Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
What do you think the chances the gvt confiscates PMs when the fiat system collapses?

My guess is 100%

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
The gov't might ask that folks turn them in, but I would think confiscation is impossible as a practical matter.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JeffP
What do you think the chances the gvt confiscates PMs when the fiat system collapses?

My guess is 100%

They're going to confiscate 401k's first but will float it with "we're taking it only from Bezo's, Gates etc" to see the appetite. No one will say boo and then everyone's is gone under the guise of "you'll get it back - just from us, not your 401k account"

Me

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Teal

My guess is 100%

They're going to confiscate 401k's first but will float it with "we're taking it only from Bezo's, Gates etc" to see the appetite. No one will say boo and then everyone's is gone under the guise of "you'll get it back - just from us, not your 401k account"

Ask Dutch what was done in The Netherlands. There’s the template for our IRA accounts and with only a few keystrokes per account.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
The government dislikes any form of value that allows personal exchange(except art). That is why they hate crypto as it exists today.

They want to control the flow of economic transactions. So I think it's possible, but not because they want the metal.

I'm just not sure what the fiat collapse will look like. I really think the great reset is about building a "soft landing" from a debt collapse all at the expense of individual freedom. I believe the central digital currencies will be the vehicle they will try and use to reset world debt. A flip from one fiat currency to another.

I have no idea though how exactly this is going to play out.

IC B2

J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I think anyway people can barter outside the next system will come under attack.

As Mike Maloney said well in his best-selling book, Guide to Investing in Gold and Silver:

“Confiscation all comes down to this: the government makes the rules, changes the rules, and enforces the rules. Though it lacks the moral right, it can create legal authority. Though it lacks the constitutional empowerment, it can turn a blind eye to the Constitution… The Constitution did not stop the government from taking people’s gold in 1933.”

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I think anyway people can barter outside the next system will come under attack.

As Mike Maloney said well in his best-selling book, Guide to Investing in Gold and Silver:

“Confiscation all comes down to this: the government makes the rules, changes the rules, and enforces the rules. Though it lacks the moral right, it can create legal authority. Though it lacks the constitutional empowerment, it can turn a blind eye to the Constitution… The Constitution did not stop the government from taking people’s gold in 1933.”

There’s a lot more on deck here than just PMs but your point is well taken especially knowing that the past too easily becomes prologue and there is a history of confiscation to go by.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Confiscation would be way too expensive and time consuming. Barring the sale would be the way they would go if at all. Which would still leave investors the option to sell privately. Now finding potential private buyers might become hard to do.

As far as Crypto goes...... It's here to stay in some fashion or another. El Salvador has made BTC an official currency, I see other countries following suit soon. There are Crypto ATM's in both America and Europe already. Coinbase has a Crypto Debit Card. Do I think Crypto will be the same in a few years as it is today? No, it will continue to advance, change, and get stronger. BUT!!!!!!!! The governments will figure out a way to regulate and tax it.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Confiscation would be way too expensive and time consuming. Barring the sale would be the way they would go if at all. Which would still leave investors the option to sell privately. Now finding potential private buyers might become hard to do.

As far as Crypto goes...... It's here to stay in some fashion or another. El Salvador has made BTC an official currency, I see other countries following suit soon. There are Crypto ATM's in both America and Europe already. Coinbase has a Crypto Debit Card. Do I think Crypto will be the same in a few years as it is today? No, it will continue to advance, change, and get stronger. BUT!!!!!!!! The governments will figure out a way to regulate and tax it.

Goldman Sachs recently got into the crypto markets as have other large investments houses.

J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Crypto is perfect for gvts to track every transaction. They would love it...

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Goldman Sachs recently got into the crypto markets as have other large investments houses.

Yes Sir as has a bunch of strong Hedge Funds.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

No it is not and why a lot of Governments are opposing them. You might want to read up more on them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If it comes to that, it will be past time to invoke the 2nd.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I uses to buy mostly silver because historically the government didn't really go after it. The problem is that it gets bulky and heavy. It's hard to store and transport. I've been buying more gold lately but I worry about loosing it every time I take it boating.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe gold and silver would be worth a bunch more if the government didn't have a history of criminalizing the ownership of gold. And they got by with it (FDR in 1933). And right away devalued the federal reserve notes they used to redeem the outlawed gold.
Speaking of federal reserve notes, it won't belong before they are gone. Your only legal means of exchange will be an account that is accessed by moving balances around. Stand by.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Consider me ignorant. I'm not a big follower of financial stuff.

What is a "PM" in the terms you folks are discussing?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Precious metals.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J

No it is not and why a lot of Governments are opposing them. You might want to read up more on them.

Well if you read how the various alphabet agencies can collect information, you would understand how easy it will be to gather all your financial transactions using digital currency .
Combine that with the quote above “Confiscation all comes down to this: the government makes the rules, changes the rules, and enforces the rules”

Nothing beats face to face barter for anonymity.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

My guess is 100%

The government is going to confiscate PM Phillip Morris stock or the post meridian? Even Google does not know what PM means in this context

I VOTED FOR TRUMP TWICE, AND WILL VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN
J
JeffP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Well most with an IQ over room temperature would know. And if you don’t know, you probably are not invested in them anyway....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

605 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1lessdog, 1234, 16penny, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,031 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,267
Posts18,448,289
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.