Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by worriedman
Had a 50 year old friend who died today from it and his wife is on 100% O2, three kids 17 year old twins and a 12 year old. She is a school teacher and had the vax, he did not.

Sucks to be part of the small percent that does not survive it.

Damn.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
GB1

M
MLC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sorry to hear about your friend? Do you know what kind of treatment they tried giving him?

Any politician who thinks they can fight the evil that has consumed the government is delusional or lying. There is no political solution.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Winston Church
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I was in almost 50 years ago. I haven’t a clue what the gave us or shot us up with. Only one I remember was that damn peanut butter consistancy shot that burned like a hot coal. I remember taking lots of shots and lots of pills. In boot camp we weren’t allowed to talk. Eveywhere else we went we really didn’t give a schidt what they shot us up with.

Gamma Globulin supposedly boosted your immune system, but it had it's hazards too... It is the reason they want all vets of the era previous to the 1990s checked for Hep C.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Had a 50 year old friend who died today from it and his wife is on 100% O2, three kids 17 year old twins and a 12 year old. She is a school teacher and had the vax, he did not.

Which vaccine did she get? Inquiring minds and all...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I was in almost 50 years ago. I haven’t a clue what the gave us or shot us up with. Only one I remember was that damn peanut butter consistancy shot that burned like a hot coal. I remember taking lots of shots and lots of pills. In boot camp we weren’t allowed to talk. Eveywhere else we went we really didn’t give a schidt what they shot us up with.

Gamma Globulin supposedly boosted your immune system, but it had it's hazards too... It is the reason they want all vets of the era previous to the 1990s checked for Hep C.

And they mainly gave it for Hep, crazy right.

I lived off those things and quinine man

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I’m on the IPA vaccine.

Haven’t been sick in 3 years and no covid visits.

I’m sure we’ll all be forced into it. But to say the vaccine is saving lives is like saying the flu shot works…..It does for some people.

When the FDA approves it, I’ll think about it, otherwise shove it up your azs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, its bad to hear folk dying. We can all agree something is going around, I wish we could all agree about the lies the left is spreading.

I just discovered something on what constitutes a “breakthrough” case and why the numbers are so low.

Fuggin trickery again.

Look at this chit and figure it out

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

Their criteria -vs- how averge joe see and talks about it is got them scrambling and off their game. Most folk just see “vaxed” or “jabbed” folk getting sick but thats not the criteria for “breakthrough” so it screws up the reporting.

But, many of these studies now are just saying “vaccinated” and that sinks their battleship

Cliff note:

If you are 14 days or less from last shot and get sick, its “breakthrough”

Otherwise, its DOESN’T WORK !

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 08/01/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So if the CDC had it their way.

If 1/2 of the vaxed folk got sick and only 2 met the criteria for “breakthrough” then they would discard the rest of the deck !

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
The medical field recognized widely, over a year ago, that a certain portion of the American populace had increased resistance to the Sars-CoV2 pathogen. Those who served in the U.S. Military from 1956-1996 were less likely to be affected by the virus, and if they were affected the impact was lessened and rarely serious enough to require hospitalization.

It wasn't complete protection, but even many who had multiple types and severe comorbidity survived infection. Long term smokers, diabetics, The morbidly obese, and many of those with severe cardiac complications and histories survived. Even at advanced age the protection seemed to be real.

And what exactly was it that offered this protection? All military members who served during those years received an unattenuated Adenovirus Type 4 and Type 7 vaccine in one form or another. During the late 70s when I served it came in the form of 2 pills.
In 1994 the manufacurer of the vaccine pills closed their doors and the supply was used up by 1996.

Because it was an unattenuated virus vaccine, it wasn't considered safe for the general populace and was only given to military members from ages 17-50, and deemed healthy.

Big Question?

For those who are leery of an mRNA vaccine, What would your concerns be over the Janssen/J&J vaccine?

