Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
X
xxclaro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
X
I've long realized that my brain doesn't necessarily work quite normally in some area's, and wondered if maybe others share this same problem. I find that some slang terms really annoy me...like to the point of extreme irritational anger. No real rhyme or reason to it either. Sammich? Sounds retarded. Song dog? Retarded. Speed goat, ditch donkey etc, same. Catsup? Yeah I know its not necessarily slang but still trips the little switch in my brain. The latest and worst is "the jab". I don't really GAF about the actual vaccine and it's surrounding propaganda, but that term makes me want to do crime. Even worse is "double jab"....like somehow everyone using stupid slang terms for it makes it cool or something. I dunno, it doesn't make any sense but there it is.

Oh, and buttons. I hate buttons. Buttons are gross looking, stupid shiny little plastic or metal discs. Alot of the time they aren't even necessary or functional but added for some sort of decoration! Makes my skin crawl just thinking about them. I'm not weird, your weird! That is all.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Allll righty then....

"Chances Will Be Taken"

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by xxclaro
I've long realized that my brain doesn't necessarily work quite normally in some area's, and wondered if maybe others share this same problem. I find that some slang terms really annoy me...like to the point of extreme irritational anger. No real rhyme or reason to it either. Sammich? Sounds retarded. Song dog? Retarded. Speed goat, ditch donkey etc, same. Catsup? Yeah I know its not necessarily slang but still trips the little switch in my brain. The latest and worst is "the jab". I don't really GAF about the actual vaccine and it's surrounding propaganda, but that term makes me want to do crime. Even worse is "double jab"....like somehow everyone using stupid slang terms for it makes it cool or something. I dunno, it doesn't make any sense but there it is.

Oh, and buttons. I hate buttons. Buttons are gross looking, stupid shiny little plastic or metal discs. Alot of the time they aren't even necessary or functional but added for some sort of decoration! Makes my skin crawl just thinking about them. I'm not weird, your weird! That is all.

But other that,,,, How U doin ??

3 teen and millenial kids there is all kinds of "slang" around here.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Groid slang IF you have to hear it. WTF did that just mumble!?

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
A lot of it is amusing.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
let me axe you a question?

guns to me are like legal crack
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A ton of people, especially women, under the age of 40 uses the word "perfect" as a catch all universal reply to just about anything. Are you going to pay cash or charge for that? Cash. "Perfect". Are you coming in to work tomorrow? Yes. "Perfect". Do you want fries with that? Yes. "Perfect". Kind of a pet peeve of mine.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Slang used for effect can be funny. Slang due to laziness gets annoying.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Yep, most of it annoys the heck outa me. Another one that wears me slick is everyone thinking they should insert the F word or wtf into about every other sentence or thought. I guess they think it adds emphasis.

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
The way most younger folk misuse the word literal, gets under my skin.

Them: laughed so hard I literally died.

Me: You managed to recover!

Them: Huh?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender

How about starting every reply with "honestly"?

Them: "Honestly, blah, blah, blah."
Me: "No please lie to me".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Did you miss your meds this am?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I mean, like, it literally suck the donkey.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't mind the slang but I hate the alphabets, especially when it refers to technology. Most of the time when I look up something technical online, I have spend much more time trying to figure out what the alphabetic terms are referring to.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I don't generally worry about things I have no chance of controlling. What other people say and how they choose to say it isn't on my list of annoyances. I must admit that just about anything Nancy Pelosi or Chuckie Schumer says is pretty annoying.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Different business's have their jargon.

"The boys are picking them green."

A Peoria commission man telling me cattle feeders are selling fat cattle at a lighter weight to get in on high prices.

"That steer strongly resembles his father."
A stag.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't even know what "song dog", "speed goat", or "ditch donkey" are.

"The jab" originated as a term to use to use in lieu of "the shot", or "vaccine", etc. in order to try to get around the censor programming on facebook and other websites.

I will say that in general, modern slang and cutesy phrases irritate the living hell out of me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I see your from the way up norths....

