Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 77 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 76 77
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mach3
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
From right across the state line on the MS Coast.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Lol, what's the source? Nobody is this gullible, I hope.

The source is Singing River Hospital. They have been running this daily since the Delta spike.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lol, what's the source?

I wonder if it could be Singing River Health System and Ochsner Health?

It is only in giant typeface at the bottom, I can see how it would be difficult for some to read.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

The source is Singing River Hospital. They have been running this daily since the Delta spike.

Oshcners in Baton Rouge was doing the same also.
Haven’t seen it in a while.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Healthcare has been co-opted by the bureaucrats it's as trust worthy old Old Cooter.... in other words not at all.....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by irfubar

You will not receive the benefit of a doubt ... ever again....

Again???

😂

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by jwp475

Paul Bernard of course it was political

I have been following Sweden throughout the pandemic, interested in seeing what result they get with their hands off approaches versus the lock down approach. Purely from medical curiosity and not from political interests.

A few things need to be understood before diving into the data. Viruses are opportunistic organisms. They hunt hosts. Early on, hosts are plentiful and the transmission is easy. After you get to a certain point, hosts are harder to find, and the numbers drop. Next, to judge the effectiveness of Sweden, GB, or any other country it will need to be judged AFTER the pandemic ends and all the data is in. Looking at daily or weekly snapshots are not accurate.

Historically, respiratory pandemics run 18 ± months from outbreak to peak transmission to the crash of number of new cases. There are still new cases after that for a time, but the logarithmic growth in new cases is done. Think of it like a pot of boiling water. A few bubbles transform into many until the pot boils over and it simmers down. Maybe another analogy is the atomic fission model with ping pong balls and mouse traps. While not exactly the same, it is a decent representation of how virus number grow, crest, and crash: 1:35 mark.
So let's look at Sweden. It is a country of about 10 million people. It has a major population concentration around the capital. For comparison, the State of Georgia has about 10 million people, with a major population concentration around the capital.
Let's look at the data now:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Sweden

Total cases - 1,101,000
Deaths - 14,640
Active cases 10.641

Georgia

Total Cases - 1,185,571
Deaths - 21,698
Active Cases - 74,752

Pretty similar results lockdown/masks vs. no lockdown and very casual mask usage and social distancing. I caution agaist making definitive conclusions because Georgia is not Sweden, but the obvious is the obvious. The virus did what viruses do with or without the harsh measures.

For those interested, Click through the site and look at the graphs between US and Sweden and spread of the disease, how many months until the numbers peaked, and the current number of deaths and new cases. Sweden did experience a double wave before the numbers crashed. The US had the typical rise and fall, however we are seeing a rise in new cases popping back up. The more important graph is daily deaths. So far, daily deaths have not spiked up with the number of new cases. Once again, I caution against drawing conclusions just yet, but so far, the Delta varient has not been responsible to a huge spike in deaths. US C-19 deaths peaked about Jan-Feb 2021 and have crashed. We shall see if the Delta changes that.

Interim Conclusions

Nobody has criticized Sweden for a number of months now. Turns out their strategy got results similar enough to everybody else. Why is that? Once the virus was out of Wuhan, it was going to hunt hosts. Unless you lived on an island that could be locked down, the virus was going to get transmitted no matter what. The original shutdown strategy was to designed as a temporary measure to prevent hospitals and health care from being overwhelmed. Then it was politicized "to slow the spread" ax was ready. In the end, the virus was going to spread no matter what.

The medical community has no way other than an effective vax or complete herd immunity to "stop" the spread. Note: nobody has ever said "stop" the spread, only "slow the spread". Politicians are the ones that are desparate for a solution that does not exist beyond the above. Swedes have more trust in their government because they believe their government wants what is best for all Swedes, and what gets them re-elected. Thus, the Swedish government was able to take this appraoch without an opposition Party blasting them at every turn. Note that the decision makers in Sweden got plenty of criticism during the peak months of transmission, but I'd say looking at things right now, their way was no worse than the lockdown/mask fiasco.
statestatestatestatestate

Knowing stuff can be frustrating sometimes. Rest assured, some of us appreciate the effort.