As I understand it,the Janssen vax is an attenuated ( and thus safe for a larger demographic) adenovirus vaccine with the infection enhancing spike protein, seen in Sars-CoV2, spliced in so that the bodies immune system recognizes the virus that employs said spike protein and enhances immunity to it. There is no mRNA technology used in the vaccine, and it is similar to a vaccine that has been used, in unattenuated form for decades.

I'm onboard with the concept of vaccination, and seeking information on a covid19 vax for myself. I get the hesitation over the mRNA vaccines, and really don't wanna go there.

Given that all vaccines carry some risk, does anyone have a reason to believe the J&J shot is more hazardous than those given for Polio, Small Pox, or MMR?

Y?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Sounds promising and something of interest. But who needs a vaccine for a flu that less than 1% of the population dies from? Hardly anyone dies from the China flu anymore and yes I think the vaccine helps older people survive.

I want a shot that reduces my chanct uf surfifal frum 99.7% ta 95%.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dimecovers5

Too funny !

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

People die every day in car accidents.Is there a vax for them?Or maybe when your time is up you go.

Last edited by Huntz; 08/02/21.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

Cliff note:

Actually it is 100% opposite of what you said. From your link a breakthrough case is defined as a case 14 or more days after your last dose. Not defending or refuting the effectiveness of the vaccine, but misreading the link can cause issues.

For the purpose of this surveillance, a vaccine breakthrough infection is defined as the detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA or antigen in a respiratory specimen collected from a person ≥14 days after they have completed all recommended doses of a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-authorized COVID-19 vaccine.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Did he have prior health problems or overweight? I had it, and the only reason it gave me hell was I have asthma. I've known a lot of people that had it, and none even needed to go to the hospital. Sorry for your loss.

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
For whoever catches covid 19 it is still 99.98% survival. You hardly need a vaccine for that. More people die in car accidents.

Got a son in law who's full time gig is genetic research. Got an occasional fishing buddy who's gig is ER physician. Both of these guys are fairly bright and have questioning minds. Neither one is a virologist, by any stretch of the imagination, but they both speak scientific language, and I think they have a deeper understanding of C19 than I do

Fer instance, neither is a mask nazi. At least not in their private lives.

Both of these guys believe that covid19 is a sneaky bastard that just may be able to come back and hit you again. And again.

As for myself, I think that if it does hit me again, the effect may be cumulative, and get worse each episode. I read something like that somewhere and it seemed to make sense.

I also figure that since i had it once I should have immunity. Both of these guys agree that it's true, but question how long the immunity lasts and how effective it is. Both of these guys are vaxed. Both with the Pfizer mRNA vaccine. One knows full well he had the virus. One has never had symptoms or been tested.
Neither one of these guys is going over the top, with people they know, ranting about the need for a vaccine. Only reason I know what they think is I asked them.

It's my nature to suspect new and untested medicine. I believe the mRNA vaccines are cutting edge science, and likely safe. I think,though, for the foreseeable future, i'd prefer something a bit less cutting edge, like the Janssen Vaccine.

Big Question, once again...

Does anyone here have any reason to believe that such a vaccine is more dangerous than other common vaccines?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Does anyone here have a friend or relative directly involved in putting the micro chips in vaccines?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by K1500
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

Cliff note:

Actually it is 100% opposite of what you said. From your link a breakthrough case is defined as a case 14 or more days after your last dose. Not defending or refuting the effectiveness of the vaccine, but misreading the link can cause issues.

For the purpose of this surveillance, a vaccine breakthrough infection is defined as the detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA or antigen in a respiratory specimen collected from a person ≥14 days after they have completed all recommended doses of a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-authorized COVID-19 vaccine.

My bad indeed

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Does anyone here have a friend or relative directly involved in putting the micro chips in vaccines?

No one here has any information on micro chips in vaccines! This is just a bunch of people trying to start an argument, or pim p off some obscure theory! That has no evidence or credence!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have to be a heckuva micro-microchip to fit through that teeny-tiny needle.

Ain’t science amazing!🙄

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 56 invisible), 2,345 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,251
Posts18,466,956
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.