Print Thread
Hop To
A
AGL4now Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
You just don't get summers better then this in South Central Alaska. And the Blueberries are "Massive" juicy and sweet and are heavily laden. The Red Salmon tastes as if they came direct from heaven.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lotsa berries here too.......farmers getting huge hay crops and barley appears to be a bumper crop for the better farmers.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by VernAK
Lotsa berries here too.......farmers getting huge hay crops and barley appears to be a bumper crop for the better farmers.

Is there a way to purchase 1/4 ton of barley or any grain from that part of Alaska where it is sold in 50 pound bags.....??? Preferably directly from the farmer for "cash"......???

Also do you know if there is generally any insect types that are typically in the Alaska grain, that would impede long-term safe storage.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm sure one of these farmers would sell you 500 pounds but most don't have a convenient way to sack it.

Peterson farms sack oats and molasses for bear bait so they may sack some barley for you.

Try Delta Coop....I know they sell sacked oats.....

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Alaska flour company does barley everything. I just ate about 3.5lbs of moose meat and barley for brunch.

Dang is it good fiber. Makes good fire starter too. I'll be lucky if I make it to the outhouse without dmn near shtting my pants. It's 65 yds away, will probably have to drop trousers half way to the outhouse.

Keep it in the 5 lb bags, as they are rugged plastic bags. Bout 400 lbs of barley to a standard pallet.

https://www.alaskaflour.com/collections/barley-food-products/products/barley-flour-5lb

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 07/31/21.
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by VernAK
I'm sure one of these farmers would sell you 500 pounds but most don't have a convenient way to sack it.

Peterson farms sack oats and molasses for bear bait so they may sack some barley for you.

Try Delta Coop....I know they sell sacked oats.....

Thanks......Greatly appreciate.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
For the big dawg 25 lb bags, gotta call to order:

(907)895-4033

My Malamute dog's favorite meal, is boiled whole barley mush cooked with salmon carcass or bear meat.

More nutricous than rice.

It the nastiest smelling stuff on the face of the planet. Whenever I have guests from Anchorage or Fairbanks, I won't cook barley and salmon-eating bear carcass. They always dry-heave.

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 07/31/21.
A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
For the big dawg 25 lb bags, gotta call to order:

(907)895-4033

My Malamute dog's favorite meal, is boiled whole barley mush cooked with salmon carcass or bear meat.

More nutricous than rice.

It the nastiest smelling stuff on the face of the planet. Whenever I have guests from Anchorage or Fairbanks, I won't cook barley and salmon-eating bear carcass. They always dry-heave.

Any "Spit'ball" idea what it generally sells for (Just roughly)........I realize the price could jump a lot from year to year.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
In bulk, I believe $1.25 ish a lb... .

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
In bulk, I believe $1.25 ish a lb... .

THANK You......

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Dennis Green and son in Delta grows and bags 50#ers for retail of whole, crushed, and ground barley. Whole, crimped, and rolled oats.

I don’t reco the rolled oats for much of anything. It must be dry, and not steam, rolled. It had lots of dust.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by ironbender
Dennis Green and son in Delta grows and bags 50#ers for retail of whole, crushed, and ground barley. Whole, crimped, and rolled oats.

I don’t reco the rolled oats for much of anything. It must be dry, and not steam, rolled. It had lots of dust.

Thanks.........that would be "Perfect". I want "Whole" grains.......both barley and oats.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Not much d summer this year on Kodiak but lots of rain and fog

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

598 members (12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 22magnut, 65 invisible), 2,137 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,296
Posts18,449,007
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.