey. How about puzzy? You still like puzzy. Thats what im worried about.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Lt. Pat;
Good evening sir, I hope that other than your taste and smell not being dialed in that you and yours are well.

To be clear this was a local news story and no, even the local station isn't non-political, but anyways they had a lady on who was a chef that ran her own restaurant with your issue.

She said it'd really buggered her up because she couldn't make her old "standby" dishes with confidence anymore as she couldn't tell if they tasted right or not.

Hers was - as I recall - the same as you're experiencing in that both taste and smell hadn't come back "normal" after more than half a year.

Of course the docs had no clue as this is all new to everyone.

All the best with that issue sir - it'd be a bugger for those who like to cook and eat for sure.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Did the 'fire pull through for you Pat???

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seriously. Please don't tell us about how it's all bullshit. We get it...it's a political football.

I had it a year ago this month. As far as I can tell, the biggest changes are in my taste. Some stuff I used to like tastes foul and some things I didn't like taste good. Have any of you experienced changes in your taste?

I haven't had Covid but my sense of taste went all funky immediately after getting the Pfizer shot.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

I still like red headed women.... grin Some folks say that's "bad taste"...

Last edited by okie; 07/28/21.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

I'll be more specific. I don't like the taste of bacon or onions anymore. I like the taste of fresh tomatoes and pork rinds now.

So, Covid fixed you up, huh? Well, except for the bacon. Dayom. I better get the vax. Crap.

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I had it over Christmas last year. Taste and smell because dulled but never fully lost them. Was short of breath just lying in bed for a couple days. Started taking liquid Ivermectin from the COOP every day and in 4 days I was “cured”. No long term effect as far as I can tell.

Had to take 14 days off work at the first symptom, had a solid week of good coyote hunting all by myself with no one bothering me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Guess I had it in November '20 when the wife did, I never knew I did till this January when I did my yearly physical and my Doc called me a few days later bitching that I did not come see him when I was sick... I had a full antibody load, never an a fever or if I did I did not notice.

My girth testifies that my smell and taste have not been affected in the least.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I caught it in mid November. Taste is about 50%, but some things now taste like gasoline mixed with mineral spirits. Toothpaste is one.
I have still only smelled a few things. Mostly obnoxious chemical smells.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx

So, Covid fixed you up, huh? Well, except for the bacon. Dayom. I better get the vax. Crap.

I didn't say it was a bad thing...just an adventure.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Both me and the wife had the plague last year.

No change in taste of stuff,just got a sore throat,had a high temp and was really tired.

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Had it Christmas last year, lost smell and taste. Taste seems to be ok smell not quite 100%.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had it in November last year, never lost taste or smell. Had a acid or bile taste for 7-10 days. Even good bourbon couldn’t get rid of it. Ran 101-102 fever for 4-5 days. Worked from home everyday, but I did sleep in late and went to bed early. Was back doing CrossFit in two weeks but was about 70-80% stamina and lung capacity for a month. Never took anything other than a lot of fluids.

I had pneumonia a couple years ago around Christmas that kicked my ass worse.

CK
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I had it now I love to eat raw cucumbers .

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
My taste and smell were gone for weeks, but it’s been back to normal.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
676 members (1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 72 invisible), 2,754 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,647
Posts18,399,078
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.