Try going thru a Popeyes chicken drive thru. 😂🤣😂

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rifletom

Yep. “Ebonics” piss me off. As do wetbacks speaking Spanish at the Grocery Store. 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Ain't got no business telling people how to talk. Some slang is deeply ingrained. Ain't is one word that is. Swell was in the 1920's. Groovy in the 1960's. Etc. However when you can't understand what they are saying like Ebonics or Cajun, different story.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
One that makes me laugh is someone tells me they're going to pull burger or a steak out of the freezer to "de-thaw" said item. I say "so you're going to freeze it then?", and you get that look like you're from Mars, literally. Not really slang, but local terminology that just ain't got no place in decent society. grin

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most of OP’s terms don’t bother me but “the jab” is slightly annoying. Mostly because I assume that it’s left leaning marketing of the vaccine but I really don’t know if it is or isn’t. Speed goat and song dog doesn’t bother me, ditch donkey, must be a deer? I’ve heard them called swamp donkeys. I call pheasants ditch parrots but I’ve never heard ditch donkey before.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So you would prefer laces - so you can snug up your shirt like a reverse corset. smile

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You must hate sports then.

I think it's driven by sportscasters trying to be cutting edge.
As an anti sports person, I laugh.
Everything's an everevolving code. Often harder to say, or more complex than
a simple explanation.

Just like hunting/shooting. Guys use stupid slang to try and appear
super cool. The opposite is true.

They sound more like ghetto idiots trying to be cool,
than professionals using jargon.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Can't stand POTUS and SCOTUS.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Whuzt ah ditch donkey ?

heard of ditch tiger = outside house cat but not a ditch donkey

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don’t understand the slang and street speak blacks use. It seems to evolve every month with another word being added and used incorrectly to describe something that has had an English name for 800 years.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bix nood

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Stophel
I don't even know what "song dog", "speed goat", or "ditch donkey" are.

"The jab" originated as a term to use to use in lieu of "the shot", or "vaccine", etc. in order to try to get around the censor programming on facebook and other websites.

I will say that in general, modern slang and cutesy phrases irritate the living hell out of me.
A song dog is a coyote, a speed goat is a pronghorn. I've never heard of a ditch donkey.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I don't mind the slang but I hate the alphabets, especially when it refers to technology. Most of the time when I look up something technical online, I have spend much more time trying to figure out what the alphabetic terms are referring to.

You mean acronyms?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
A ton of people, especially women, under the age of 40 uses the word "perfect" as a catch all universal reply to just about anything. Are you going to pay cash or charge for that? Cash. "Perfect". Are you coming in to work tomorrow? Yes. "Perfect". Do you want fries with that? Yes. "Perfect". Kind of a pet peeve of mine.

That’s a British thing, it’s popular over there and a lot of women in large cities like to mimic brit speech thinking it makes them sound sophisticated.

What I hate more than slang are acronyms. For some reason people think that all these screwy acronyms are common knowledge and it makes posts really hard to interpret.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Slang bothers me far less than mis-spoken clichés and sayings.

I hear "hone-in" on something, and "unchartered" waters a lot. That's the stuff that bugs me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

That’s a British thing, it’s popular over there and a lot of women in large cities like to mimic brit speech thinking it makes them sound sophisticated.

What I hate more than slang are acronyms. For some reason people think that all these screwy acronyms are common knowledge and it makes posts really hard to interpret.

Brilliant and bespoke seem to be popular terms over there, as well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bruinruin

"Bespoke"... ugh. This is a big hipster thing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

And then there is their abandonment of articles - "in hospital" "Doctor will see you."

Of course we have our own idiocy with "graduated high school".

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The misuse of words bothers me far more. Hero, for example.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert

Grinder is even worse.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Originally Posted by 5sdad

Grinder is even worse.

Did you hear that joke at Subway?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

I heard that Napoleon ordered buttons to be added to the cuffs of the Soldier's uniforms so that they would not wipe their noses on the sleeves. Is that functional enough?

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Grinder is even worse.

And, that was witty

X
xxclaro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Whuzt ah ditch donkey ?

heard of ditch tiger = outside house cat but not a ditch donkey

Ditch donkey is same as swamp donkey, a retarded way to refer to moose. I fully realize none of these things actually matter much and I'm not trying to get people to change anything, its just a thing that bothers me more than it should. Its too hot and dry to do much outside right now, so I'm killing a bit of time till it cools off.

Now you want to talk about stupid words,lets talk about gubernatorial! Who can take something like that seriously? Gubernatorial! Just ridiculous, I tell you!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Lighten up Francis!!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Now you want to talk about stupid words,lets talk about gubernatorial! Who can take something like that seriously? Gubernatorial! Just ridiculous, I tell you!

I've always HATED that one! Now it's more appropriate, though, as I like to call Andy Beshear our gubernor.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
None of my buds use the word "shotty ".....if they did, proly get blasted.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hookeye

Shotty, Remmie, Winnie, Springer, etc.... stupid cutesy non-words that make me cringe.

