Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Of course, they bring substitutes to Tokyo. They have to. One of the starters could break her ankle during warm ups. When Simone bailed out, they just brought in a scrub off the bench.

GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by GeoW
Looks like you're into women's gymnastics SBTCO. I'm not. She flat quit.. maybe so her team could not win gold? Maybe so she could be the only American gymnast to win gold by competing in all the individual events coming up?

Don't know she let her team and country down. I do know she quit.

Just curious, you ever see what they do? Seriously. Pretty much all in or all out. If she ain't up for it, stepping out is surely right. Now, harping on her for having doubts, ok, she's a young chick. LOL

The point is missed here over and over, she flubbed a routine, had she again, they'd not gotten Silver. It'd been awesome to get Team Gold but it weren't happening after SHE screwed it up, before stepping out. Kinda put the damper on the whole damned thing. She stepped out, and they were able to get Silver.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by GeoW
Looks like you're into women's gymnastics SBTCO. I'm not. She flat quit.. maybe so her team could not win gold? Maybe so she could be the only American gymnast to win gold by competing in all the individual events coming up?

I do know she let her team and country down. I do know she quit.

How much money have you donated to the US Olymic team?
What does Simone owe you because "she let her team and country down"?

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
She is rich, and will become wealthier:

X

Simone Biles’ sponsors stand by her after Olympic withdrawal

Caption
NATIONAL & WORLD NEWS
By Mae Anderson, The Associated Press
1 hour ago
Simone Biles’ sponsors, including Athleta and Visa, are lauding her decision to put her mental health first and withdraw from the gymnastics team competition during the Olympics.

It’s the latest example of sponsors praising athletes who are increasingly open about mental health issues. Tennis star Naomi Osaka found widespread support when she withdrew from the French Open earlier this year.

E
Biles could still compete in other gymnastic events during the Olympics. She also has a solid history of gymnastic accomplishments, including four gold medals and a bronze medal at the 2016 Olympics. She has earned five more all-around titles in world championships since 2013. That earns the 24-year-old a lasting athletic legacy that sponsors can capitalize on.

“We are past the time when athletes like Simone are valued simply for their athletic prowess," said Jim Andrews, founder of A-Mark Partnership Strategies. “She has earned a place in gymnastics history, and has proven herself to be an amazing spokesperson and influencer who has much to offer brands even without competing and eventually in retirement."

Biles split with longtime sponsor Nike in April to sign with Athleta, the athletic clothing arm of Gap. Biles’ deal with Athleta also includes sponsorship of the Gold Over America victory tour later this year, which will star her as well as other USA Gymnastics team members.

At the time, Biles said she signed with Athleta over Nike because she wanted to be aligned with a brand more reflective of her values.

“I feel like they work very closely with women and girls and letting them have a voice and kind of breaking those beauty standards,” Biles said in May.

Biles launched her first ad campaign with Athleta in June, including a video that showcases the people that have supported her through her rise to superstardom.

Athleta put out a statement in support of Biles after her withdrawal in Tokyo.

“We stand by Simone and support her well-being both in and out of competition,” Athleta said. “Being the best also means knowing how to take care of yourself. We are inspired by her leadership today and are behind her every step of the way.”

Visa put out a similar statement, calling her decision “incredibly brave.” Nabisco said Biles is an “inspiration to us all." Core Power, a protein shake maker, said Biles is “showing us all that her courage and strength extend well beyond the mat.”

Dropping support of Biles would hurt a brand more than it would help, said David Carter, sports business professor at the University of Southern California, and founder of marketing consultancy Sports Business Group.

“Given the fluidity and high-profile nature of the situation, as well as the sensitivities associated with her reasoning behind withdrawing, sponsors must be very careful not to be perceived as cutting and running,” he said. “Doing so would not only draw the ire of many consumers who staunchly support Biles, but also future athletes contemplating marketing relationships with any brands deemed tone deaf to the circumstances involved.”

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by hatari
Y

Go sit at home and feel sorry for yourself, but know THIS is what a champion looks like!

