Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 76 77
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I was just driving home from Hooters. Two things struck me while there. They are having a hard time recruiting talent, and who the hell orders Hooters to go? I mean even with the lower level of talent, it's still Hooters. While I was driving home, the governor was having a COVID press brief. Our governor is a democrat, but I have to applaud him for keeping these briefs absolutely non-political.

He had a doctor come on and give some numbers.

LA is short 6000 nurses.

Tomorrow, hospitalizations will be at an all time high since the pandemic began.

The average age of the person who dies from Covid has dropped from 75 to 65.

Fatalities among people under 40 years of age has gone up nearly 500%

Fully vaccinated people are 25 times less likely to be hospitalized and 25 times less likely to die from COVID.

Vaccinated people are 8 times less likely to contract COVID.

He was still talking when I got home, but I had an order from Natchez Shooters Supply on the porch and wanted to open it, to see what I'd have to return for being defective.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 08/02/21.
BP-B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Three things, you don't like tits.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
The China flu came through the fishing fleet in Grand isle and Leeville at the end of June, beginning of July. It's gone now and nobody is worried about Covid-19 anymore. Even the 2 dopers with really bad COPD somehow miraculously survived. Just look around and think for a minute....how many people do I personally know that have died because of Covid-19 and not some other underlying health condition.

Life is good live it while you can.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I was just driving home from Hooters. Two things struck me while there. They are having a hard time recruiting talent, and who the hell orders Hooters to go? I mean even with the lower level of talent, it's still Hooters. While I was driving home, the governor was having a COVID press brief. Out governor is a democrat, but I have to applaud him for keeping these briefs absolutely non-political.

LA is short 6000 nurses.

Tomorrow, hospitalizations will be at an all time high since the pandemic began.

Fully vaccinated people are 25 times less likely to be hospitalized and 25 times less likely to die from COVID.

He was still talking when I got home, but I had an order from Natchez Shooters Supply on the porch and wanted to open it, to see what I'd have to return for being defective.

How do you know his delivery was not political? Because he did not say Republican? LOL Every time a politician speaks it is political. Every time. Whatever he says is modulated to retain power.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Instead of just percentage increases, I'd prefer to see the actual case number increases as well. Going from 1 death to 5 deaths is a 400% increase, but still not a huge number of actual case deaths.

Now with even more aplomb
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I watched just too see him put his mask mandate in place,and changed the channel.Looks like i will have to put my medical mask exemption card back in my wallet.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldHat
I was just driving home from Hooters. Two things struck me while there. They are having a hard time recruiting talent, and who the hell orders Hooters to go? I mean even with the lower level of talent, it's still Hooters. While I was driving home, the governor was having a COVID press brief. Out governor is a democrat, but I have to applaud him for keeping these briefs absolutely non-political.

LA is short 6000 nurses.

How do you know his delivery was not political? Because he did not say Republican? LOL Every time a politician speaks it is political. Every time. Whatever he says is modulated to retain power.

I knew when I typed that someone would take issue with it and try not to understand. I figured others would understand in the broader scheme of things. It's okay that you are in the former camp.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I Out governor is a democrat, but I have to applaud him for keeping these briefs absolutely non-political.

Well, as long as it was a Dr. giving numbers.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

D
dpd Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
He's a Democrat . When his lips are moving .... He's lying !!!!

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by JPro
Instead of just percentage increases, I'd prefer to see the actual case number increases as well. Going from 1 death to 5 deaths is a 400% increase, but still not a huge number of actual case deaths.

Yep. Show me the raw data. Let me make my own judgement. Spent 3 years working for a PhD Statistician. His favorite saying was "Figures don't lie. But, liars figure."

This coming from one of the original "Ivory Towers" of corporate America.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Riverc
I watched just too see him put his mask mandate in place,and changed the channel.Looks like i will have to put my medical mask exemption card back in my wallet.

One thing the doctor said that can't really be supported with data is that where mask mandates have been put into place, infection rates have dropped, so the mask mandates are working. To my knowledge there was never just a mask mandate. There were always other measures in place with the mask mandates. Further, I suspect when masks are being worn, people are much more aware of other transmission risks and are mitigating those either wittingly or unwittingly.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by JPro

Yep. Show me the raw data. Let me make my own judgement. Spent 3 years working for a PhD Statistician. His favorite saying was "Figures don't lie. But, liars figure."

This coming from one of the original "Ivory Towers" of corporate America.

These charts are interesting and can help shed some light on some of the questions. I wouldn't draw any conclusions on the latest data just yet, but if the trend continues, in a week or so I think we'll be able to make a fairly definitive statement about the death rate from the Delta variant.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/coronavirus-covid-19-spread-map/state/louisiana

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

I figured others would understand in the broader scheme of things. It's okay that you are in the former camp.

Like who.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

One thing the doctor said that can't really be supported with data is that where mask mandates have been put into place, infection rates have dropped, so the mask mandates are working. To my knowledge there was never just a mask mandate. There were always other measures in place with the mask mandates. Further, I suspect when masks are being worn, people are much more aware of other transmission risks and are mitigating those either wittingly or unwittingly.

unwittingly? Like unconsciously? How?

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Son in law, daughter, and granddaughter have Commie 19 now. Mild cases

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

unwittingly? Like unconsciously? How?

Touching your fingers to your face/nose/mouth is a common way for disease to spread. The mask is both a physical barrier and a reminder. While I might normally walk right up to a bud and shake his hand (both behavioral risks,) my mask and his mask might serve as conscious or an unconscious reminder not to do that. When I worked in an office complex where masks were required, they were not required in my own office space. When I reentered my office space and peeled my mask off, that was my reminder to use hand sanitizer.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
Son in law, daughter, and granddaughter have Commie 19 now. Mild cases

I hope they remain relatively well, recover quickly and have no lingering effects.

D
dpd Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
I'm amazed that anybody can believe anything that a member of the democratic party says. They closed the Canadian border but leave the southern border open and allow unvaccinated illegals to come in then ship them all over the country. Yet they tell me I need to wear a mask . Every time Faucci opens his month lies come out. Along with the CDC and WHO. Yet people still believe all the BS they say.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dpd
I'm amazed that anybody can believe anything that a member of the democratic party says. They closed the Canadian border but leave the southern border open and allow unvaccinated illegals to come in then ship them all over the country. Yet they tell me I need to wear a mask . Every time Faucci opens his month lies come out. Along with the CDC and WHO. Yet people still believe all the BS they say.

If you'll note, my post was almost entirely about what the doctor said. I have no idea what his political affiliation is.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
EVERY vaxed member of my family in LA is sick right now, NONE of the others are. NEW Orleans, old Metairie , Kenner, Luling, Houma, Morgan City, and Baton Rouge.

Its a butt load of them too.

Paul, I have a church function down there later this month and I’m staying at the Navy base. If they close churches again I’m canceling.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 08/02/21.
Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 76 77

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
706 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 77 invisible), 2,940 guests, and 1,372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,681
Posts18,399,678
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.