I never could stand anyone calling a transmission a "tranny" either.

If you are into black powder firearms you will hear/read a number of exceptionally irritating cutesy slang words... "flinter", "capper", "rocklock", "smoothie".... all of which make me want to rip out somebody's throat.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
Not a major point in life, but I have to admit, when someone says "taters" I cringe just a bit.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like slang. I don't like people who don't know slang is slang.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I been cannin maters while yall screwin round on the innernets

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Grinder is even worse.

Did you hear that joke at Subway?

Nope - I'm just a po-boy. (Though my story's seldom told.)

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Saw on FB. Shortened for brevity.

Couple colored guys. One telling the other to call him Biminouses.

Ok, he says.

Days later.

Hey Biminouses. No answer.

Another steps in to say, "what you saying cuz?"

Uh, he said call him Biminouses.

NO, his name is KC! He said to call him by his initials.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
....I never could stand anyone calling a transmission a "tranny" either...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! That is one of the stupidest-sounding abominations out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hookeye

Shotty, Remmie, Winnie, Springer, etc.... stupid cutesy non-words that make me cringe.

I never could stand anyone calling a transmission a "tranny" either.

If you are into black powder firearms you will hear/read a number of exceptionally irritating cutesy slang words... "flinter", "capper", "rocklock", "smoothie".... all of which make me want to rip out somebody's throat.

You forgot "chassis". Also "Annie" Used by people who can't spell "Anschutz"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Baby Boi gat dat s-arra 22 cah insoants, popo cawt him ridin dirty

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by USMC2602
Not a major point in life, but I have to admit, when someone says "taters" I cringe just a bit.

Yes, that's awful, but "maters" is far worse.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Husky. But no, not much is bothersome. 'Cept projectiles and calling brass cases cartridges or rounds. Or points, fuuck! Yeah. Pisses me off. The Rona? What like Uncle Ted sang about?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Slang doesn't bother me at all. If I don't know what you're talking about, I'll ask

I'm more annoyed with the misuse of pronouns (they, them) and the wrath that this generation spews if I don't abandon common usage and bow to they, them, hijacking proper English.

Example, "They are no longer a girl and you shouldn't refer to them as "her or she" any longer."

I don't care if you're gay or straight, get over yourself and move on.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Check out my Solanum lycopersicums

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Black speak is okay for blacks. Coming from white folks it's retarded.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

Check out my Solanum lycopersicums

You have a naner tree too?

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I meet all walks of people for work related issues give me your credit card a check or cash and I’ll try to understand what your talking about

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Had a employee of mine tell a a Guatemalan to go [bleep] himself in Italian I don’t think it was translated he’s still alive

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O

Bugs me a little when I hear ".257 Bob" for the wonderful, classic .257 Roberts. Dumb asses think it sounds cool.

X
xxclaro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
X

Canadian chicken chain we have here called Mary Brown's(pretty good chicken too) has 'taters on the menu. They always ask "fries or 'taters"" and I usually answer back potatoes. One time I said 'taters, and I swear I could barely utter the word, and then I felt like a damn retard. More than usual, I mean.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Canadian chicken chain we have here called Mary Brown's(pretty good chicken too) has 'taters on the menu. They always ask "fries or 'taters"" and I usually answer back potatoes. One time I said 'taters, and I swear I could barely utter the word, and then I felt like a damn retard. More than usual, I mean.

Do they have spuds?

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Pet peeve of mine is how often people respond to a casual how you doing with.. “ehh I’m just really tired”
Women say that all the time but they don’t have a monopoly on the expression

Also can’t stand the term wifey

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Baby talk like Remmy & Leupy certainly are annoying.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
When people say smashed taters instead of mashed potatoes.

Also....any slang ending in -y or -ie.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Pet peeve of mine is how often people respond to a casual how you doing with.. “ehh I’m just really tired”
Women say that all the time but they don’t have a monopoly on the expression

Also can’t stand the term wifey

On a somewhat related note. Cannot stand anyone referring to their wife or girlfriend as “their old lady” downright disrespectful!

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Ah yes, the whole pronoun thing. I'm just going to address those I don't know as, "A**hole". Doesn't imply a gender, race or any other hot button subject.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Him slang is the worst. Shotty, Remmy, Bang Switch, Running, Tacticool, High Speed/Low Drag, and dozens of others. An Outdoor Life writer even called a gun he was testing a "shotty" and remarked that it "ran everything".