So many Medical Doctors, Virologist and full time Researchers here at The Campfire.
Refreshing.

Plenty talent visits this site. They seldom stay.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Lol, what's the source?

I wonder if it could be Singing River Health System and Ochsner Health?

It is only in giant typeface at the bottom, I can see how it would be difficult for some to read.

No chit. Show where it says 'hospital'. Pardon me, not familiar with the name or the area. Just asking to make sure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475

Paul Bernard of course it was political

I have been following Sweden throughout the pandemic, interested in seeing what result they get with their hands off approaches versus the lock down approach. Purely from medical curiosity and not from political interests.

A few things need to be understood before diving into the data. Viruses are opportunistic organisms. They hunt hosts. Early on, hosts are plentiful and the transmission is easy. After you get to a certain point, hosts are harder to find, and the numbers drop. Next, to judge the effectiveness of Sweden, GB, or any other country it will need to be judged AFTER the pandemic ends and all the data is in. Looking at daily or weekly snapshots are not accurate.

Historically, respiratory pandemics run 18 ± months from outbreak to peak transmission to the crash of number of new cases. There are still new cases after that for a time, but the logarithmic growth in new cases is done. Think of it like a pot of boiling water. A few bubbles transform into many until the pot boils over and it simmers down. Maybe another analogy is the atomic fission model with ping pong balls and mouse traps. While not exactly the same, it is a decent representation of how virus number grow, crest, and crash: 1:35 mark.
So let's look at Sweden. It is a country of about 10 million people. It has a major population concentration around the capital. For comparison, the State of Georgia has about 10 million people, with a major population concentration around the capital.
Let's look at the data now:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Sweden

Total cases - 1,101,000
Deaths - 14,640
Active cases 10.641

Georgia

Total Cases - 1,185,571
Deaths - 21,698
Active Cases - 74,752

Pretty similar results lockdown/masks vs. no lockdown and very casual mask usage and social distancing. I caution agaist making definitive conclusions because Georgia is not Sweden, but the obvious is the obvious. The virus did what viruses do with or without the harsh measures.

For those interested, Click through the site and look at the graphs between US and Sweden and spread of the disease, how many months until the numbers peaked, and the current number of deaths and new cases. Sweden did experience a double wave before the numbers crashed. The US had the typical rise and fall, however we are seeing a rise in new cases popping back up. The more important graph is daily deaths. So far, daily deaths have not spiked up with the number of new cases. Once again, I caution against drawing conclusions just yet, but so far, the Delta varient has not been responsible to a huge spike in deaths. US C-19 deaths peaked about Jan-Feb 2021 and have crashed. We shall see if the Delta changes that.

Interim Conclusions

Nobody has criticized Sweden for a number of months now. Turns out their strategy got results similar enough to everybody else. Why is that? Once the virus was out of Wuhan, it was going to hunt hosts. Unless you lived on an island that could be locked down, the virus was going to get transmitted no matter what. The original shutdown strategy was to designed as a temporary measure to prevent hospitals and health care from being overwhelmed. Then it was politicized "to slow the spread" ax was ready. In the end, the virus was going to spread no matter what.

The medical community has no way other than an effective vax or complete herd immunity to "stop" the spread. Note: nobody has ever said "stop" the spread, only "slow the spread". Politicians are the ones that are desparate for a solution that does not exist beyond the above. Swedes have more trust in their government because they believe their government wants what is best for all Swedes, and what gets them re-elected. Thus, the Swedish government was able to take this appraoch without an opposition Party blasting them at every turn. Note that the decision makers in Sweden got plenty of criticism during the peak months of transmission, but I'd say looking at things right now, their way was no worse than the lockdown/mask fiasco.
statestatestatestatestate

Knowing stuff can be frustrating sometimes. Rest assured, some of us appreciate the effort.

So many Medical Doctors, Virologist and full time Researchers here at The Campfire.
Refreshing.

Plenty talent visits this site. They seldom stay.

Why are you here?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Do they also report various types of chest cold numbers and flu cases? Let me guess....nope. All considered Covid. All BULLCHIT.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just asking to make sure.

