R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Smoke, My good friend,and partner,loves to hunt beats me to the Jeep every morning, Birds, Coyotes, Bobcat, Whitetail, Tracking wounded critters, She is a lot of fun. Rio7

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Springtime of 2020 these guys was living on the street. Dumped.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Now they mostly sit around all day waiting for the next nice thing I'm gonna do for 'em.

Heck, they've left their mark in at least eight States already.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
They hit the lottery....

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R

Great Pair, Good for you Bird Man, Rio7

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Those are some smart dogs but they could never get into a good school here in the USA because they are Asian.

Bb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When people act in self-interest, one may lose a job, a spouse, a deal, about anything can and does happen.

When a dog acts in self interest, one might lose a piece of unwatched cheese or meat from a plate.

A dog i can trust. A chance he might hump my leg one day, but he won’t f me in the azz.

Comes down to “just a dog,” i know. But their love and loyalty, while “just a dog,” is sincere.

My little old lady farm dog. You know the type: ever vigilant, ever duty-bound, and sweetest of dispositions. Arthritis is bad now, moving slow, but surprised me the other weekend at the cabin - she’d been fully underwater in the creek appears, probably frogging. Good girl, Sandy.

[Linked Image]

She can have the soft bed whenever she likes. She’s earned it. Sheets can be washed, hell.

[Linked Image]

My permanent 3yo toddler, Hanklin Delano. Ever in trouble, ever worships his daddy. Silly poodle - like life and like human children, he is who he is, but he’s my boy and best little buddy. Goes everywhere.

In bed of ‘67 f250, mountain forest road, waiting for the fireworks over town below this past 4th.

[Linked Image]

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
....and people say we’re soft on dogs grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by mikieb
I have been single all my life... late in life... 46 y/o I met the most perfect companion.... she loved to travel... loved to cook... loved to keep house... Attractive.... And I mean attractive.... not just attractive... but HOT with curves in all the right areas...

She had a nicer house and so my dog and I moved in... and rented out my house... at first, She loved the dog.... but later, 3 years later... came to be jealous of my black Labrador.... every day after work, I would take the dogs walking... her dog and mine.

One day.... while getting my hiking boots on.... my dog was there.... Tail just a wagging.... jumping up and down anticipating his walk... She came walking toward the back door talking or telling me something... and when my dog heard her voice, he dropped his head and sulked away to hide behind the bushes....

A week or so went by.... I was just sick with what to do because I was not going to give up my dog.... He had, and still has, a blind loyalty to me... his human. Then my renters called.... "hey, we bought a house.... and... would it be ok if we are out in the middle of the month ? " I was like... "Yup... I will make it work for you... in fact.... as soon as you are out, I will stop by with cash for your security deposit if the house is all good... "

At dinner later that week.... "So you choose that dog over me ! ??? " "Yup...."

Excellent choice my man….

An excellent choice would be learning to type without the ridiculous, purposeless strings of periods.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Why not love dogs?

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Dogs are great. I miss my last one a lot.

That said. Dogs love anyone who walks them, feeds them and takes them for car rides.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Manny and Jack RIP

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Rock and Slim
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
She has become a great dog now at 9 months.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

I like her company more than most people. And she loves me!

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
You can have the worst day of your life. The world can absolutely beat you into the ground. You can feel powerless to the evil of the media and the government. And when you come home and open the door, you are instantly a hero.

This. 100%

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Dogs know when you’ve had a [bleep] birthday and just need some love. They’re second only to bourbon for making a bad day ok.

What breed is that? Is it full grown or do it get bigger? Beautiful dog.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
It’s only bad when they have to go, as in die.

Last edited by Old Ornery; 07/31/21.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
It’s only bad when they have to go, as in die.

Yup.

Put 2 down in the last couple weeks. My son's and my daughter's. Got them about the same time when the kids were little, 12 years ago now I think? Worst part about having them is losing them.

MAGA
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
123 members (257 mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 160user, 35, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 13 invisible), 1,779 guests, and 823 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.