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I can’t wait to get old and grouchy.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
The language is degrading fast enough courtesy of the public school system. We need not accelerate the plunge into something like a white version of ebonics.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is no there there.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Papag
Him slang is the worst. Shotty, Remmy, Bang Switch, Running, Tacticool, High Speed/Low Drag, and dozens of others. An Outdoor Life writer even called a gun he was testing a "shotty" and remarked that it "ran everything".

You beat me to the punch. Shooters run everything.

I am running a Colt AR. I am running a Nightforce scope on my Colt. I am running TMKs. I run Nosler brass. My Colt likes to run wet. Does anyone use anything any goddam more?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
prissy fugkers

MAGA
X
xxclaro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
I can’t wait to get old and grouchy.

Who says you have to wait, you can be grouchy right now!

I wouldn't consider myself to be grouchy,actually fairly easy going mostly, which is why I find it odd that stupid little things like a word or expression get to me. Doesn't make any sense.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I do not like the French slang-word for marijuana:

Oui-d

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I often here the term "Winnie" when referring to a Winchester rifle, sounds silly, but it doesnt bother me. I once heard a guy refer to his Winchester as a "Chester" Im glad that one never caught on....

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Another one is
, I don’t give a phu*ck, ... I really don’t know I keep using it....

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I don’t care one smidgin.

I mean what words people use. I try to avoid people.

Last edited by kaywoodie; 07/31/21.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
ir-regardless does it for me- not exactly slang, but it trips the switch. "pill" for bullet....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Do they have spuds?

That's mostly all we had growing up. Peeled spuds, baked spuds, fried spuds, but, potatoes, they're mashed.

Loggers had some slang that has stayed with me. In college I said jigger-rig, as I was tought as appropriate in such settings, the polite way. Another insisted its Jerry-rig. Dumbest damned thing I ever heard. Guess they hadn't ever heard niigger-rig. Who the hell is Jerry?

--- Kid Rock 2022

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by DCAN59
Ah yes, the whole pronoun thing. I'm just going to address those I don't know as, "A**hole". Doesn't imply a gender, race or any other hot button subject.

I like it!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I havent heard "Seven Maggie" in a long time either.......

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
That's a canopy dumbass, not a topper!

--- Kid Rock 2022

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
“The covid””The pandemic” while I been working all along never stopped

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Loggers had some slang that has stayed with me. In college I said jigger-rig, as I was tought as appropriate in such settings, the polite way. Another insisted its Jerry-rig. Dumbest damned thing I ever heard. Guess they hadn't ever heard niigger-rig. Who the hell is Jerry?

He invented a can.

Last edited by Whttail_in_MT; 07/31/21.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
. . . I'm gobsmacked.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jericho
I often here the term "Winnie" when referring to a Winchester rifle, sounds silly, but it doesnt bother me. I once heard a guy refer to his Winchester as a "Chester" Im glad that one never caught on....

Guy across the street is named Winchester. He goes by Chet so I guess that's another option.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

He invented a can.

So, it broke and he wired it up? Oh, bullchit. Com'on Man!

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
You feel me? No way pervert!

You know what I sayin? No, you might try speaking English!

A blunt? Yah blunt force trauma MFr.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

bigsqueeze literally died, and he recovered.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Boolit"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No problem does not convey the same message as you're welcome.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Leave it up to someone in the east to call something BLM. Duhhh, that's in use already.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like sketti’

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Last edited by stevelyn; 07/31/21.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
If it has a 1200cc engine it is not a scooter!

You are a motorcycle fanatic, not a biker.

I think it's misnomer, however, you generally leave a chit, you don't take one.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
All the words used rather than properly saying grandpa and grandma. Nanna? You mean banana?

Realizing a lot of things annoy me!

--- Kid Rock 2022

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
LOL !!!
JC ( Jim Conrad)
Gets annoyed when I use alot of Army and Infantry acronyms.

I cant help it JC.

But alotta the cats know stuff I'm typing about.
And writing it completely out would take alot of time .
And explaining alot of the acronyms would take alot of detail for understanding them.

Sorry dude.....
🤗🤗🤗😁😁😁😁

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
i have a coworker who uses the word "ninja" instead of the other word

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You may find this worth looking at: LINK

srsly

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dan_oz
You may find this worth looking at: LINK

srsly

I'm sure I've done this test before. I am at near Rain Man levels of Autism.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
People with little stupid dogs that think I want to watch them piss and chit acting like I should be commenting on how wonderful they are. Oh, yah, slang.... Tinkle. Make doo doo

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Samurai?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

alot

D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

I hear "hone-in" on something, and "unchartered" waters a lot. That's the stuff that bugs me.

