Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
The AK troll is funny.

Can't understand the multi species use of most meds.
Thinks a horse wormer is bad?

Our Vet told of working cattle in Vet school.
They were giving Holstiens (milk cows for the troll) shots to bring on heat.
One was raising hell, and the student with the pneumatic gun took a potshot at her. He got Jim instead. Repeated the act a couple cows later.

I had to ask. "Did you come into heat?"

He claimed not!😉

But it made him sick.
He later had kids even.

GrandDad accidentally vaccinated me for Black Leg when I was a kid when we were working cattle.

I’m still kicking. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm only 63 but I've used dexamethasone as needed when I get lame and can't go because of my back for 20+ years. I've heard dex is hard on your liver but I get my blood checked twice a year because I take ibuprofen 800 on a regular basis. If it's good enough for an animal it's good enough for me. I don't recommend anyone giving themselves a shot of LA 300, but it works also.

Life is good live it while you can.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

GrandDad accidentally vaccinated me for Black Leg when I was a kid when we were working cattle.

I’m still kicking. 🤠

I can't remember what it was my vet was injecting into my dog like ten years ago, but I was holding my dog down for him, and he accidentally poked my arm with the needle. Not sure if I got any of it, but he pulled the needle right out, and then got my dog as intended.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I'm only 63 but I've used dexamethasone as needed when I get lame and can't go because of my back for 20+ years. I've heard dex is hard on your liver but I get my blood checked twice a year because I take ibuprofen 800 on a regular basis. If it's good enough for an animal it's good enough for me. I don't recommend anyone giving themselves a shot of LA 300, but it works also.
It's acetaminophen {Tylenol} that will wreck your liver. Ibuprofen kills your kidneys.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
The AK troll is funny.

One was raising hell, and the student with the pneumatic gun took a potshot at her. He got Jim instead. Repeated the act a couple cows later.

He claimed not!😉

But it made him sick.
He later had kids even.

I’m still kicking. 🤠

Yeah. I got hit with some black leg juice one time too when they were handing syringes up to me on the shoot. Neal, how many times did some a-hole shoot you with Ivomec or Totalon??? Or get soaked with Co-ral while
Spraying? I can still taste that damn Marlate when the wind would shift. I imagine Sam, Jim, and others here experiencing same!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Had a cracked rib. Waiting to get into the authorized hmo Dr, I took a fare amount of Tylenol and ibuprofen. Told him. He about flipped, and said it was bad for me and gave me fentenyl! Prick! Before I had heard of Fentenyl, 2015ish.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
The AK troll is funny.

He claimed not!😉

But it made him sick.
He later had kids even.

I’m still kicking. 🤠

Yeah. I got hit with some black leg juice one time too when they were handing syringes up to me on the shoot. Neal, how many times did some a-hole shoot you with Ivomec or Totalon??? Or get soaked with Co-ral while
Spraying? I can still taste that damn Marlate when the wind would shift. I imagine Sam, Jim, and others here experiencing same!

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Action shot! Let's get this day going! Neighhhhh!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE

The idea that you all seem to think it’s going to protect you from covid is the laughable part. Imagine believing that……

The evidence for its efficacy is overwhelming.

I disagree but at this point in time, in America people are free to eat animal grade ivermectin to their hearts desire so do whatever you wish.

There have been some studies conducted overseas that show that ivermectin is effective. This is just one.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2214750021000445

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That's pretty ignorant. The chemical is packaged for both humans and animals. Assuming it's not on the package, they don't add some special horse ingredient into the ones packaged for use with horses. When your vet prescribes Cephlex for your dog because he has a skin infection, is your dog in danger because he's receiving human medicine? It's the chemical, not the packaging.

I don't think there's any difference in the quality of the chemical. The chemical is almost certainly manufactured at the same facilities regardless of which animals (humans or non-humans) are going to be getting it. I doubt the manufacturer of the active ingredient even knows which batches of it are going to end up in packaging for horses or for people.

For our resident medical expert who wants to call others ignorant....

First we have used ivermectin in the hospital setting. Not always, but they have used it to compare to other treatments to evaluate best case therapy. However, rarely now since other combinations, and relatively inexpensive ones, have proven to result in quicker and more reliable results. In Africa they don't always have the choices we do...so they use the best they have.

