Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
CFVA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Thank you both, I appreciate it.

The one that I kept going back to the other day was the 365X, had no intention of liking it but it just felt right.

And I agree on the sights of the SAS, they were horrible. Also, the abbreviated levers on the side were a pain in the butt to mess with.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy...
BP-B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
In the last month I have bought a 365 and 365X. I put a Holosun 507K-GR X2 on the 365X. I have only put about 200 rounds through each so far but they have both been flawless with FMJ and +p JHP ammo. However I wasn’t crazy about the trigger pull on either one. I did put a flat trigger on the 365 and M Carbo trigger spring kits in both. The spring kits were a huge improvement. The only other change I’m considering is putting XS DXT big dot sights on the regular 365.

When I bought the X, I also looked at the XL but like the shorter slide and longer grip combo. I have an extra smaller grip module if I want to change it out. I’ve been carrying a Glock 19 and HK P2000 but these will replace them for summer carry.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
the XL grip is a winner for Sig, with the short barrel it makes a really small 9mm a lot more manageable.

U
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
U
I’ve gone the full circle. Started out with the 1911 platform of various sizes. Finally settled on the Officers Model, then picked up a Sig 320 subcompact. It was nice with plenty of firepower, but just didn’t feel right. Sold it and went to the Sig 365. Liked it better, but was still missing something. On a whim , I bought a Sig 938 and low and behold, it felt right. Ok… I’m a 1911 fan and carry cocked and locked.

To each his own… carry what feels good to you.

Shoot Safe,
Mike
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by Waders
Originally Posted by CFVA

My gripes with the 938 are the lack of grip safety and the triggers have been heavier than I thought on the handful that I've looked at.

As far as the 365, the "X" model felt best in my hand. From looking at Sig's website, is it correct to assume one could buy a standard 365 and put an extended magazine in it to essentially have an X model that can be used with the 10 round mags to make it a little easier to conceal if need be? And what's the deal with the flat triggers on some models? I've never owned anything with a flat trigger and don't understand the theory behind one.

My buddy carries a 938 daily. I've shot it a fair amount. It's a nice little gun. His has been 100% reliable. I don't want one, however, because I don't want an external safety on sub-compact EDC pistol. (I used to own a P238 (the 938 but chambered in .380 ACP) and I could never comfortably and consistently hit that safety when trying to draw and shoot quickly. It's probably a personal problem, but since it was my life and my money I tripped the 238). Second, as others have mentioned, the capacity of the P365 cannot be ignored. What's the old saying--No man in a gunfight wishes he had a smaller gun and fewer bullets. If space allows, you can go 15+1 with any P365, and standard mags still have a 4-round advantage over the standard 938 mags.

As for triggers--it doesn't much matter. The theory behind the flat trigger is that the shooter maintains a consistent contact with a flat trigger shoe no matter where your finger ends up when you draw the gun. The flat trigger also breaks the same no matter where your finger is (at least that what the tacticool crowd says--I've never done any testing myself). The standard curved trigger will provide a shorter trigger reach. But, like I said, it doesn't matter much for us mere mortals. You'll likely never perceive an "advantage" with a flat trigger, the issue will just be whether you like it.

I carry a P365XL daily right now. I used to carry a G19. I might go back to the G19, but I shoot the 365 pretty well, and I like the smaller size. I used to own the standard P365 but after dinking around with the 365XL, I just liked it more. With 12+1 capacity, I have the same number of rounds as a guy carrying a 938 and a spare mag.

My vote for your money and your life is to go with the one that gives you the most confidence. The gun that makes you smile as you draw it. Get that one and don't look back. But, if after a time, you feel you chose the wrong gun, go buy the other one and shoot them side by side. Sell the one that comes in second. You'll lose $50 or so, but you'll get $50+ of fun doing the comparison. There's no downside. If it were me, I'd start with the P365 of your choosing (just don't get the SAS model! That sighting system sucks. Bad.) Get some extended mags and carry the biggest mag that you're willing to schlep every single day.

Good luck!

I don’t know what you’re referring to as far as the sights on the SAS model.There are two versions. Mine has low profile, very bright tritium sights. Easy to pick up. All edges of the frame and slide are rounded, etc.
If you are referring to the version that has the sighting groove only, I totally concur.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
815 members (06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 80 invisible), 3,209 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,713
Posts18,400,305
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.