This. Another one is "I could care less."

Dale

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sensitive lot.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That's a canopy dumbass, not a topper!

We've been thru this enough times, by now I thought you'd get with the program.

It's a CAMPER SHELL.

Sheesh.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
In regards to "Does slang annoy you?"

Prolly.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Samurai?

Bushido?

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
When I conduct a shotgun qualification, I let them know that anyone who refers to their weapon as a shotty or a gauge is an automatic fail. Both sound retarded to me and rankle me to no end.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
And irregardless. It’s regardless. I know it’s not really slang but whenever I hear someone say irregardless I’m tempted to see if a well executed backhand across the mouth would help. Doubtful. Plus I am not too keen on going to jail.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

Pomme du terre, n’est pas?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

Do they have spuds?

That's mostly all we had growing up. Peeled spuds, baked spuds, fried spuds, but, potatoes, they're mashed.

Jury-rigged means something was assembled quickly with the materials on hand. Jerry-built means it was cheaply or poorly built. Jerry-rigged is a variant of jury-rigged, and it may have been influenced by jerry-built. While some people consider it to be an incorrect version of jury-rigged, it’s widely used, especially in everyday speech.

What does jury-rigged mean?
The word jury has a few different meanings. It can be a group of people that decides the verdict in a legal case or a group of people who judge a contest. Via French, this jury goes back to a Latin verb meaning “to swear (an oath),” also seen in words like perjury.

But, in the nautical world, jury means “makeshift” or “temporary.” The origin of this jury isn’t exactly known.

The word rig is also a nautical term. As a verb, it means “to fit a ship or mast with the necessary elements (such as shrouds and sails).” More generally, it means “to assemble.” Together, these words become jury-rigged by the late 18th century.

A jury-rig, as a noun, is a temporary solution that’s built to replace something that’s been broken or lost overboard. The word can also be used as a verb. For example: “She jury-rigged a new topmast after hers broke in the wind.” Although this expression is rooted in the nautical world, it can refer to any makeshift, MacGyver-like fix: “He jury-rigged a raincoat from garbage bag in the garage.”

https://www.dictionary.com/e/jury-rigged-vs-jerry-rigged/

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Most any bastardization of the English language annoys me. To include the dumb fugks from the south that can't pronounce basic words, grown men that say "pasghetti" and think it's cute, or grown women that say "preggers" instead of pregnant.

I'd be fine with it being a hanging offense.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Most any bastardization of the English language annoys me. To include the dumb fugks from the south that can't pronounce basic words, grown men that say "pasghetti" and think it's cute, or grown women that say "preggers" instead of pregnant.

It’s sketti..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SandBilly

It’s sketti..

I hope you die in your sleep this evening.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
😆

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
PEETZUH !!!

X
xxclaro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
X

PREZACTLY!

I shall now go off into the wilderness to die, as is proper.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
'Prolly' really grates my cheese.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
'Prolly' really grates my cheese.

laugh

In it is contentment

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Do they have spuds?

Jury-rigged means something was assembled quickly with the materials on hand. Jerry-built means it was cheaply or poorly built. Jerry-rigged is a variant of jury-rigged, and it may have been influenced by jerry-built. While some people consider it to be an incorrect version of jury-rigged, it’s widely used, especially in everyday speech.

The word jury has a few different meanings. It can be a group of people that decides the verdict in a legal case or a group of people who judge a contest. Via French, this jury goes back to a Latin verb meaning “to swear (an oath),” also seen in words like perjury.

But, in the nautical world, jury means “makeshift” or “temporary.” The origin of this jury isn’t exactly known.

The word rig is also a nautical term. As a verb, it means “to fit a ship or mast with the necessary elements (such as shrouds and sails).” More generally, it means “to assemble.” Together, these words become jury-rigged by the late 18th century.

A jury-rig, as a noun, is a temporary solution that’s built to replace something that’s been broken or lost overboard. The word can also be used as a verb. For example: “She jury-rigged a new topmast after hers broke in the wind.” Although this expression is rooted in the nautical world, it can refer to any makeshift, MacGyver-like fix: “He jury-rigged a raincoat from garbage bag in the garage.”

Afro Engineering
AKA: N i g g e r Rigged

Either can be used as a compliment in the way of you thought up something that will work well with what you had.

