Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Unfortunately, this is not about an upcoming safari. Just some FYI.

Some of you may know that that former President Jacob Zuma turned himself to authorities to do 2 years in prison for various crimes and there are riots in the streets.

I just got off the phone with my very good South African friend who lives in the Eastern Cape. According to him, nothing is going on there, it's all in Koa-Zululand. As he put it, same as living in Montana while Portland burns. It is not countrywide.

His other political takes are interesting. Says BLM is showing up to help protest. What would BLM protest in a Black run country? They are simply communist/anarchists who want to stay relevant and to continue fund raising so the leaders can live the good life. They are not about race relations and justice as oour MSM tried to portray them.

Also mentions the cops - both black and white- stand around while looting and crime occur, afraid to do anything becuase of lack of political support.

"This is what you get with liberals in charge. The chickens are come home to roost."

Hunting is good and not affected by any of this. American clients have them full up and are traveling pretty much as normal.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I've been in touch with a few South African friends. Here is a little of what they have said.

People just using the Zuma issue as a bloody excuse to rob, steal, plunder and burn.

Actually very limited in pockets and a specific region. Media makes it look like a national catastrophe.

Most of the unrest been driven by the Zulus. Kwazulu Natal is having major issues and we now have a situation where armed militias are protecting the businesses & neighborhoods as the police are totally overwhelmed

Sounds a lot like issues we've had in the past here in the US. Small groups causing the problems and the media blowing it out of proportion. I believe that South Africa will handle it differently than we did and things will under control soon. On a good no rioting in Kimberley area where I have a September hunt scheduled.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Called my friend today.

My friend in the Eastern Cape says its limited to KZN and some townships around Jburg. It's been put down there and they've returned to their shanties in the townships. The EC has sworn it will not happen there. Militia?

KZN is rough. Anyways, he's not worried, although he is monitoring the news. Supposedly there was supposed to be a nationwide protest today, but the news has reported nothing has happened.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
So, are the protesters for Zuma or are they protesting against his corruption?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimZ
So, are the protesters for Zuma or are they protesting against his corruption?

They are Zulus supporting Zuma.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
LIke most looters, they are looking for new TV's and Nike shoes

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We just came back from a wonderful hunt with Hunters Hill in the East Cape... Fabulous experience... I highly recommend this outfit!!! We flew through Johannesberg, to Afton Lodge for the night, and off to the East Cape in the morning... we did not see any violence or protests, but understood that things were not good... Outside the big cities, I believe That things are pretty Stable!!!

I take a lickin', and SOMEHOW, Keep On Tickin'!!!! smile

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,576 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,603
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.