Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Since the c-19 thing started I added zinc, D3, C to my prescription meds everyday to strengthen my immune system. After a couple of members here got it and treated it with Ivermectin successfully I went and got a syringe of it. $6 thought it could be cheap insurance if.I caught it. Over mother's day weekend this year I came down with alot of the symptoms. real bad sore throat inside of 5 hrs, I power gargled with hydrogen peroxide that fixed that in 3 hrs. Had all the sinus head cold symptoms and fever by the first nite. Treated that with aspirin felt just as bad on monday and tuesday at 6 pm I took the first dose of Ivermectin turned in at 9pm woke up at 2 am fever gone and sinuses clearing fell back to sleep woke at 8 am feeling much better did the doses weds and thurs nite. Last one on the 7th day
All symtoms and congestion gone in 8-9 days.
1. I never got tested so I don't know if it was c-19.
2. Damned sure I don t have any bots or strongyles.
3. If it wasn't c-19 it was a sinus head cold of a very severe nature and was cured in 8-9 days which usually lasts 2-3 weeks with.medical professional treatment.
4 there is a new $6 tube of Ivermectin on the counter in case I come down with symptoms again. People have to make their own decisions about what to do.Despite faucci and the rest of the turd show it's obvious to me Ivermectin and hydrochloroquinine work there is just no money in those treatments for big pharma or the hospitals. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by frogman43
Well, I have Covid at the current moment. In fact I just returned from the Hospital.....they pumped me full of drugs yesterday and kept me overnight for observation, but couldn't find a bed for me at the Main hospital....so I signed myself out.

Funny thing, I had lost all taste and smell with the onset of symptoms.....just noticed the faint smell of the Irish Spring soap as I was taking a shower! Made a cup of coffee and yep, can slightly taste it....hope things improve!

Frog----OUT!

well at least you finally took a bath. lol

glad you are home. Give Cocoa Beans an extra treat

Damn, Frog. Sorry to hear. Hope you continue to improve quickly.

Continue to be coool.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
As far as I can tell, the biggest changes are in my taste. Some stuff I used to like tastes foul and some things I didn't like taste good. Have any of you experienced changes in your taste?

I had Covid in January of this year. Lost my senses of taste and smell for 3+ weeks. When they came back, Coca Cola tasted bad. I'm not a huge pop drinker--maybe 3-4 cans per month--but Coke now tastes like it's been stored in a copper pipe. The aftertaste is nasty. Other sodas taste similar but to a lesser degree.

That's the only permanent change that I've identified.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I had it in May of this year,lost taste and smell a little after about a week.
Once it came back salt was amplified ,anything with a little salt was over powering.Kinda back to normal now.
Currently seems like I have a sinus infection,going to call Dr today.
Also have never had one.Kinda feels like a bad cold. Hope it's not a return of the Wu

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My loss/change of taste was very slight, my sense of smell temporarily changed and that was more noticeable at the time I was going through the ravages of the Wuhan Wheezer. Nothing since then.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Wife had it, like a worse than avg cold. She lost taste/smell for about a month. No meds.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I had it the last two weeks of November in 2020. The whole family got it. We didn’t quarantine or nothing. Just all lived in the house together like we always do. Everyone just wanted to get it over with.
You wouldn’t have known the two youngest boys even had it if we hadn’t of had them tested. One of them had a little runny nose.
I had it the worst. For two days my back hurt so bad I couldn’t even lay down. I just sat on the luv seat with a pillow under my chin.
I had shortness of breath, bad joint pain and severe coughing. Never lost my smell or taste though.
My knees have hurt pretty bad every since. It hurts to go up stairs or ladders.
I’ve got a friend who got COVID in February and he still hasn’t gotten his taste back. Go figure!

Last edited by JTrapper73; 07/29/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had it the first of last October. I never lost my sense of taste or smell and only felt bad for a couple of days. I had a cough for a couple of weeks and felt kind of tired for about a month, but other than that nothing.

Only a couple of things I've noticed since getting over Covid, The first is I never cared much for bourbon before Covid, but dang if that stuff doesn't taste pretty good now. The other is I have developed an intense dislike for people that insist on telling me what I ought to do. Then that might be something that naturally comes with being 69. .