Or as a WTF way as in that schitt aint gonna work.
WTF are you thinking type of way.

Down here in the dirty south...
😄😄😄😄😄

Last edited by renegade50; 08/01/21.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Lazine instead of lasagna.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
“Imma” has came to be common usage in the last few years, not just verbally, but in writing.

“Imma go to the store” vs “I am going to go to the store.”

Most of the cutesy nicknames do not bother me, sure many of them are dumb, but being so dumb and lazy as to not only saying Imma, but also typing it, and not knowing it is not an actual word, is mind blowing to me.

Then the whole to/too, your/you’re, their/there/they’re drives me nuts when I see it used incorrectly. What really chaps me is reading my writing and seeing that I have used it incorrectly.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Cheesy

Then the whole to/too, your/you’re, their/there/they’re drives me nuts when I see it used incorrectly. What really chaps me is reading my writing and seeing that I have used it incorrectly.

Ditto.
I think that is in the subconscious from reading the spelling and grammar on here.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

The south certainly doesn't have a monopoly on that.

Some people take the "l" out of walk. Let's take a wok and have a good tok. If you are from Mahtha's Vinyahd, you probably take the "r" out of words like Coast God.

Nobody bastardizes English more than the the various sub-cultures in south LA.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by mart
And irregardless. It’s regardless. I know it’s not really slang but whenever I hear someone say irregardless I’m tempted to see if a well executed backhand across the mouth would help. Doubtful. Plus I am not too keen on going to jail.

I worked with a safety director for a few years that constantly bragged up the fact that his wife was an English teacher. He used irregardless and mute instead of moot as standard form. Over schooled and under educated we used to say.....

Joining here, and often typing in haste has made me realize my grammar ain't close to perfect.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Friends in Scotland laughed at me every time I said “fixin’"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Founder

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Friends in Scotland laughed at me every time I said “fixin’"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Do you call that thing in a wall you can see through a winduh?

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
It’s “winder”!

Hold into the soda lime.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I think some folks are confusing slang with dialects and colloquialisms.

Founder

WS

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S

Hannity misuses the word "Literally" about once every fifteen minutes. Just another reason I can't stand to listen to him any more.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
What gets me lately is people dropping the letter T in their annunciation. Patent becomes pah-en. Litigant becomes li-igan. Even people reporting the news are doing it.

NRA Benefactor Member

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizenry still gets to vote!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What annoys me people who add (ah) on to the ending word on a sentence. ( Like) I knowah !

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

'ppreciate your clarification.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

The south certainly doesn't have a monopoly on that.

Some people take the "l" out of walk. Let's take a wok and have a good tok. If you are from Mahtha's Vinyahd, you probably take the "r" out of words like Coast God.

Nobody bastardizes English more than the the various sub-cultures in south LA.

I’m not talking about accents.

I’m talking about purposefully mispronouncing words or saying stupid schit like “MeeMaw” or “PawPaw.”

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Not as much as grammar/speech nazis.

Texas has slang, but a lot of people want to move there, same with Montana and the west.

Anyone hear anybody say lately, I want to move to California, New Jersey, New York or Massachusetts, hell even Minnesota. Nope, I didn’t think so.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Yes.

And not related to the OP but I cannot stand when people won’t use pronouns.

“Dad came by Sunday night to watch the game.”

You mean YOUR dad came by Sunday night to watch the game? I’m not your brother you stupid fugkin hick.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by viking
Not as much as grammar/speech nazis.

Texas has slang, but a lot of people want to move there, same with Montana and the west.

Anyone hear anybody say lately, I want to move to California, New Jersey, New York or Massachusetts, hell even Minnesota. Nope, I didn’t think so.

If all the Californians die I’d be happy to move there.

LOL

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I've always enjoyed different dialects and slang within any language especially those from America.

First exposure and memories of are from my German Irish grandmother.

I loved to listen to her talk as a kid she was a larger than life figure on the maternal side of the family. She named my first child and took me to get my license at sixteen.

She was an active IRA supporter as well.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
collage people that can't spell a simple 5 letter word.. there-their.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Hubert

You tell ‘em.

Schit don’t get hard until the seven letter words.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do people that fuss over everyday language use get upset when others aren't being controlled enough by the powers that be to suit them?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Correct, but this has become a therapeutic place where we can vent our frustration over all of the lazy-assed abuse of the language.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

I'm just gonna have to try and forget I saw this....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by rifletom

To answer the question of the thread, yes, especially groid slang when used by white people.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

They could if they went to college. 🤣🤣

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M

They could if they went to college. 🤣🤣

Maybe not these days.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K

You tell ‘em.