Pushing this injury ended her career.

Same with a Russian that ended up a quadriplegic. But go ahead and hammer on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elena_Mukhina

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
There isn't one SOB on here who is half as tough as Simone Biles. Shame on you critics.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
There isn't one SOB on here who is half as tough as Simone Biles. Shame on you critics.

I am in full agreement, as I am sure Jacob and Max would agree.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don’t find the fact that she stepped out offensive. What I find offensive is the media pedestal the action was placed on.

She didn’t have her mental game squared away...that’s acceptable. Hero worship and canonization for that is not.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 007FJ
I don’t find the fact that she stepped out offensive. What I find offensive is the media pedestal the action was placed on.

She didn’t have her mental game squared away...that’s acceptable. Hero worship and canonization for that is not.

Agreed also

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Fug the Olympic Committee; nothing but a bunch of liberal retards! I quit having anything to do with this gathering of a ssholes when they voted to suspend having the 300 Meter International style shooting matches! Truth be known there’s more f ags at this gathering per capita than San Francisco!

Last edited by Sharpsman; 07/29/21.

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert
Originally Posted by 007FJ

Agreed also

Well yah, exactly, and she ain't the one to blame that stuff on.

Com'on Man.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 07/29/21.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by hatari
Y

Go sit at home and feel sorry for yourself, but know THIS is what a champion looks like!

I'm sure you're speaking from experience. When you were in the olympics, what was your strategy?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Originally Posted by MontanaMan
"The strain was just more than she could bear"........................

Poor dear; wonder how she'd handle a real life & death situation.

MM

Was that attributed to Biles or just an assumption by a msm reporter?

The first part is a movie Quote. From “Tombstone”
Doc Holiday dissing Ringo after he plugged him.

And I’m guessing the second statement is Montana Man’s honest opinion.

If so, I agree.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert
Originally Posted by toltecgriz

I am in full agreement, as I am sure Jacob and Max would agree.

Oooh the new SockPuppet is a name dropper.... Impressive. Meanwhile he's searching through my posts and gonna get me good. LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Saw today that Olympic “viewership” for this years events is down 58 %. All time low.

I’m guessing it’s due to all the “Woke” and BLM Bullschitt.

I for one, want be watching. Bunch of un-Patriotic spoiled brats.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/29/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
i could care less about the olympics. however, if you were competing and judges said they arent going to judge you to the same standards as other competitors, are going to change the way they score you becaue they think you are too good. just what would you do? I sure as hell wouldnt keep competing

Is that what happened? I honestly don't know as I haven't been following. I'm glad the soccer team lost (bunch of woke bastids). I had no idea Simone was woke, she's very good and hoped she'd do well.

yes. the judges determined her to be too good, and so reaful that competitors would hurt themselves trying to compete with her that they changed how they were going to score her

That's not right and no one should condone what they were doing. Shame for her.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Here, here chl!!!!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

yes. the judges determined her to be too good, and so reaful that competitors would hurt themselves trying to compete with her that they changed how they were going to score her

If that is what happened, good for her. I hope she told the judges to go fugg each other.

Boo Hoo, whaaa, she's too good. I don't have a chance.

It's okay Honey, we will just carve six points off her score so you alls will have a chance.

Same fugging mind set has gotten us police departments and USPS staffed with incompetent, retarded, black females.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thought it was a good move on her part. Anyone here ever pass up a shot? This isn't pro sports at all where an owner can dictate one action.

If I recall correctly, she performs 2 or 3 moves that no one else will even attempt in competition. Had she crashed a couple times, the same crowd would be on her even harder for failing.

It's just a sporting competition, not World War III.

Last edited by 1minute; 07/30/21.

1Minute
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 1minute
Thought it was a good move on her part. Anyone here ever pass up a shot?

Crash a motorcycle and think maybe I'll park it?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

620 members (12344mag, 160user, 19rabbit52, 10Glocks, 219DW, 16penny, 54 invisible), 2,048 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,239
Posts18,447,836
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.