-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably much like recent production. Not much to off the shelf North American beer. Marketing has convinced us that fermented rice and a little water is good stuff.

Last edited by 1minute; 07/30/21.

1Minute
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
I often hear people say something tastes like piss... I didn't know people drank piss!!! Takes all kinds I guess..

Bear Grylls.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
A braver man than I!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by rem141r
i have an unopened commemorative can of iron city from last time pirates won the world series in my footlocker in the attic. i know that schit can't be good. it wasn't any good when it was canned. and decades in a 125 attic didn't help any

LOL I have a 1979 Super Steelers can with the old pull tab and a Pirates back to back Eastern division championship IC light, both never opened. I wouldn't even think about popping them and drinking.

I also have a 1986 (I think) Penn State undefeated season Pepsi.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I know where there's a couple six packs of Billy Beer.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
There is a guy on you tube that eats ww 1 ,ww 2 ,korea ,vietnam military meals,smokes the cigs,drinks the coffee,the works,how he is still alive is a miracle.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Dunno how that happened. One of Coors selling points was it was kept under refrigeration and they didn't put any preservatives in their beer. Case in point, when I left the Panhandle and moved to Houston (1970), Coors distribution pretty much stopped around I-20. Told Mother to bring me a couple cases when she came to visit. Was extremely pi$$ed when the first one I cracked open smelled like rotten eggs. Both cases were that way. Mother told me she bought them at a liquor store where they were not in the cooler.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had some Miller Lite in the fridge that was over a year old....it went bad.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Chisos

Dunno how that happened. One of Coors selling points was it was kept under refrigeration and they didn't put any preservatives in their beer. Case in point, when I left the Panhandle and moved to Houston (1970), Coors distribution pretty much stopped around I-20. Told Mother to bring me a couple cases when she came to visit. Was extremely pi$$ed when the first one I cracked open smelled like rotten eggs. Both cases were that way. Mother told me she bought them at a liquor store where they were not in the cooler.

That is quite true. Back in the seventies they always advertised no preservatives, and the Coors was always kept in refrigeration.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

That is quite true. Back in the seventies they always advertised no preservatives, and the Coors was always kept in refrigeration.

That would be the basis for a good movie.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

That would be the basis for a good movie.
Or a sucky one. Maybe Sally Fields could show her tits.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by cuznguido
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
I often hear people say something tastes like piss... I didn't know people drank piss!!! Takes all kinds I guess..

They claim that hard core survivalists, and astronauts, have acquired a taste for it.

And Kel Tec owners...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th.../02/16/advertising-whod-drink-urine/amp/

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Banquet beer on tap is a heavenly thing.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

You couldn’t buy Coors where I grew up in Abilene until about 1976 while I was in HS.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
back in the sixties, you could not buy Coors East of the Mississippi. We used to road trip from Florida to Texas to buy. Fill up a 59 Buick or similar with cases and cases of beer. Sell them for a buck a can to frat boys back at UF. Loads of fun, but even then, Coors tasted bad.

Sam......

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by AZmark

Like all so-called lite so-called beer it didn’t go bad, it was bad to start with

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Can't be much worse than a fresh one.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by AZmark

Like all so-called lite so-called beer it didn’t go bad, it was bad to start with

OK. I stand corrected. It didnt go bad it just got badder.
My favorite is Coors Banquet.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Miller Lite went bad ? Don't see how that could happen to a beer that's horse pizz to start with.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

You couldn’t buy Coors where I grew up in Abilene until about 1976 while I was in HS.

I'm surprised y'all could buy any beer back then. When did Abilene go wet? Where I was raised, you could only buy beer at the 7-11 or the liquor store. Grocery stores didn't sell it and on Sunday's it was illegal to sell any beer in the city limits. There was a little package store right north of the city limit that made a killing on Sundays. State law said they couldn't open up until noon and I remember the cars stacking up on the highway leading out of town, waiting for it to open.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

252 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 300jimmy, 20 invisible), 1,450 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,312
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.