Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Oklahoma, Texas to become SEC members in 2025

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/oklahoma-texas-sec-2025

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Can’t wait for them to get beat by Bama & TAMU.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
In other news, Texas Tech University head football coach declares "Wuhoo! Now we have a chance of coming in 2nd in the conference!!!"

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RyanTX
In other news, Texas Tech University head football coach declares "Wuhoo! Now we have a chance of coming in 2nd in the conference!!!"

LOL.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Longhorns will be middle of the pack SEC football school at best. Oklahoma will as well until it gets a defense.

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why? That's retarded.

How many in the SEC now? 16?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just great. 2 more loses for Arkansas starting in 2025......

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
There goes the neighborhood….

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
They really need to change the name of the conference because geography.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Yawn.

NRA Patron
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[quote=Elkhunter49]Longhorns will be middle of the pack SEC football school at best. Oklahoma will as well until it gets a defense.

I’m SEC to my bones, I’ve seen OU in person 3 times in the past 5 years. In my opinion for what it’s worth, OU is on par with LSU & Georgia annually, behind Bama and in front of everyone else. Texas Longhorn players have been soft throughout my 60 years of age, Mississippi State is my school and we are far behind UT in raw talent however I’ve never feared playing them, their players just don’t have the “ want to” required to be special on a consistent basis. Jimbo has his talent level slightly above Texas in a short 2-3 years with a mentality well above UT. Don’t know how other than him knowing the requirements needed and his dirt tough will to win. Both will be tremendous addition’s to the SEC overall, it just means State will visit the upper crust of the SEC football ladder on a even less frequent schedule.
They will see first hand that the saying SEC “It just means more” is not just true, its under stated as to how much we care. And we could care less what other people think, it’s our life.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Physically, they’ll learn the meaning of “smash mouth” football. SEC defenses play at a different talent level than Big 12 ball. OU will continue to grade out well, but UT will have to “draft” some real physical talent to compete annually. We’re Aggies here and have had the crap kicked out of us. But w Fisher coaching have been able to recruit some blue chip talent. It’s time to see if they can play or just grade out at high levels.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by gkt5450
Physically, they’ll learn the meaning of “smash mouth” football. SEC defenses play at a different talent level than Big 12 ball. OU will continue to grade out well, but UT will have to “draft” some real physical talent to compete annually. We’re Aggies here and have had the crap kicked out of us. But w Fisher coaching have been able to recruit some blue chip talent. It’s time to see if they can play or just grade out at high levels.

I hope Jumbo isn't married again. If so I'm sure a black Gator will find their way into the wife.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Ridiculous. They should stay in their own region.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert
Originally Posted by gkt5450

I hope Jumbo isn't married again. If so I'm sure a black Gator will find their way into the wife.

🤣 been wondering when that’d come up again.

He went over yonder way
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hadn’t heard about the black gator, dang that is shooting territory for most folks from the country side. I guess gator season was closed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Can’t wait for them to get beat by Bama & TAMU.

There will be a learning curve for both programs no doubt.

It doesn't take effect until 2025 unless each program is willing to pay the B12 and exit penalty of $80 million.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I get it, this is a business transaction. But is the SEC trying to kill the NCAA? It seems that's where this is headed?

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I always hoped Nebraska and Colorado would go back to the Big 12. Cannot see that happening now...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nebraska should go back. They've been utterly humiliated in the B10.

God Bless America
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

478 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 51 invisible), 2,538 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,489
Posts18,452,075
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.