Human vs animal products? Hawkeye uses vague statements to validate his opinion. Words like, "I don't think and " I doubt." Hmm, doesn't give one much faith in his opinions. But yes, in most cases they are the same. But not always, in that the inactive ingredients may or may not be the same. Reason being, some of them may be harmful to certain animals. And different animals often have diverse metabolic pathways and sensitivity to certain ingredients. There is much more diversity in different animal populations than in a one species example, I.E. humans. However, on the whole they are the same. Flip the coin when hit comes to universally making your decision. In this case, it seems not a problem. But remember this paste is a concentrated form. Horses are large animals, so they make a little go a long way. How much you getting per squeeze. Can one get to much ivermectin? They can....

Now.. the Real Hswkeye feels that it is not necessary to indicate possible human side effects of ivermectin. He just prescribes for them to glup it down. He doesn't mention any medications that perhaps shouldn't be used with ivermectin. Doesn't mention if one should drink alcohol after dosing with ivermectin. Doesn't mention what blood and laboratory test may be skewed when ivermectin is used. Doesn't mention what one should look for regarding an adverse or anaphylactic reaction. Real physicians have been taken to court for failing to disclose the same. But then again...

As far as it being used in Africa...Are they using the pills specifically made for humans or are they squeezing it out of a tube for animal use? Doesn't address that either.

And last it is Keflex and not Cephlex......

While ivermectin does have an established use for Covid...That doesn't negate the caution that one should choose their physician with care....

Last edited by battue; 08/01/21.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Country boy will survive!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Country boy will survive!

grin

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
"And last it is Keflex and not Cephlex."

Actually, its chemical name is Cephalexin.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Actually you got that part right....Yeaaaa!!!!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by battue

Perhaps I got it all right, then. Hmmm? wink

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
That's pretty ignorant. The chemical is packaged for both humans and animals. Assuming it's not on the package, they don't add some special horse ingredient into the ones packaged for use with horses. When your vet prescribes Cephlex for your dog because he has a skin infection, is your dog in danger because he's receiving human medicine? It's the chemical, not the packaging.

I don't think there's any difference in the quality of the chemical. The chemical is almost certainly manufactured at the same facilities regardless of which animals (humans or non-humans) are going to be getting it. I doubt the manufacturer of the active ingredient even knows which batches of it are going to end up in packaging for horses or for people.

For our resident medical expert who wants to call others ignorant....

First we have used ivermectin in the hospital setting. Not always, but they have used it to compare to other treatments to evaluate best case therapy. However, rarely now since other combinations, and relatively inexpensive ones, have proven to result in quicker and more reliable results. In Africa they don't always have the choices we do...so they use the best they have.

Human vs animal products? Hawkeye uses vague statements to validate his opinion. Words like, "I don't think and " I doubt." Hmm, doesn't give one much faith in his opinions. But yes, in most cases they are the same. But not always, in that the inactive ingredients may or may not be the same. Reason being, some of them may be harmful to certain animals. And different animals often have diverse metabolic pathways and sensitivity to certain ingredients. There is much more diversity in different animal populations than in a one species example, I.E. humans. However, on the whole they are the same. Flip the coin when hit comes to universally making your decision. In this case, it seems not a problem. But remember this paste is a concentrated form. Horses are large animals, so they make a little go a long way. How much you getting per squeeze. Can one get to much ivermectin? They can....

Now.. the Real Hswkeye feels that it is not necessary to indicate possible human side effects of ivermectin. He just prescribes for them to glup it down. He doesn't mention any medications that perhaps shouldn't be used with ivermectin. Doesn't mention if one should drink alcohol after dosing with ivermectin. Doesn't mention what blood and laboratory test may be skewed when ivermectin is used. Doesn't mention what one should look for regarding an adverse or anaphylactic reaction. Real physicians have been taken to court for failing to disclose the same. But then again...

As far as it being used in Africa...Are they using the pills specifically made for humans or are they squeezing it out of a tube for animal use? Doesn't address that either.

And last it is Keflex and not Cephlex......

While ivermectin does have an established use for Covid...That doesn't negate the caution that one should choose their physician with care....

Good piece.
Thanks, battue.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Hmmm all you want...you are still a [bleep] fake MD....

Addition: However, that obvious fact has yet to refrain you from spewing your ever expanding knowledge of quackery. So once again....choose and give more than casual consideration to where you obtain important advice on any subject..

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

“Perhaps I don’t think so and I doubt “
Hmmm.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Action shot! Let's get this day going! Neighhhhh!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Chittin' worms yet?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

“Perhaps I don’t think so and I doubt “
Hmmm.

I thought we were buds.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 60 invisible), 2,642 guests, and 1,083 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,314
Posts18,468,321
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.