Harry
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
No.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
If I get it, I hope that it changes my taste so I like tomato's. I hate being the odd man out when people are drinking Bloody Mary's with all the snacks in them. smile

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Pretty sure last july aug
Thread on here buncha cats posting on it.
Had alot of the symptoms
Confirmed by 4 high end designer ice creams I bought one afternoon.
That was my " test"....
Cost me about 12 bucks.
Couldnt taste em for nothing.
Royally pissed me off too....

Can say it was probably the worst cold/ flu I have ever had.
Joint pain was my big thing and a dry persistent cough.
Bought some OTC meds, some zinc gummies and ate like 4 times the dose each day.
Clover valley ones IIRC from wally world.
Tasted pretty damm good too.
Kinda cranberry like.
👍👍👍👍

Survivor ??????
I wouldnt say that.
Just a kick azz cold/flu basically...

#antibodiesproducednaturallyaretheschit!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 07/29/21.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Had it Nov 2020. Weak azz cold. Smell and taste are still f'd up.

Oddly enough every time I'm around someone that tests positive and gets sick, my sense of smell and tastes get worse. All I can taste is a chemical like smell/taste, but I don't get sick. Then the longer I go without encountering covid I incrementally get my taste/smell back. Weird stuff

I have 0 respiratory issues from it.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 07/29/21.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Wife & I both had it during Christmas & NY. We lost taste & smell, me for about 5days, her, 2-3 weeks.

Not sure if she has fully regained her sense of smell yet, & has an x-ray appointment due a lung rattle. But, she already had COPD so who knows if the C19 caused something that recently cropped up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Tried to eat some cat,
Tasted like a raw clam.

Isn't that what cat is supposed to taste like? 😊

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Headaches

They were STRONG when I had it.

FJB & FJT
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I was notified by a hunting buddy that he was positive and had I’d likely been exposed at deer camp the day before Thanksgiving so I went home.

I’d had mild cold-like symptoms and a few weird things that I’d never have connected to COVID but felt fine.

Thanksgiving morning I awoke w/ no sense of taste or smell at all. That lasted quite a while… a couple months at least.

Honestly wish they could isolate that piece of the virus and inject me with it as it was an effective weight loss tool.

I haven’t noticed any changes like what you’re talking about in terms of my preferences. Makes me wonder if certain parts of your taste receptors didn’t recover as well as others maybe?

So many weird things with this bug.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I should have known this would be dick bait.

I'll be more specific. I don't like the taste of bacon or onions anymore. I like the taste of fresh tomatoes and pork rinds now.

It was just the opposite before.

Pat, i get what you're saying. however is what you are describing absolutely attributed to Covid? the same thing happened to me afte a surgery. food I liked I cant stand the taste of now, and food I hated I absolutely love now.

Yes. Everything but the basics...sugar, salt, etc., tastes and smells different. I can't say it's better or worse...just different.

It's really weird. Even I don't smell like me anymore.

Is it just taste that's screwed up or is it smell too? A friend (who's an MD in the Airforce) had it and now he has parosmia. Now he regularly smells dead/rotting flesh in various places. It's not actually dead/rotting flesh but that's what he smells.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Also remember deciding that we needed to be drinking Gatorade/pedialyte type drinks while we were down.
I hate those type drinks with a passion but they didn't bother me that week.
Still have a 32oz GA in back of fridge from 17 months back.

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Had it Nov 2020. Weak azz cold. Smell and taste are still f'd up.

Oddly enough every time I'm around someone that tests positive and gets sick, my sense of smell and tastes get worse. All I can taste is a chemical like smell/taste, but I don't get sick. Then the longer I go without encountering covid I incrementally get my taste/smell back. Weird stuff

I have 0 respiratory issues from it.

Two months no taste or smell. Second course of ivermectin and two days later taste and smell returned back to normal. worth a try

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It's nothing compared to what I caught in Bangkok in the fall of 07

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,555 guests, and 708 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,520
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.