Schit don’t get hard until the seven letter words.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Founder

WS

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I can’t help thinking but y’all do realize that pussy is slang for booger, and for snatch, and for muff, and for furburger, and for hairy clam, and for tang ( and a whole subset of slang words on that one), and for hair pie and for thousands of other slang words FOR OUR FAVORITE SLANG WORD!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Founder

WS

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by mart
When I conduct a shotgun qualification, I let them know that anyone who refers to their weapon as a shotty or a gauge is an automatic fail. Both sound retarded to me and rankle me to no end.

Shotty is one I have never heard anyone say. Now shoddy I have heard. To fail someone because you don't like how they talk, means you shouldn't be doing any qualifying. Shoddy work!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Saw on FB. Shortened for brevity.

Couple colored guys. One telling the other to call him Biminouses.

Ok, he says.

Days later.

Another steps in to say, "what you saying cuz?"

Uh, he said call him Biminouses.

NO, his name is KC! He said to call him by his initials.

I don’t get it.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I can’t help thinking but y’all do realize that pussy is slang for booger, and for snatch, and for muff, and for furburger, and for hairy clam, and for tang ( and a whole subset of slang words on that one), and for hair pie and for thousands of other slang words FOR OUR FAVORITE SLANG WORD!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And beaver my GF says her tool box😆

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Anyways!

Don’t know the difference between ‘their and there’ or were or where!!

Easy to tell their age brackets!

Last edited by Sharpsman; 08/01/21.

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I could probably do without "shooter" and "shooter-buck."

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by DHN

This. Another one is "I could care less."

Well why dontcha??

Even birds know not to land downwind!
X
xxclaro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
X
Well this is nice, seems I am totally normal after all. Not getting much support on the button issue, but I'm sure that's just because the language issue is so hot right now.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I don't get irritated by the trivial things other people do, but I'm bothered by my own sloppy speech.

I say "gonna"
hafta
wanna
s'posed'ta
coulda

I contract "I will not" to something like "um'not" and instead of just contracting "we are ready" to "we're ready" I will also contract "boxes're ready" "wheels're ready" and so on.

I say "goin'"
lookin'

I run words together like "can we" as "canwee"

I use the word "got" instead of some form of to have.

I'm sure there are many other habits of speech that I would change if I were more mindful of them.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Ubetcha, I kind of like the sound of Ubetcha! Knowing it's an irritable word, its use will continue with abound!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ingwe

They were all pasted together.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
X
xxclaro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Western_Juniper
I don't get irritated by the trivial things other people do, but I'm bothered by my own sloppy speech.

I say "gonna"
hafta
wanna
s'posed'ta
coulda

I contract "I will not" to something like "um'not" and instead of just contracting "we are ready" to "we're ready" I will also contract "boxes're ready" "wheels're ready" and so on.

I say "goin'"
lookin'

I run words together like "can we" as "canwee"

I use the word "got" instead of some form of to have.

I'm sure there are many other habits of speech that I would change if I were more mindful of them.

This sort of thing doesn't bother me as much because I understand why we do it. We try to communicate in as efficient a manner as possible so naturally we trim things down and jam words together. Not quite on the level as germans yet, I'd say. It's more about the use of certain words or style of speech in an attempt to identify with a group.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Yes.

And not related to the OP but I cannot stand when people won’t use pronouns.

“Dad came by Sunday night to watch the game.”

You mean YOUR dad came by Sunday night to watch the game? I’m not your brother you stupid fugkin hick.

Ooopsies. You botched that one.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Try and or try to?

X
xxclaro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Try and or try to?

This is a slang bitchfest, not a grammer nazi convention,I must insist you take your grievances elsewhere!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Running off the good guys was Plan A

Using slang, ebonics and Appalachian dialects to finish off the twáts. Plan B

😃😂

X
xxclaro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by slumlord
Running off the good guys was Plan A

Using slang, ebonics and Appalachian dialects to finish off the twáts. Plan B

😃😂

Humor covers a multitude of sins. As one of the funnier characters here,you will need to dial back the humor if you wish to succeed. I could also suggest typing in angry caps, ranting nonsensically about obscure topics and alienating friend and foe alike for any hint of disagreement with any position you hold. This is the way.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Language changes.

