Print Thread
Hop To
M
mikieb Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
I have a tough to fit truck, that needs a truck cap.

I have a 2007 regular cab, long box, Toyota Tundra. White in color.

I have a fiberglass topper on it now, I pulled into the garage with the topper open, and messed up the rear door... I can only blame myself. I have been looking for a rear door/window for some time, but the topper I have now has no name on it so it is kinda hard to shop for when you don't know what you have.

I was shopping for a used topper of any color or make to take the back door/window out and use it as a replacement but I can't seem to find one that will match up just right.

Dose anyone have any wild ideas on where to find a replacement back door/window for a topper of unknown manufacture ?

Or, who would you know that would make a new topper for an 8' box on a 2007 to 2013 Toyota Tundra ?

Lakeland truck caps out of Wisconsin will make me a new one for $2070.00 out the door.

What would you do ?

Last edited by mikieb; 07/30/21. Reason: added the Lakeland truck cap note

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Does it have a flat glass panel? If so, have you tried going to a glass window shop? Or considered a Lexan or similar plastic replacement? Might be good enough for low cost, depending on your needs.

I understand the dilemma. I haven't experienced it myself, but have heard from others the struggle to find glass replacements for a canopy that was only made for a few years. Sometimes you can find canopies with busted rear glass for dirt cheap or even for free because there's no available glass replacement. Mostly applies to canopies with stylish curved glass. The less expensive models typically have flat panels and you should be able to find a substitute. And a make shift frame.

There's always sheet metal too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe post a photo, so people can see what you're dealing with?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd try a place like Toys For Trucks to at least try to find out what kind you have. Then the glass replacement would be the least expensive. If you wanted another cap, you might look on used car and truck sites like Autotrader.com. I had an aluminum cap on 'Ol Blue and I wanted a fiberglass one instead. I found one the exact color on a used truck on a car lot and they sold it to me for $75.00. Caps don't kick the price of a used truck up much. Lenz Truck out of Fond du Lac never shows trucks with caps and they could probably give you some leads on where to look for a used one.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 70 invisible), 2,950 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,704
Posts18,456,820
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.