I'm not familiar with the name or the area either. I avoid places overwhelmed with joggers.

But somehow I figured it out. Those who can do, those who can't don't.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Brother Toot, can I recommend the "pic's or it didn't happen" thread? you may find a happy place.... smile

You may want to reread my comment on the felt value of your advice.
But thanks.

Oh.... well this is awkward.... I guess I tend to be more optimistic.... well good luck.... oh and GFY hahahahhahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahah

Thanks.
It always comes out.

I think you’ll agree that’s a good thing.

If you would hit your wife up again for all of that inside the walls of hospitals info that she has regular ongoing access to and report back.

Ohh,,and G ood F or Y ou, too, fubar.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by goalie

Again???

😂

You tell’em, puck boy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brother Toot, can I recommend the "pic's or it didn't happen" thread? you may find a happy place.... smile

But thanks.

Oh.... well this is awkward.... I guess I tend to be more optimistic.... well good luck.... oh and GFY hahahahhahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahah

Thanks.
It always comes out.

If you would hit your wife up again for all of that inside the walls of hospitals info that she has regular ongoing access to and report back.

I underestimated what a vile pos you are.... congrats.... but you go girl, you against the whole fire .... winning...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

But thanks.

Thanks.
It always comes out.

I underestimated what a vile pos you are.... congrats.... but you go girl, you against the whole fire .... winning...

Frame it any way that makes you comfortable. At least now you’re not such a phony as before.

Don’t forget Ignore unless your needs are too strong.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert
Is obesity a problem on the gulf coast?

It is in all of the poor states in the country.

I wonder if there is any correlation between that and most southern states being 40% black?

Actually, it's about technology...air conditioning to be exact. Almost nobody was "obese" in the South 50 years ago. Somebody who has never lived where it is 90° + and 90% humidity for nine months of the year can't relate.

Perhaps it's more about the great president from Texas in the 60's?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Just asking to make sure.

I'm not familiar with the name or the area either. I avoid places overwhelmed with joggers.

But somehow I figured it out. Those who can do, those who can't don't.

You deserve a cookie

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

But thanks.

Thanks.
It always comes out.

Frame it any way that makes you comfortable. At least now you’re not such a phony as before.

Don’t forget Ignore unless your needs are too strong.

If trying to be nice and giving you the benefit of a doubt is phony.... well then you are warped person.... fool me once... you coward pos

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by goalie

Again???

😂

You tell’em, puck boy.

I'm pretty sure "puck boy" > covtard

😉

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is obesity a problem on the gulf coast?

It is in all of the poor states in the country.

I wonder if there is any correlation between that and most southern states being 40% black?

Actually, it's about technology...air conditioning to be exact. Almost nobody was "obese" in the South 50 years ago. Somebody who has never lived where it is 90° + and 90% humidity for nine months of the year can't relate.

Perhaps it's more about the great president from Texas in the 60's?

Hmmmm you may be onto something here... naa it's air conditioning.... lmao

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

But thanks.[/quote]

Oh.... well this is awkward.... I guess I tend to be more optimistic.... well good luck.... oh and GFY hahahahhahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahah[/quote]

Thanks.
It always comes out.[/quote]

You will not receive the benefit of a doubt ... ever again.... [/quote]

Ohh,,and G ood F or Y ou, too, fubar.[/quote]

I underestimated what a vile pos you are.... congrats.... but you go girl, you against the whole fire .... winning... [/quote]

Don’t forget Ignore unless your needs are too strong.[/quote]

If trying to be nice and giving you the benefit of a doubt is phony.... well then you are warped person.... fool me once... you coward pos[/quote]

No need to try anything, fubar and save your benefits of a doubt for others

You’ve always been a phony in this regard . You just let it slip out from to time like now.

I don’t have to fool a fool at all. You’re doing good.
Don’t forget Ignore. You’ll be better for it but you just can’t seem to get it done.

Have a good evening.

Page 10 of 77 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 76 77

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
219 members (12344mag, 160user, 257 roberts, 257robertsimp, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 1,874 guests, and 863 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,793
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.