Here are the opening lines of The Canterbury Tales, written between 1387 and 1400:

Whan that Aprille with his shoures soote,
The droghte of March hath perced to the roote,
And bathed every veyne in swich licóur
Of which vertú engendred is the flour;
Whan Zephirus eek with his swete breeth
Inspired hath in every holt and heeth
The tendre croppes, and the yonge sonne
Hath in the Ram his halfe cours y-ronne,
And smale foweles maken melodye,
That slepen al the nyght with open ye,
So priketh hem Natúre in hir corages,
Thanne longen folk to goon on pilgrimages,
And palmeres for to seken straunge strondes,
To ferne halwes, kowthe in sondry londes;
And specially, from every shires ende
Of Engelond, to Caunterbury they wende,
The hooly blisful martir for to seke,
That hem hath holpen whan that they were seeke.

Who knows what our language will look like 634 years hence?

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
That was Middle English.

We're transitioning into End State Gibberish.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by mathman
That was Middle English.

We're transitioning into End State Gibberish.

Middle English looks like gibberish now.

Maybe we’re the ones speaking gibberish.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I do better with Middle English than Jive.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I’m still hoping someone can explain the “ Biminouses” post.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

I'll have to guess he meant "by my initials".....

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Go to a pub in Yorkshire, I had my wife as a translator. Took a tour of a castle in Edinburgh and the guide might as well have been speaking Maori. English is a flexible language.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

I'll have to guess he meant "by my initials".....

The light came on, thanks.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Go to a pub in Yorkshire, I had my wife as a translator. Took a tour of a castle in Edinburgh and the guide might as well have been speaking Maori. English is a flexible language.

mike r

Was at McDonald's in Dryden, sitting next to a table of old men. After a time, it dawned on me that they were speaking English.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 700LH
Do people that fuss over everyday language use get upset when others aren't being controlled enough by the powers that be to suit them?

I was seeing if anyone would catch that..

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Pard
Pawdnuh

(not that there's anythig wrong with that)

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T

I find this funny ... ironic. I don't direct this at you, just .. triggers a comment.

I work in an I.T. shop. We provide service for a couple dozen different business units each having their own unique set of acronyms often with overlap .. same letters meaning different things. Our "users" bitch a lot about I.T. using acronyms. True enough, but we are one department with one set. The same overall group of people who whine about having to learn part of our set think NOTHING of expecting us to learn their dozen to two dozen sets of acronyms and know which to use in which setting. Also we're supposed to somehow know how to do everyone's job better than they know it by doing it every day for decades so we can remind them when they forget. Argh. "I.T. is tired of hearing it."

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
No. Not a bit

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Anyone who uses terms like shotty, maggy, winny, remmy, and such, or calls ammunition "bullets" is granted moron status.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
What kind of "furniture" do you "run" on your AR?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Well men, anything that tries to weaken any "Swear words."

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Well men, anything that tries to weaken any "Swear words."

Da fugk you taking about?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by renegade50

Do they have spuds?

Afro Engineering
AKA: N i g g e r Rigged

Either can be used as a compliment in the way of you thought up something that will work well with what you had.

Or as a WTF way as in that schitt aint gonna work.
WTF are you thinking type of way.

Down here in the dirty south...
😄😄😄😄😄

Used to tell Dad he had a PHD in Afro-Engineering.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I hate when people use the wrong tense. We was going to the store. You be looking fine.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Misuse of literally is a big one for me.

Also tired of hearing woke.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by T_O_M

I find this funny ... ironic. I don't direct this at you, just .. triggers a comment.

I work in an I.T. shop. We provide service for a couple dozen different business units each having their own unique set of acronyms often with overlap .. same letters meaning different things. Our "users" bitch a lot about I.T. using acronyms. True enough, but we are one department with one set. The same overall group of people who whine about having to learn part of our set think NOTHING of expecting us to learn their dozen to two dozen sets of acronyms and know which to use in which setting. Also we're supposed to somehow know how to do everyone's job better than they know it by doing it every day for decades so we can remind them when they forget. Argh. "I.T. is tired of hearing it."

Do you use the Acronym DFU?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Sup

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Nah mean?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I could make some comments here - but I don't like to throw shade!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Sup

yo, homie.

Howzit

In it is contentment

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by Clintopher
Misuse of literally is a big one for me.

Also tired of hearing woke.

Welcome to the freak show!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
There, their, and they're. Where, wear, we're.

Un-thaw

To, Too, two

Irregardless

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What (fill in the blank) are you "running" on your rifle...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I long for the day that "quim" comes back into style.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (222Sako, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,115
Posts18,464,455
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.