Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SamOlson
We are setting up our 300 gallon tank and pump tomorrow.

Had 5 of those little 2.5 gallon cans but it was too big.

Obviously should have had the tank and pump today.

We also shorten up runs, this was actually a short run on the field but I was so distracted trying to work on the header I wasn't paying attention.

So, do you think it's ever going to rain again enough out there to the point you can relax a bit at the wheel. We need happy-go-lucky sammo and lots of dessert coffee vids....not down in the dumper duck.....does insurance come into play in any of this?

GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by JeffA
Sam, it there insurance or something that covers any related losses with a fire like that?

Its complicated.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Sam, it there insurance or something that covers any related losses with a fire like that?

Its complicated.

I'm sure it is Jim.

What a difference two weeks makes with these wheat fields when it's hot and dry.

July 15th
[Linked Image]

July 29th
[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Jeff, I met with our insurance (liability) adjuster this morning.

We only lost 1 bale and maybe 10 acres, didn't amount to anything. But it did burn maybe 130-140 acres of the neighbor's wheat. Neighbor's were cool about it, hopefully no problems.

My mom is adding extra coverage under an umbrella policy.

And speaking of neighbors, they showed up in droves to help out. Really something to see close to a dozen pickups with tanks and 3 big tractors with disks roll in.

SC, trying to stay upbeat!

There are a bunch of guys in way worse shape than us.

We have a bunch of stuff available to hay, not to mention diversified with our irrigated river bottom.

The strictly dryland guys with a limited hay base are hurting.

Last edited by SamOlson; 07/29/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the reply Sam, I was curious.

After your video post of the fire they started harvesting some of this wheat around me. (Not the one I've been photographing)

Kept me on my toes watching for smoke.

We have 3 RV'S sitting just a few feet from these now dried out wheat fields where we were working on this project for the last two weeks near Valier.

We pulled out yesterday after completing what we came to do.
I dropped down to Great Falls to help a elderly couple re-hab a old house they bought near Sand Coulee, all hay fields around me now that have recently been cut.

Best of luck with the rest of the harvest

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Sorry that you guys can't have our above normal rainfall. Were still green herein in southwest Missouri with grass still growing. Best first cutting here in last few years. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
E SD

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
NE MT, hauling alfalfa that was baled this morning so we can start soaking er down in a few hours.

She's a warm one in this old truck!

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
E SD

a few spots got lucky , but most of us only ended up with a trace out of the deal

it tries to rain , but never quite makes it

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not a breath of wind here right now, might make 100. And it's a dry heat. "My" loggers are on a task force on the Hay Creek fire, good progress brushing out a road and getting the east side fireline in, so Polebridge might still be there come winter.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
E SD

a few spots got lucky , but most of us only ended up with a trace out of the deal

it tries to rain , but never quite makes it

Some bitch it rained hard west from somewhere in Iowa, but tapered off by Mitchell, my home away from home for the night.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Not a breath of wind here right now, might make 100. And it's a dry heat. "My" loggers are on a task force on the Hay Creek fire, good progress brushing out a road and getting the east side fireline in, so Polebridge might still be there come winter.

Hard to believe just 5 or 6 weeks ago I was camping at Upper Whitefish Lake and baja'ed my bike over 2 feet of snow to get up to Red Meadow Lake to find the campsites there still holding 6 ft of snow..

Now it's at risk of burning, WTF!

It's gonna be a long fire season.

[Linked Image from inciweb.nwcg.gov]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Totally different scenario but I will be very happy when we are done dry land haying, and the hay and machinery are home!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

I think early next week we could see rain and change everything. I have a feeling it’s going to suck until fall though.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Hard to believe just 5 or 6 weeks ago I was camping at Upper Whitefish Lake and baja'ed my bike over 2 feet of snow to get up to Red Meadow Lake to find the campsites there still holding 6 ft of snow..

[Linked Image from inciweb.nwcg.gov]

I like to hangout and kayak red meadow this time of year, it’s usually cool and not crowded.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bet Sam.
Get it done and get that equipment home safe and sound.

I been hanging out on the east side hiding from the smoke on the west side of the divide.
Yesterday as I was rolling south on 15 about 10 miles outside of Great Falls I could see a mild blanket of smoke laying in the GF's valley. About double the daily smoke we were experiencing in Valier.

A couple of the guys helping me on these projects I've taken on just left the Flathead Valley this afternoon said the smoke was really dense there compared to here.

It's like late August or early September fire conditions in July.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

I like to hangout and kayak red meadow this time of year, it’s usually cool and not crowded.

And you can catch a hundred little Grayling a day 🙂

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Not MT - dramaic nonetheless.
Oroville CA.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yay... we just had the hardest rain I have seen this year. Would have been better as a slow, steady drencher, but I'll take it. Rained hard for over an hour here in Johnson County, WY.
This morning I went fly fishing at one of my favorite lakes for big trout. Fished it with a buddy less than a month ago and it was full. Ranchers have it drawn down to where you have to walk 50 yards from the original shoreline to get to the water.

Last edited by 280Rem1; 07/30/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just a hint of smoke here today.

Fairly fresh air.

Boomer, that is crazy.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

627 members (12344mag, 160user, 19rabbit52, 10Glocks, 219DW, 16penny, 63 invisible), 2,045 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,239
Posts18,447,871
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.