I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Need more Social Workers!!

Yep. The future of law enforcement.

No, I strongly suspect the future of law enforcement in metropolitan areas will be as Barak projected to us many years ago. Walled communities with private police forces. You will get all the police protection you can afford.

We, of the plebeian class will be left to defend ourselves with butter knives and quarterstaffs after the Stalinistas confiscate our firearms.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Over time pendulums swing back and forth. It’s swung all the way left. It’s going to be ugly when it swings back.
Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

No, I strongly suspect the future of law enforcement in metropolitan areas will be as Barak projected to us many years ago. Walled communities with private police forces. You will get all the police protection you can afford.

We, of the plebeian class will be left to defend ourselves with butter knives and quarterstaffs after the Stalinistas confiscate our firearms.

Don’t things now and the future look just roses y’all?
Grins

Some hard landings are on the horizon and are clearly visible when you look back and see how far and how fast things have come and the directions that they are going:

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Grins

Some hard landings are on the horizon and are clearly visible when you look back and see how far and how fast things have come and the directions that they are going:

I love the massive brainpower on display here between IS and Toot. LMAO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Sheister
The biggest problem with Portland is the piss poor liberal leadership .... they have not only allowed the city to get to the point that homeless camps litter every section of the city these days, but their policies have done nothing but encourage the homeless population and haven't done a thing to help people get off the streets. Add Antifa/BLM into the mix and you have a recipe for a slum city in the making....

There are still parts of Portland that are beautiful and perfectly safe, but the areas where a lot of people who visit Portland would like to see are either run down from the political and terrorist turmoil land riots, or are at the end of roads leading into the city that are lined with homeless encampments, garbage, derelicts, and undesirables... not the kind of picture a city should want to put out to the world in any case.

I live about 15 miles outside of Portland and most of the urban areas around Portland are in great shape and keep the issues to a minimum. Our police forces are well supported by the community and we don't require citizen oversight of the police to maintain great communities. In fact, other than Portland, there are really no real problems to speak of in Oregon and most of the state is still as beautiful as ever- not counting the areas being consumed by wild fires these days..... having to defend our state because of a bunch of liberal a-holes who have let our leading city go to he!! in a handbasket has gotten old for sure....

Bob

I have not more than just passed through Portland on the Interstate in 10 years.

But I have been in Bend several times, Salem, Eugene, Sisters, and Newport enough to know that you are greatly exaggerating any good in the part of Oregon which is West of the East slope of the Cascades.

Harney and Malheur County are almost liveable, at least they were before the statewide legalization of pot.

It has only been six months since Oregon decriminalized Heroin, Meth, Cocain, Oxycodone, etc. That is surely bound to make the state a wonderful place for a young conservative to raise a family.

But hey, there's always a bright side. If your kids get into dope despite your best efforts, you will not be concerned with them going to prison or having a felony record.

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Over time pendulums swing back and forth. It’s swung all the way left. It’s going to be ugly when it swings back.
Hasbeen

I think 1935 through 1940 Russia goes far to prove the pendulum still has a way to go toward the left.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Grins

Grab a pen & paper. Take notes. You might just learn something.

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Heym06

. Why don't you just post the link to fox news you gathered the data from, and save yourself the typing!

Wall Street Journal

https://www.wsj.com/articles/portla...-to-fight-rising-murder-rate-11627896601

copy and paste.

Last edited by KFWA; 08/02/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Who cares?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The so-called "gun violence team" used to be the called the gang enforcement team. That's what they actually did, but the Left wanted a more politically correct name.

