Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
X
xxclaro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
X
I've long realized that my brain doesn't necessarily work quite normally in some area's, and wondered if maybe others share this same problem. I find that some slang terms really annoy me...like to the point of extreme irritational anger. No real rhyme or reason to it either. Sammich? Sounds retarded. Song dog? Retarded. Speed goat, ditch donkey etc, same. Catsup? Yeah I know its not necessarily slang but still trips the little switch in my brain. The latest and worst is "the jab". I don't really GAF about the actual vaccine and it's surrounding propaganda, but that term makes me want to do crime. Even worse is "double jab"....like somehow everyone using stupid slang terms for it makes it cool or something. I dunno, it doesn't make any sense but there it is.

Oh, and buttons. I hate buttons. Buttons are gross looking, stupid shiny little plastic or metal discs. Alot of the time they aren't even necessary or functional but added for some sort of decoration! Makes my skin crawl just thinking about them. I'm not weird, your weird! That is all.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Allll righty then....

"Chances Will Be Taken"

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by xxclaro
I've long realized that my brain doesn't necessarily work quite normally in some area's, and wondered if maybe others share this same problem. I find that some slang terms really annoy me...like to the point of extreme irritational anger. No real rhyme or reason to it either. Sammich? Sounds retarded. Song dog? Retarded. Speed goat, ditch donkey etc, same. Catsup? Yeah I know its not necessarily slang but still trips the little switch in my brain. The latest and worst is "the jab". I don't really GAF about the actual vaccine and it's surrounding propaganda, but that term makes me want to do crime. Even worse is "double jab"....like somehow everyone using stupid slang terms for it makes it cool or something. I dunno, it doesn't make any sense but there it is.

Oh, and buttons. I hate buttons. Buttons are gross looking, stupid shiny little plastic or metal discs. Alot of the time they aren't even necessary or functional but added for some sort of decoration! Makes my skin crawl just thinking about them. I'm not weird, your weird! That is all.

But other that,,,, How U doin ??

3 teen and millenial kids there is all kinds of "slang" around here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Groid slang IF you have to hear it. WTF did that just mumble!?

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
A lot of it is amusing.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
let me axe you a question?

guns to me are like legal crack
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A ton of people, especially women, under the age of 40 uses the word "perfect" as a catch all universal reply to just about anything. Are you going to pay cash or charge for that? Cash. "Perfect". Are you coming in to work tomorrow? Yes. "Perfect". Do you want fries with that? Yes. "Perfect". Kind of a pet peeve of mine.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Slang used for effect can be funny. Slang due to laziness gets annoying.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yep, most of it annoys the heck outa me. Another one that wears me slick is everyone thinking they should insert the F word or wtf into about every other sentence or thought. I guess they think it adds emphasis.

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The way most younger folk misuse the word literal, gets under my skin.

Them: laughed so hard I literally died.

Me: You managed to recover!

Them: Huh?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
The way most younger folk misuse the word literal, gets under my skin.

Them: laughed so hard I literally died.

Me: You managed to recover!

Them: Huh?

How about starting every reply with "honestly"?

Them: "Honestly, blah, blah, blah."
Me: "No please lie to me".

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Did you miss your meds this am?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I mean, like, it literally suck the donkey.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I don't mind the slang but I hate the alphabets, especially when it refers to technology. Most of the time when I look up something technical online, I have spend much more time trying to figure out what the alphabetic terms are referring to.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I don't generally worry about things I have no chance of controlling. What other people say and how they choose to say it isn't on my list of annoyances. I must admit that just about anything Nancy Pelosi or Chuckie Schumer says is pretty annoying.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Different business's have their jargon.

"The boys are picking them green."

A Peoria commission man telling me cattle feeders are selling fat cattle at a lighter weight to get in on high prices.

"That steer strongly resembles his father."
A stag.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't even know what "song dog", "speed goat", or "ditch donkey" are.

"The jab" originated as a term to use to use in lieu of "the shot", or "vaccine", etc. in order to try to get around the censor programming on facebook and other websites.

I will say that in general, modern slang and cutesy phrases irritate the living hell out of me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by xxclaro

I see your from the way up norths....

Try going thru a Popeyes chicken drive thru. 😂🤣😂

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rifletom
Groid slang IF you have to hear it. WTF did that just mumble!?

Yep. “Ebonics” piss me off. As do wetbacks speaking Spanish at the Grocery Store. 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
676 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 55 invisible), 3,132 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,742
Posts18,401,219
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.