Word has it that some of the moneyed power brokers in Portland are putting serious pressure on the mayor and DA to enforce the law and stop the craziness. These people own lots of property in downtown Portland and the current situation is reducing the value of their holdings. We'll see what actually happens.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Anti police, anti law enforcement, pro criminal liberal city where the local gov leadership sides and protests with the violent criminals, and drops all charges against them. Why would anyone want to be in law enforcement there? Let the people of Portland handle their own problems.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
KFWA: I spent 29 years "on the job" in a first class city (at the time!) just 150 miles north of portlandia - I would NOT do police work in either city, nowadays, for ANY amount of money.
I say let them (portlandians) stew in their own [bleep] (that they created!) for a few years and maybe the lesson they will learn will stick with them a while?
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The biggest problem with Portland is the piss poor liberal leadership .... they have not only allowed the city to get to the point that homeless camps litter every section of the city these days, but their policies have done nothing but encourage the homeless population and haven't done a thing to help people get off the streets. Add Antifa/BLM into the mix and you have a recipe for a slum city in the making....

There are still parts of Portland that are beautiful and perfectly safe, but the areas where a lot of people who visit Portland would like to see are either run down from the political and terrorist turmoil land riots, or are at the end of roads leading into the city that are lined with homeless encampments, garbage, derelicts, and undesirables... not the kind of picture a city should want to put out to the world in any case.

I live about 15 miles outside of Portland and most of the urban areas around Portland are in great shape and keep the issues to a minimum. Our police forces are well supported by the community and we don't require citizen oversight of the police to maintain great communities. In fact, other than Portland, there are really no real problems to speak of in Oregon and most of the state is still as beautiful as ever- not counting the areas being consumed by wild fires these days..... having to defend our state because of a bunch of liberal a-holes who have let our leading city go to he!! in a handbasket has gotten old for sure....

Bob

I have not more than just passed through Portland on the Interstate in 10 years.

But I have been in Bend several times, Salem, Eugene, Sisters, and Newport enough to know that you are greatly exaggerating any good in the part of Oregon which is West of the East slope of the Cascades.

Harney and Malheur County are almost liveable, at least they were before the statewide legalization of pot.

It has only been six months since Oregon decriminalized Heroin, Meth, Cocain, Oxycodone, etc. That is surely bound to make the state a wonderful place for a young conservative to raise a family.

But hey, there's always a bright side. If your kids get into dope despite your best efforts, you will not be concerned with them going to prison or having a felony record.

I'm starting to agree with the members here who think you're an idiot. For a guy who passes through the state you seem to have a pretty nasty disposition of our state. Funny, I live a pretty full life here and don't have the problems you seem to assign to everything in this state.. I go to car shows (in Portland at PIR), I go to gunshows (in Portland at several different venues), I hang out in different places in our city and other cities that are urban to Portland, I even stay at the coast in Newport, Lincoln City, Netarts, and other places with no problems at all. Heck, tomorrow I'm going down to the mouth of the Columbia river to fish for salmon in the Buoy 10 fishery and don't expect any problems short of figuring out how to launch my boat and not getting run over by another boat in the river... by simply avoiding downtown Portland core, you avoid 99% of the problems in this state.

As far as the drug issues- I don't agree with the new rules, but the fact is people who use drugs are going to use drugs regardless of the laws- people who don't use drugs aren't automatically going to start doing drugs just because the laws were changed to avoid having to provide jail space and continuous treatment for drug users who are a continuous drag on society in any case....

Yes, there are lots of liberals in Salem, Bend, Sisters, and other places just like there are in Boise, Nampa, Sun Valley, and other places... it is just as easy to just avoid them as I do when loudmouths from Idaho start talking crap about things they don't understand. I'm sure you can find a cave somewhere to hide from the rest of the world and then you won't have to deal with everyone else in the world who doesn't meet your approval....

But hey, have a nice day anyway if that is possible...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Grins

Yep. Beats your stupid bullschit posts all to hell.
Bobbie Brown, the Fires affirmative action poster. If the Fire had an approve/disapprove button for worthwhile posters, your azz would be out of here. Count yourself lucky that Bin doesn’t have an intelligence test to join.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Oh My Say It Ain't So shocked

Why oh why would they have trouble finding anyone DUMB enuff to be LEO in 'dumpland'. smirk

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Bob

I'm starting to agree with the members here who think you're an idiot. For a guy who passes through the state you seem to have a pretty nasty disposition of our state. Funny, I live a pretty full life here and don't have the problems you seem to assign to everything in this state.. I go to car shows (in Portland at PIR), I go to gunshows (in Portland at several different venues), I hang out in different places in our city and other cities that are urban to Portland, I even stay at the coast in Newport, Lincoln City, Netarts, and other places with no problems at all. Heck, tomorrow I'm going down to the mouth of the Columbia river to fish for salmon in the Buoy 10 fishery and don't expect any problems short of figuring out how to launch my boat and not getting run over by another boat in the river... by simply avoiding downtown Portland core, you avoid 99% of the problems in this state.

As far as the drug issues- I don't agree with the new rules, but the fact is people who use drugs are going to use drugs regardless of the laws- people who don't use drugs aren't automatically going to start doing drugs just because the laws were changed to avoid having to provide jail space and continuous treatment for drug users who are a continuous drag on society in any case....

Yes, there are lots of liberals in Salem, Bend, Sisters, and other places just like there are in Boise, Nampa, Sun Valley, and other places... it is just as easy to just avoid them as I do when loudmouths from Idaho start talking crap about things they don't understand. I'm sure you can find a cave somewhere to hide from the rest of the world and then you won't have to deal with everyone else in the world who doesn't meet your approval....

But hey, have a nice day anyway if that is possible...

Sorry I hurt your little feelers.

But there is damned good reason that there is a huge building boom on the East side of the Snake River but as soon as you cross the river property values plummet.

I spend 60 hrs/week in Oregon and have for forty years. Half our work force lives in Oregon, but many are fleeing East across the River. Property values are much higher in Idaho, but tax rates make up for much of that.

The native Oregonians don't even like Oregon anymore. They can't even draw a deer, elk, or bear tag. So they buy over the counter tags and hunt Idaho.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
And yes, Ada and Canyon County Idaho are just about as bad as most of Oregon.

Grangeville looks better all the time.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
shocking....

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
KFWA: I spent 29 years "on the job" in a first class city (at the time!) just 150 miles north of portlandia - I would NOT do police work in either city, nowadays, for ANY amount of money.
I say let them (portlandians) stew in their own [bleep] (that they created!) for a few years and maybe the lesson they will learn will stick with them a while?
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

This ^^^.. I did 32 years on a small department and a department that went from medium to large. I retired in 2008. I would not go back on any department and I even convinced my son to not apply at a large Iowa P.D. when he thought it would be a good idea.

If you want to look at a successful P.D. look at Rudy Giuliani's New York city. It's is called the broken windows theory of enforcement. Rudy had it under control but the civil liberties types hated it. I think the southern poverty law center were the primary hater's of Rudy's style of enforcement. Too man bad guys were going to jail.

Well, you see what they have now. Portland has it. Seattle has it and Minneapolis has it. Who knows how many other cities are going to have it if they don't have it now. The trial lawyers association of America are killing America. They are getting fat and well fed and the rest of us are paying the bills. When Americans get tired of their skanky asses maybe things will change. But, not one minute before then.

Until then, there will not be a cop taking calls in less than 20 years. By then, the system will be too badly damaged to repair. We will just become another banana republic while the lawyers and rich will be living behind gated communities and have their own private police departments. With computers many will never have to leave the house. Cases will be heard from private offices and no one will have to even put on clothes. Maybe a shirt and ties to look good on camera. Welcome to the 21st century.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Joining a specialized unit guarantees you are about to get thrown into the worst of the worst neighborhoods. Your chances of making the news one way or another goes up exponentially.

Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Hasbeen

Yup.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (10Glocks, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 1973cb450, 10 invisible), 1,488 guests, and 702 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,678
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.